What else do you guys model?

David Hingtgen

...er, I model ladies lingerie B)

I build only gundam models, MG's, PG's and 1/60 HG/EX's. Most of them were built straight out of the box without painting.

Am I the only one who do not really enjoy the building process? If there were a series of gundam toys with the same scale and details and possability as the MG's or PG's, I would gladly pick them up instead of the models.

So far I like the 1/60 HG/EX's most, because of their ease of building, and they are inexpensive for their scale.

UH, in that case, I hope your a lady ;) JK BTW

anywho, I mostly model auto's and racing cars (yes, big nascar fan, and yes, I am a hillbilly) I've been getting into macross and gundam quite a bit lately, I allways customize a kit, The only kit I didnt customize was a 1/100 Arii strike valk

UH, in that case, I hope your a lady ;) JK BTW

anywho, I mostly model auto's and racing cars (yes, big nascar fan, and yes, I am a hillbilly) I've been getting into macross and gundam quite a bit lately, I allways customize a kit, The only kit I didnt customize was a 1/100 Arii strike valk

Actually, me girlfriend :wub: does for me. Just had to make a smart@ss comment :D

I used to build US Navy warships, mostly WWI & WWII era. The capital ships were much more impressive than todays warships. Not enough gun turrets bristling on the deck.

Now that I've got a big 'ol box of Bandai Macross models, I'm slowly getting back into the former hobby.

Pretty much only planes. I love sleek modern aircraft - so that pretty much only means miltary fighter jets. Of course the Hasegawa Macross kits got me back into modelling again, so I will tie up my next 20 years building this stuff. But I really like anything that is sleek with nice lines, hence my current infatuation with Yukikaze.

I would love to get a 1/72 F-14 in Jolly Rogers markings out some day soon.

And of course my old love, Star Trek Enterprises - but the Bandai is the first thing in ST that I've touched in years. There is always the classic stuff the the X-Wing and the Babylon 5 Star Fury and someday an Viper (I've got the proper canopy and cockpit photo-etched and resin pieces)! I need to win a lottery!! Just need time.

I don't really model these days, just collect Nike sneakers and Macross stuff (well, the sneakers are winning these days).

I used to model cars though and make dioramas for them. Here are three of my favourites:

Here is my Ferrari 456M. I just went for a simplistic setting for this one. Bit of a rush job. If you look closely there is a finger print on the left wheel arch. I didn't notice it until after I added the clear coat over the top...

Ferrari_456_780.jpg

BMW Z4. The difficult thing with this one was just painting the back ground on the diorama to give that added sense of depth. I think it came out ok.

download_z4_z4_08.jpg

Lastly, my Porshe 911 type 993. As you can see I like silver paint jobs. Hard work to make them realistic but worth it in the end.

wp_04_800_600.jpg

hellohikaru,

If you are still around, I kinda hit this post a lil late, I used to have a 1/72 or 1/48 KC-135R Stratotanker. I can't remember the scale, but I did it for a diorama of an "Open Fuel Tanks" work area. It's been long donated to my old shop and I don't have any pics. I do remember it was an Italia model. It had awesome details, every panel line and access opening. Floor boards all through the cargo area, boom pod details and a pretty detailed cockpit. I'm almost positive it was before the "Pacer-Kraig" glass cockpit upgrade but it was awesome nonetheless. I think the wingspan was close to two feet or more (if i remember correctly) ....

BTW that RAAF 130 it was awesome !!

I'd love to make a Compass Call version of the -130 since that's what I work on right now.

PM me if you have any -135/-130/A-10 specific questions.

Hey David!!

I just picked up orders to Misawa AB Japan, I'll be working on -16s, I think CJ models.

At least I'll be a little closer to the class of aircraft our Valks were bred from.

As hard as I try, I don't think the -130 would make a feasible xforming Macross aircraft ...

Alright. My turn to start sharing. These are only a few of my most recent figures. I don't have any completed models on display right now, so no pics.

Edit: Sorry for the large pic.

post-3-1064971027_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpha Omega

• 4 weeks later...
I don't really model these days, just collect Nike sneakers and Macross stuff (well, the sneakers are winning these days).

I used to model cars though and make dioramas for them. Here are three of my favourites:

Here is my Ferrari 456M. I just went for a simplistic setting for this one. Bit of a rush job. If you look closely there is a finger print on the left wheel arch. I didn't notice it until after I added the clear coat over the top...

Ferrari_456_780.jpg

BMW Z4. The difficult thing with this one was just painting the back ground on the diorama to give that added sense of depth. I think it came out ok.

download_z4_z4_08.jpg

Lastly, my Porshe 911 type 993. As you can see I like silver paint jobs. Hard work to make them realistic but worth it in the end.

wp_04_800_600.jpg

You built those? Either you're really good, or your full of $hit....and I'm leaning toward the latter. I'm not aware of any company that makes the Ferrari 456M, the new Z4 kit, or the 993 turbo for that matter.

