Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

15 hours ago, saffabrat said:

Yeah... I just bought it... Lets see what its like....

I remember that one and some of the posts. It's still an expensive bet with shipping unless you are over there or got a deal on the shipping too. Still post what it's like when you get it. Personally I would have gone for a few of those sketches on Yahoo Japan. I remember seeing a few good cels in the last week or so too. I had to pass on those for cels from other series and because of all the good toys coming out in the coming months.

Hey Guys,

Hope you are well - will let you know what its like when it arrives in a few weeks.

@jvmacross Got it for £240 GBP/$330 USD including delivery (which I am happy with if the cel is 1/2 decent). The seller is a nice bloke and said he would refund postage if it turned out to not be as much as estimated (think he realized asking $670 USD was a bit much haha).

@Fortress_Maximus Thanks very much for the advice - my wife most certainly agrees haha. I have put off buying this stuff for a long time (so as to avoid the aforementioned debt) and am now collecting stuff that I can potentially put up on the wall/in a visible area and enjoy (rather than filed away like some serious hoarder haha). Some people buy paintings, I like this stuff. The only anime I am really interested in is Macross/Robotech and Ghost in the Shell... Would be great to have some Warner Bros/Simpsons/Family guys stuff too but am not going to go there yet as could get nasty ugly quickly :)

@JetJockey I actually bid on a few of the items this past week (assume against a few of you guys haha) but it ended too high for me (also got pretty frustrating when the length of the auction kept on increasing). The reason I took a risk on this cel is that I currently have no Macross Mecha in my collection and to get a VS-1 (Scull Squadron) was just too tempting to pass (even if it does turn out to be a let down I still have a nice frame to put something else in haha).

On 3/8/2018 at 10:33 PM, saffabrat said:

The only anime I am really interested in is Macross/Robotech and Ghost in the Shell...

I actually bid on a few of the items this past week (assume against a few of you guys haha) but it ended too high for me (also got pretty frustrating when the length of the auction kept on increasing). The reason I took a risk on this cel is that I currently have no Macross Mecha in my collection and to get a VS-1 (Scull Squadron) was just too tempting to pass (even if it does turn out to be a let down I still have a nice frame to put something else in haha).

I like and don't like that auto extension on Yahoo Japan. It stops the snipers but also can get people to "find" extra money. I've lost auctions because of that auto extension that I thought I was going to win. Another thing, I've seen a few Yahoo Japan cel auction sellers on ebay recently. I haven't compared the prices though.

If you like Ghost in the Shell, the foil version of this Mondo poster goes for as much as good cels these days.

Ansin_GITS_foil_add_1024x1024.jpg

On 3/17/2018 at 10:19 PM, ANTEATERNEO said:

8BB0B503-BA21-4E82-914C-9FAAA1FD38BF.thumb.jpeg.fa84a1198d244718dc7bbff16065a5d8.jpegHi there I would like to share my latest acquisition from JYA , a serial correction genga of Hikaru. It is said to from Ep 27, however I could not find the scene , any help is much appreciated!

4AE0733B-D600-4778-A0FF-4B16AE9E8ADD.jpeg

926101C9-5674-42B3-9BFB-DB69A80BA6CD.jpeg

BD229377-C91B-446C-8BE5-BB15BCFAA3D4.jpeg

Given that Hikaru looks like he is wearing something baggy/rounded around his neck, it is probably the scarf he got in episode 34. Other outfits he wore in the TV show generally had sharp collars, so this stood out to me.

macross-scarf.jpg

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

On 2018/3/22 at 8:26 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Given that Hikaru looks like he is wearing something baggy/rounded around his neck, it is probably the scarf he got in episode 34. Other outfits he wore in the TV show generally had sharp collars, so this stood out to me.

macross-scarf.jpg

A big thank you for the info, I found the possible scene in episode 34!

CC0C4697-95F6-44B5-AA5B-3D0DF5A8A686.jpeg

78489EA7-3784-4FF6-8C80-C2C829E69A58.jpeg

D7DDED3C-5930-4C87-A859-F4D312C9B23B.jpeg

B27E9BC3-1F9E-4777-BC85-D66E7F93B468.jpeg

Edited by ANTEATERNEO

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I've seen some beautiful cels on the website here and am really wanting to buy a few Robotech Cels from episodes 1-36 Macross Saga. I don't feel like waiting 53984753 years until a descent cel is listed on eBay Rinkya or Mandrake. Please let me know if y'all have any that you want to get rid of or sell to me please. Thanks so much!!

Well Mokuji, thank you for the kind responce. I am wanting to collect some good cels and am not 100% familiar with market prices and am VERY new to this. I would guess maybe around 1,100-1,600 maybe. I'm not sure. I'm just a really big fan and would like a few nice pieces. The ones on Ebay Rinkya and Mandarake I'm not too into.. Are you the Admin on the website or something cause by the way you respond It sure seems so!

Edited by elrdf

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elrdf said:

Can anyone help me find this cel in the show? I have looked through each episode and can't find this exact shot. Thanks so much!!large.s-l1600.jpg.41584765781e6ede196e386781ebeb8e.jpg

Hasn't even been 24hrs since you first asked.....

How about allowing folks to try and find the scene for you?

That is an interesting one.  My recollection is that there should be a collar on the uniform when the face shield is off.  If the background is correct that shows it is from an episode on Earth, so that would be the second half of the series I would think, after Force of Arms.

3 hours ago, Mokman said:

That is an interesting one.  My recollection is that there should be a collar on the uniform when the face shield is off.  If the background is correct that shows it is from an episode on Earth, so that would be the second half of the series I would think, after Force of Arms.

That is what I was thinking, however please see screenshot that I made for a comparison it's clearly not the same shot. the cel doesn't match. The background also is a copy background. I'm wondering if there is another episode with that same shot. The Collar was a mistake even in the episode because  a few min before had a collar then in this shot no collar as you can see. Please help me try to find which shot this is from. Thanks so much!!

large.5afde90acbcc7_possible1.jpg.0de29d339770eeebb33a2110a2c070f7.jpg

image.png

On 5/17/2018 at 6:56 PM, Mokman said:

Well the background matches from the screencap so it is likely the correct cut.  Perhaps the same animation is used in another scene we haven't found yet that is a few frames longer.

Maybe, I have been scrolling through the videos and haven't seen  another identical scene.. Unless I missed something. I really appreciate your help with this it's very kind of you! The seller of the cel is a legitimate source and has sold other cels together with this one that I have matched 100%. However, this one may have been a fake/fan made cel mixed with some originals that the yahoo japan auction seller had sold. If you bought from him check the cels authenticity! 

Edited by elrdf

1 minute ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

The counterfeit artworks are reappearing for sale.  Caveat emptor.

Agreed I noticed that on the few pieces so far

2 minutes ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

The counterfeit artworks are reappearing for sale.  Caveat emptor.

9 minutes ago, Fortress_Maximus said:

Indeed. Looks like the same deadbeat seller is still trying to fraudulantly pass off a counterfeit as authentic. Looks like this cockroach is trying to capitalize on the naivite of some buyers.

Yea I reported that Shmegmaroo to Rinkaya. I doubt anything would happen. Also, the seller may not know that it's not authentic. Who knows..