Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

Here are our purchases this year at AX 2010, Orguss, Southern Cross, Macross 7 and Macross DYRL:

I absolutely love my Orguss cel. Had to get that one, as for some reason, I don't see a lot of cels with both characters in the same pic.

@ ReflexPoint: THANKS for sharing! Nice additions too! Congrats! :)

@ Mokman: Wow, isn't it frightening to be in-between jobs? How long has it been? Hang in there, sure something will work out.

@ Mercurial Morpheus: Can you post a pic of your Sentinels cel that you won? Thanks!

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Nice grabs there Reflex Point. I particularly like the Southern Cross and Mospeada ones. There were a few Southern Cross cels on Yahoo Japan last week I think it was but alas, with no job at the moment I couldn't justify the expense. It has been quite a while since my last cel purchase at all now that I think of it, lol. And yes, the $2.5k boundary is a scary thing to approach, much less the $2k or even $1k. :) I did so for my holy grail but don't think I would again for anything else. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Nice stuff there.

Fortress_Maximus & Mercurial Morpheus: Thanks! And I, too, would like to see your Sentinels cel! :-D

Mokman.... *bows Wayne and Garth style* I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! Seriously, WOW! What a wonderful collection!!!! Plus a Princess Mononoke too! If my husband and I ever won the lotto, we'd buy a house, travel-travel-travel, and go crazy with cels and Macross toys! :-D I hope things get better for you with your job situation. I was almost in a similar situation several months ago so I feel for you. Hang in there!

Thanks all. It's not what I want, obviously, but not that big of a deal with the job. I am not hurting for cash but there isn't any for "extras" like cels and such. But then again, with the way Macross cel prices have been going the last few years even if I had a job I probably wouldn't want to spend that much anyways, lol.

Ok, one piece just for the fun...

Pic found in the mag Hobby japan of June 2007:

post-1010-127871551241_thumb.jpg

And the original settei:

post-1010-127871555844_thumb.jpg

(sorry for the title in the middle of the settei but it's only to prevent some problems...)

Who's next?

akim.

Seeing this topic pop up again, I'll post my only Macross TV cel. It's seen better days but I like it.

That's a cool cell, and to be honest, she's one of the main characters that we're missing from our collection. I'd like to get one of Milia, Max, and Myun, but I'm not in a rush.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I was recently contacted by a friend of mine and fellow cel collector who is looking to sell two Miriya cels through a private transaction. If anyone is interested send me a message and I will get the two of you in touch to pursue it further.

*edit I have put all of the relevant information in the for sale forum.

Edited by Mokman

Great topic! I'm kind of happy that I didn't pull it up sooner to see the newer additions before I went to SDCC. There was one dealer, in particular, who had some pretty good Macross cels for sale. I haven't picked anything up in a while, however, and I really need to get back into the cel-collecting game...seeing all this new stuff is very inspiring... :)

Here are our purchases this year at AX 2010, Orguss, Southern Cross, Macross 7 and Macross DYRL:

It's been several years since I've been to AX or SDCC. What was the range of costs for these Macross/Mospeada/Southern Cross cels at the shows?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay. Here's picture I took of it. I think I got it for answering a question back when they were promoing Shadow Chronicles, or asking a question. Almost got a Toynami Max (which i already had) and have gotten keychains (got stilled on the figures others questions were getting) and what over the years.

post-1202-128690102369_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice cel you got there. My wife and I are saving up for AX this year, so depending on what cels they have, we'll be getting a few more. I want to get some of M:Plus, but it's all about selection. I'll also be looking for some more of Orguss, and the ever elusive Gunbuster cels. Heck, I'd even like to get a good one of Miriya (not the crappy drawn versions).

There's been a few Gunbuster ones on eBay that I would've loved to have, including one from 6. Nothing great, but it's Gunbuster.

I see them pop up from time to time, but mostly they're so far out of price range. Especially if you want a decent one of Noriko.

There's been a few Gunbuster ones on eBay that I would've loved to have, including one from 6. Nothing great, but it's Gunbuster.

Are the ones from 6 actually in colour, or were they originally painted in black and white?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too sure, but I think this was my only mecha related cel for 2010, close-up of Big O with matching line drawing.

I ended up passing up on some so-so mospeada cels this year and most Macross cels passed by me on price. Hopefully 2011 will be more kind.

post-1065-129308046951_thumb.jpg

post-1065-129308047018_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Would you know of any stores and people in Japan that sells cels online to overseas?

Or where would be the best place to get cels. I'm desperately looking for Macross and especially studio Ghibli ones.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...