Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

It's funny, the episode 36 cel with background sold so ALL of Urbantreasurehunterjapan's macross cels that have been sitting for like a year he almost doubled the ALREADY super inflated price on it haha. I just noticed that he just jacked the price up on them substantially. Wow haha after I bought from him he messaged me saying he didn't answer because his mother has stomach cancer and she comes first. I have sent him several messages the last few months and not 1 response. After I purchased he messaged me telling me that garbage lie. He responds to offers though..

3 hours ago, elrdf said:

Wow haha after I bought from him he messaged me saying he didn't answer because his mother has stomach cancer and she comes first. I have sent him several messages the last few months and not 1 response. After I purchased he messaged me telling me that garbage lie. He responds to offers though..

So you bought something from a seller you stated was "not cool"......no way you got it for a bargain from that azzhat....I already knew you really wanted to get your hands on Macross cels, but I guess I didn't realize how desperate you really were to get them :wacko:

Why wouldn't you have simply bought it when it was originally listed on YJA?

Your financial support of this POS merely encourages him to continue....making you and others pay more on their hobby.....not desperate,eh?  A fool and his money I suppose....

The cel collecting community applauds your contributions! ;)

Well, I got into collecting after it sold on YJA UNFORTUNATELY. Pains me to think I supported this POS. If he asked like 2k or something 2.5k that would be reasonable still alittle high but 3700 he lost his fkn mind. I paid less than 3,700 for it though. 

1 hour ago, elrdf said:

That was his MOST expensive cel too that he was selling. All of his macross cels will sit forever and never sell though. 

Amazing.  Everything you just stated completely contradicts itself.

You apparently do not understand that by purchasing his most price-gouged cel.....the rest of his cels not selling anytime soon or ever becomes basically irrelevant.  Wow.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:37 AM, Swann said:

Here is some Mospeada cels I have 

mospeadacel1.jpg

mospeadacel2.jpg

corg1.jpg

corg2.jpg

Always good to see more than just Macross cels. With those Mospeada bike toys coming out I hope more Mospeada cels start turning up.

I really do not follow any other anime series other than Macross......but do other character designers change their style as often as Mikimoto?  It seems he tweaked his style with each new Macross series or project he was involved in as the character designer.

21 hours ago, Mokman said:

I agree.  Quality artwork there but I like the classic style better.

I would be surprised if anyone prefers the new style over the old one.

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Mikimoto's latest Macross character designs from Macross the First are way better than his 90's stuff....but still not as good as his original SDFM stuff...

28763967_2089678774601774_78576829591202

Agreed.. The original Macross show was sick.. It was a magical show.

37 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Mikimoto's latest Macross character designs from Macross the First are way better than his 90's stuff....but still not as good as his original SDFM stuff...

This looks better than the Legend of the Galactic Heroes character redesigns. Those are terrible. 

There was a Mikimoto Gundam manga I was going to check out. I still haven't got around to it yet. I was hoping that the art in it would be special. I still haven't fully watched or read any Gundam series yet.

For macross production cels I often see them with codes starting with A or B. How about those starting with without? Is it possible for non code cels to be production? Any advice? Tried searching but couldn’t find much.... maybe I am searching wrongly....

Edited by juice14

Those codes are the sequence numbers used in production.  The A and B letters plus numbers indicate the different timing.  This information is typically referenced by staff in the production timing guides or storyboards booklets.  Also a thing to know about sequence number, it is used to designate if some sequences are held longer, others are key, opening, eyecatch, ending, while others are repeated.  There is a lot more to cover but that is a high level overview.

As for non-sequence numbered cels those generally are not production cels; however, it depends.  Some might be test cels, others are replacement unused sequences, while others are model sheets.  Also it might be a hanken used for advertising, and some might even be used in post production.  In the end you really need to be a detective when researching artwork.  Good luck!

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

12 hours ago, juice14 said:

For macross production cels I often see them with codes starting with A or B. How about those starting with without? Is it possible for non code cels to be production? Any advice? Tried searching but couldn’t find much.... maybe I am searching wrongly....

This site has some good info...

http://www.animanga.com/cels/info/cels.html

1 hour ago, tepidarium said:

Back in the day, Animanga had a great community forum for cel collectors.  And Cels.org cel dealer tracker, too!  Now, the cel tracking merchant websites are gone :(

Someone made a tracking site. Perhaps it was posted here. I know I saved the link somewhere.