Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As was stated in the other thread by Acroray, you gotta make some posters outa these!

So cool.

I USED to own the Storm Attacker one. That's in XSTOYS' collection now. HE is the one who HAS to make posters of them! :lol:

I don't have a lot of documentation of my small cel collection, but here's a couple from my Macross-related cels:

The lovely Chlore, Meltrandi commander of the Fleet of Strongest Women, cel & genga:

ChloreCel.jpg

And the Zentraedi battleship that nearly ended Space War One for the wrong side in DYRL (with screen capture of scene):

DYRLZentShipCel.jpg

Best of all, each cel was like $5. The DYRL cel was mis-identified as a Pokemon monster!

I'm also into other shows. I just picked up a nice lot of Dougram cels via eBay. They're in-transit now, but here an auction pic of my favorite - a Soltic Roundfacer Korchima Special going kablooie! :lol:

DougramKorchimaKablooie.jpg

I also have this unusual G1 Transformers item: This is a "model/approval" cel, created at Sunbow Studios and provided to Hasbro, for approval on the animated design for the Searchlight character, which appeared briefly in the post-TF:TM Transformers TV series:

celsearchlight.jpg

...This is hand-painted, but the image is xerography, presumably from a hand-drawn reference. From Hasbro's files, and includes revision and approval stamps. I've got another of the character/toy "Cloudraker", but no images of it handy. It's pretty large, too - like 11" x 17" or so.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not been very active in the cel community of late (economic factors and a lack of available cels out there that I am really interested in) but I thought I would share my latest acquisition. I had been aware of this cel for some time and watched it listed and not sold several times. Finally something of a bidding war opened on it and I was able to find the financial backing to win the auction. Gotta say I am very happy with it, being my favorite character, Max, and his wife Miriya.

post-3622-1248117169_thumb.jpg

I remember this; the seller finally released it from the high minimum bid, starting it at 1 yen and allowing the bid war. It went for a fair amount less than he originally asked, if I'm not mistaken, but he did this for a fair number of high-quality cels that I guess he finally wanted to let go.

It's great to see the cel and background in their full glory. Congratulations!

I saw that M&M one. I bid $10 bucks and prayed no one else would notice!

It ended up going for $700 some right? Or was it even more with the Rinkya (or whatever) commission?

---

Another GREAT one just went for over $500 of Minmei getting chased by a Pod in episode 2.

Would have LOVED this one . . .

post-8486-1248816504_thumb.jpg

DarrinG most TV, DYRL and FB cels of the primary characters range from 500 to 2000+. A lot depends on the scarcity, composition, character, condition, setting, and of course if the background is present. If your budget is below 100 you might fare better obtaining Macross7 cels. Happy hunting.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

• 3 weeks later...
Nice cels dude! How long have you collected?

Collecting off and on for many years I guess. I had a garage fire and have been out of my house for a freaking year. I have a few more cels but never took pics of them. They're in a warehouse somewhere, hope they're OK.

Here are some other Non-Macross cels, will post more in a month or two when I get my stuff back . . .

post-8486-1250781399_thumb.jpg

post-8486-1250781421_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've been a cel collector, on and off, for a while. I have a pretty good sized collection of Cutie Honey cels as well as Bubblegum Crisis 2040. My Macross collection is pretty meager compared to many of you. Here is one of my Macross 7 cels.

post-7183-1253923487_thumb.jpg

Welcome to MW buffalostyle! :) Do you have a cel gallery at rubberslug? If not please create one it is free. PM me if you need details.

Nice M7 cel. Please share more. Thanks!

Actually, I just realized that I didn't put it in my profile. Just the 'ol blog. Anywho, my rubberslug gallery is located at:

http://buffalostyle.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

I started out collecting mostly BGC2040 and Cutie Honey cels. Just a few Macross cels (for now). I need to correct soon....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

O.k., two more cels I had to get before I go back into frivolous spending hibernation again.

One Steelheart cel from the 80's SilverHawks and one Wonder Woman cel from Challenge of the Super Friends (or may also be the follow-up Super Powers show).

post-1065-1255882972_thumb.jpg

post-1065-1255882976_thumb.jpg

I stopped buying cels for a while since there just were no interesting ones out there. But a few have been popping up all priced over 50% below what they would have gone for a few years ago I just couldn't pass up.

Plus I've pretty much sold off 80% of my toy collection since I just wasn't finding space for them anymore. Thank goodness cels don't need a lot of storage space.

Here is my latest purchase, just a minor find. It was cheap though, probably because it is an unimportant character and was listed as an Orguss cel, lol. The background is most certainly not correct and is hopelessly stuck to the cel. Oh well.

post-3622-1256081519_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mokman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Picked up a Lisa Hayase cel finally from the t.v. series. Now only if I can get one of Minmei would complete the Macross love triangle!

VERY nice, baronv!!! Looking at these cels makes me think about re-entering the cel-collecting arena. I haven't picked anything up in awhile...Who knows? Maybe when I hit up ComiCon, I might actually look for some new cels.

• 1 month later...

There was a 2.5K DYRL Minmei that a fan saved up for 3 years to purchase this year at AX. Great cel and definitely a dedicated fan! My next goal is to get a DYRL Misa and a Houquet/Fuke Eroze from Mospeada. But definitely WAAAAY under 2.5K! ^_^

Otherwise, my husband and I have cels from Rurouni Kenshin, Fushigi Yuugi, YuYu Hakusho, Ninja Scroll, Goldenboy, InuYasha, and various others.

Edited by Reflex Point

So the 2.5k cel finallly sold. I remember seeing that sucker at Fanime for years. Nice collection. I've been meaning to start collecting cels, but haven't gotten to it. The only one i have a one from The Sentinels I won at a Robotech panel. :rolleyes:

So the 2.5k cel finallly sold. I remember seeing that sucker at Fanime for years. Nice collection. I've been meaning to start collecting cels, but haven't gotten to it. The only one i have a one from The Sentinels I won at a Robotech panel. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that 2.5K Minmei was from Anime Link. It was displayed Friday, then on Saturday *poof!* Good for the guy for saving up his money for so long! I love cels, but I don't think I could fork out remotely that much.

And hey, there aren't that many Sentinels cels out there and it was free... so you're off to a good start. ;)

Nice grabs there Reflex Point. I particularly like the Southern Cross and Mospeada ones. There were a few Southern Cross cels on Yahoo Japan last week I think it was but alas, with no job at the moment I couldn't justify the expense. It has been quite a while since my last cel purchase at all now that I think of it, lol. And yes, the $2.5k boundary is a scary thing to approach, much less the $2k or even $1k. :) I did so for my holy grail but don't think I would again for anything else. Anyways, thanks for sharing. Nice stuff there.