New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

I'd have to say its easy to overlook the shoulder thing cause the valks i assume are assembled in fighter mode. So during the QC process you can't see if its the right shoulder or not.

:(

395168[/snapback]

If the QC'ers only look at the fighter, it's not called QC'ing. They're supposed to transform between the modes and look for flaws. There's no reason for shoddy QC after their years of experience and good profit. Yamato's poor QC reminds me the reason I stop buying multiples.

To those who wait: it's not going to be any better. As I said, it's not experience. It's the process, commitment and attitude to assemble better toys that are lacking from Yamato.

I'd have to say its easy to overlook the shoulder thing cause the valks i assume are assembled in fighter mode. So during the QC process you can't see if its the right shoulder or not.

:(

395168[/snapback]

If the QC'ers only look at the fighter, it's not called QC'ing. They're supposed to transform between the modes and look for flaws. There's no reason for shoddy QC after their years of experience and good profit. Yamato's poor QC reminds me the reason I stop buying multiples.

To those who wait: it's not going to be any better. As I said, it's not experience. It's the process, commitment and attitude to assemble better toys that are lacking from Yamato.

395246[/snapback]

Actually i'm now quite curious if what you said is true. Does real QC entail transforming a figure? Cause if it does, it would take hell lots of time and resources. I think usually they just assemble it in whatever mode they're supposed to be packaged in.

Just saw some QC complains from HK:

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39501

Translation:

Poster and two friends bought 3 VF-0S together from the same store.

One has a broken tail fin, left leg missing magnet, right leg has a 2mm gap - refunded.

One's left leg has inverted magnet (i.e. repel the fast pack), fixed by surgery.

One has very loose hinges. Probably will get an exchange/refund.

Two of the three have loose gunpod handle.

P.S. One of the foot move to wrong location when folded. (not quite sure what he means)

There is one reply say he has similar issue with loose hinges, and another saying his copy is fine and well painted.

Well I hope you guys have better luck.

Pics, and let us know what to look for.

But I'm optimistic and think that if you give them a chance that the gradual improvements will be seen as they "learn". Which is why I recommend people to wait,(don't preorder so much without waiting for reviews first - think of all the shipping cost?) share your impressions, complain, (nitpick like a whiny bitch) and speak out so they can at least be presured to address any issues if they hear your voice loud enough so future people don't suffer too.

The complaint could be something small like loose head turret (I got one of these on the VF1S Roy) but hopefully it will alert and inform others enough to at least make an informed purchase so they won't reel in shock. If enough people want something and bitch about it enough times and provided it is doable, (hips being improved in later 1/72 macross plus toy editions for example) they will get it.

Being an early adopter is always risky. You sometimes are the one relied upon to eat the cost and help to eventually open up the gates for the masses who jump in later after all the early issues are looked into from the initial early complaints. (take massively multiplayer online gaming (MMORPG) as an example during the early days of Ultima Online. Are we not glad that this pioneered the way for all other mmorpg that came later, despite all the early problems experienced and that it was not perfect from the start?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Do Yamato have to accept back defective products? Cause if they do, you can bet that they will be cracking down on the slackarses that are screwing around. It costs them money in the end after all.

They probably do but not all toy retailers do cause its quite costly to send back a defective toy to be replaced with a new one. Though to stay on the good side of customers, they accept the problem ones and try to sell it at a loss.

Most of the batches came from jp while some are from HK. Seems that there isnt QC problems so far..no wrong shoulders, loose joints. Havent fiddle with the Fps magnets and polycaps yet..Hope those are ok as well Touch wood! :huh::)

The pilot figurine is one of the best painted figures i have seen so far, looks much more better that that of the 1/48.

Cheers

For all those that bitched about the price here is the money shot. this proves size wise what your vf-0 looks compared with a 1/48. now aside from defects it proves the toys value note how the two are almost the same height.

post-1351-1146515934_thumb.jpg

post-1351-1146515973_thumb.jpg

Edited by buddhafabio

For all those that bitched about the price here is the money shot.  this proves size wise what your vf-0 looks compared with a 1/48.  now aside from defects  it proves the toys value            note how the two are almost  the same height.

395496[/snapback]

Is 1/60 Roy over-compensating for his height, with a bigger gun and extra-long ROV lasers? :lol:

:rolleyes: Can someone show some pics about these details :"The cockpit seat rotates so that the pilot figure is facing the correct way in both Fighter & Battroid Modes"?

and this:"The torso has some sort of sliding function on the chest piece to make the Battroid torso look shorter"?

and this one too:"The backpack hinge is much more durable than on the 1/48"?

Thanks...

For all those that bitched about the price here is the money shot.  this proves size wise what your vf-0 looks compared with a 1/48.  now aside from defects  it proves the toys value             note how the two are almost  the same height.

395496[/snapback]

Is 1/60 Roy over-compensating for his height, with a bigger gun and extra-long ROV lasers? :lol:

395501[/snapback]

may be a lil. i want to see one of these next to 1/60s soooo bad.

Nice pics on toysdaily. It does show that the choice to go 1/60 was a good one and that it's a good scale for a VF0 toy. I don't think I could afford a 1/48 VF0. :D

If only the Qrau had that much attention like that. (opening hatches and actual micromissiles that can come out like GBP, posable pilot like scopedog with more detailed cockpit interior, and knee joints like VF0)

Now they need to do the ghost booster (its naked) and vf0A. (and maybe reactive armor fatsuit)

So what are all the tampo printed details again? And have the stickers improved?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Nice pics on toysdaily. It does show that the choice to go 1/60 was a good one and that it's a good scale for a VF0 toy.  I don't think I could afford a 1/48 VF0. :D

If only the Qrau had that much attention like that. (opening hatches and actual micromissiles that can come out like GBP, posable pilot like scopedog with more detailed cockpit interior, and knee joints like VF0)

Now they need to do the ghost booster (its naked) and vf0A. (and maybe reactive armor fatsuit)

So what are all the tampo printed details again? And have the stickers improved?

395551[/snapback]

From what I saw, the pics from toysdaily don't have any stickers applied. Everything in those images is printed on. So, it's quite the change. You still have to put the kites on the nose though.

Edited by Shmitty

My hobby link Japan VF-0S preorder just got updated from May Restock to June Restock. That sucks.

Anybody else have preorders with them?

395695[/snapback]

My order is shown as shipped a day ago by EMS. I ordered the VF-0S and the super stealth. I should have them early next week.

I just got confirmation from Image Anime that I'll be getting my VF-0 tomorrow (yeah, it's a little more expensive than most places, but I get anything that's instock the next business day even through standard shipping, so it sorta works out).

Now I'm REALLY nervous about this... hopefully those insanes QC issues are a fluke and not a recurring thing....

My hobby link Japan VF-0S preorder just got updated from May Restock to June Restock. That sucks.

Anybody else have preorders with them?

395695[/snapback]

same here .. i guess they have received less Vf-0 than expected and we must now wait the restock.

Edited by isamu_dyson