1/48 VF-1A Hikaru being re-released!

twinmoons

OK folks, on the Yamato frontier, it looks like the 1/48 VF-1A is making a comeback. I have confirmed that Yamato is re-releasing this one as well. They are due to be releassed overseas around November 30th, just in time for the Holiday Season.

The pre-orders for these are up on our site as well.

Looks like Yamato is going crazy with the re-releases. So far we've confirmed:

- 1/60 VF-1S Strike

- 1/60 Super VF-1J Max

- 1/60 Super VF-1J Millia

- 1/48 VF-1S Roy

- 1/48 VF-1A Hikaru

I am still hoping that they will re-release the Super VF-1J Hikaru. * keeps fingers crossed *

Best Regards,

Tamim

Edited by twinmoons

Anyone has any ideas if the re-released 1/48 incorporates the design updates (i.e. nosecone slots, better control surfaces)?

Also.. hopefully the 1S tail skulls are on straight. I may get one if so.

From what I've heard, the new-releases will be using the new molds and will incorporate the design updates.

From what I've heard, the new-releases will be using the new molds and will incorporate the design updates.

No worries there; I can wait for someone to get the 1/48 Hikaru v2.0 and confirm. If the 1/48 Hikaru has the upgrades then the 1/48 Focker would have too.

But IIRC, the backpack hinge is still the same design (and hence with the same vulnerability). And no guarantees on the crooked skull either.. I guess we would need to gamble a bit there.

No worries there; I can wait for someone to get the 1/48 Hikaru v2.0 and confirm. If the 1/48 Hikaru has the upgrades then the 1/48 Focker would have too.

But IIRC, the backpack hinge is still the same design (and hence with the same vulnerability). And no guarantees on the crooked skull either.. I guess we would need to gamble a bit there.

Yeah, the backpack hinge would still be the same. I wish they had included that piece that comes with the FAST packs along with the 1/48 valks themselves. That piece keeps the backpacks firmly in place and also fills that gap behind the valks head. Well, this just means that you'll have to get a set of fast packs for all of your valks :D

Old crooked-skull 1/48s = FAST Pack candidates.

New correctly-applied skull 1/48s = No FAST Packs!

I'll just put the FAST Packs on my old ones to hide the crooked skulls, and buy some new ones to proudly display the "good" skulls.

They got the skulls right on the low-vis. . . so hopefully they've learned how to apply them straight by now. :)

H