As for models, I haven't been doing any types of models for the last year or so. I kind of stopped mid project of a 1/24 scale GT500 NSX. Here's a pic of a prototype GT500 NSX I built from an existing kit. I just covered the entire model with CF decal:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment....=&postid=172811

I posted pics of my other stuff in this link if anyone's interested:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread....ght=neos+models

I'm now working on a VF-1S Strike and I could use all the help and tips I can find. It's the first aircraft model I've worked on since grade 9 and the ones I built then really sucked. I remember seeing a step-by-step from wm cheng a long time ago and I'd like to use that as a guide but I couldn't find the link. Anyone here point me in the right direction?

I'll model almost anything but these days, due to time limitations, I tend to concentrate on anime kits and some Warhammer 40,000 stuff. I started out in WWII armour, then with the release of Star Wars in '76 I switched focus to movie and TV spacecraft until the early '80s when a local model store stocked Imai/Arii's Macross range and I discovered anime.

I currently have around 400 finished kits and another 550 plus unbuilt. Check my website for pictures...[link] I haven't updated it for over a year as my CG modeling has seriously reduced the amount of time I spend on real models.

You built those? Either you're really good, or your full of $hit....and I'm leaning toward the latter. I'm not aware of any company that makes the Ferrari 456M, the new Z4 kit, or the 993 turbo for that matter.

As for models, I haven't been doing any types of models for the last year or so. I kind of stopped mid project of a 1/24 scale GT500 NSX. Here's a pic of a prototype GT500 NSX I built from an existing kit. I just covered the entire model with CF decal:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment....=&postid=172811

I posted pics of my other stuff in this link if anyone's interested:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread....ght=neos+models

I'm now working on a VF-1S Strike and I could use all the help and tips I can find. It's the first aircraft model I've worked on since grade 9 and the ones I built then really sucked. I remember seeing a step-by-step from wm cheng a long time ago and I'd like to use that as a guide but I couldn't find the link. Anyone here point me in the right direction?

Obvioulsy he is joking...

I HOPE.

Ferrari_456_780.jpg

download_z4_z4_08.jpg

wp_04_800_600.jpg

I think you're full of it, even under zoom you cant see a fingerprint anywhere on that Ferrari, as for the BMW, theres a tire track leading to where it's parked (just look behind the right rear), and as for the Porshe, you cant get decals anywhere with those two stickers on the plate in front, plus that background is not fake, it's a real one.

PLUS! here's the kicker! just look at where the images come from!

the first one: http://www.ferrari.com/cmc_upload/1/610/74...ari_456_780.jpg

the second one: http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/products...ad_z4_z4_08.jpg

and the third one: http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/911..._04_800_600.jpg

so you know what you say to those? we call you a liar! so that means you're BUSTED!!!

Well... I got this kit oh about a year or so ago I think:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/r&v/js_licy.htm

Its a nice kit but took alot of work to make it look accurate. Still its a

nice quality resin kit and I'd recomend it. I'm thinking about getting this

kit:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/r&v/jw_tron.htm

a try next if y'all like this one. And before I jump into the pictures

allow me to apologize about the finger print over the rear wheel arch.

I didn't notice it until after I added the clear coat over the top...

Also I probably shouldn't have taken it outside to photograph. The

glare on the grid in the foreground is a bit much. Still all considered

I'm happy with how it turned out.

Enjoy....

Carl

post-3-1067838616_thumb.jpg

Edited by wwwmwww

Ferrari_456_780.jpg

download_z4_z4_08.jpg

wp_04_800_600.jpg

I think you're full of it, even under zoom you cant see a fingerprint anywhere on that Ferrari, as for the BMW, theres a tire track leading to where it's parked (just look behind the right rear), and as for the Porshe, you cant get decals anywhere with those two stickers on the plate in front, plus that background is not fake, it's a real one.

PLUS! here's the kicker! just look at where the images come from!

the first one: http://www.ferrari.com/cmc_upload/1/610/74...ari_456_780.jpg

the second one: http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/products...ad_z4_z4_08.jpg

and the third one: http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/911..._04_800_600.jpg

so you know what you say to those? we call you a liar! so that means you're BUSTED!!!

You want to know the real giveaway? It's the reflections. I don't care how good you are, it's just not possible to make models reflect prefectly like that, there's no paint that can achieve that effect at such a small scale.

The license plates are also a major giveaway. The only way those details could be done is if the car was a huge scale model, a 1/8 or 1/6, something like that.

Another giveaway is the shadows. Anyone who has experimented with lighting a model knows that shadows like that ae nearly impossible to achieve.

So, unless these are insanely large-scale, i'm calling BS.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started to model MG Gundam (Especially the Zaku). I have about 4 that is done and several more to finish, when I have some spare time.

I will post some pics on to my web site once I have time to uploaded on to it. I also have Monster 1/200 being built right now. It should be done in December or so, during the holidays (Hopefully).

"Please post link or photos" of your models. I believe model kits are the real cool part of anybodys collections and I would probably never get tire of it. (My Yammi and other diecast are somewhat becoming "old"). If someone has diorama of their model kits, please post that also, I am always amaze at talents of some of the modelers when I see their diorama.

Thanks,