Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, asianed said:

I saw a bunch on a recent trip to Japan. For those who can make it, there's a tiny shop in the corner of Nakano Broadway on the top floor that has a decent collection. I almost walked out with one, but ended up putting the money elsewhere. :)

Macross cels?  Do you have the name of the shop or web address?

22 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Macross cels?  Do you have the name of the shop or web address?

I don't remember, to be honest. It's one of the few storefronts on the top floor of Nakano Broadway (a shopping center) that isn't owned by Mandarake. I know they've been there for at least 6 years and has a huge pile of various cells and douga that you can dig through. 

It's physically located in one of the corners of the building and opens before anything else (around 10am?) so it shouldn't be difficult to find. It really is off by itself and is across from the Mandarake storefront that sells scripts and other production collectables. 

I don't know if they have a site or not, it doesn't seem like they'd be sophisticated enough to have a site (or a site that shows invsntory). 

On 4/15/2017 at 9:03 PM, asianed said:

I don't remember, to be honest. It's one of the few storefronts on the top floor of Nakano Broadway (a shopping center) that isn't owned by Mandarake. I know they've been there for at least 6 years and has a huge pile of various cells and douga that you can dig through. 

It's physically located in one of the corners of the building and opens before anything else (around 10am?) so it shouldn't be difficult to find. It really is off by itself and is across from the Mandarake storefront that sells scripts and other production collectables. 

I don't know if they have a site or not, it doesn't seem like they'd be sophisticated enough to have a site (or a site that shows invsntory). 

Going there the week after.... will hunt :)

• 1 month later...

Well I joined the ranks,  I got a Maylen Cell a few months ago.  Very cheep has black ink stains, But it was me dipping my toe in the pool.  And now I have another to share Claudia.  I found this one at Acen in a cell binder labeled gundam.  And I just had to have it. :) So I thought I would share my two pieces of Macross history. Unfortunately she is quite stuck to the paper. 

IMG_8249.JPG

On 4/15/2017 at 9:03 PM, asianed said:

On 4/17/2017 at 0:34 AM, juice14 said:

Going there the week after.... will hunt :)

Ok I was there at this site.... I leafed through the inventory and this guy has been selling on Yahoo Japan auctions for quite some time. Other than that he has no website or anything in English. His Cels are way overpriced and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a partner selling on eBay....

Luckily I strolled over to Mandarake and got a nice piece there for only 5k yen lol..... will update on that separately....

On 5/31/2017 at 4:46 AM, Fortress_Maximus said:

Possibly but pretty sure urbantreasurehunterjapan does not have a brick and mortar.  Still it would be good to know if juice14 could post some pics of the store and the name of the business too.

It was all in Japanese.... and I lost the card too.... in any case I think this is the seller (from what I remember of his stuff)

http://buyee.jp/item/search/seller/kuroageha009

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice grab....doubt you could buy that for 5K on YJA.....congrats!

Which Mandarake?  

Nakano lor..... now Mandarake took over even more units in Nakano.... they are like super anchor tenant of the 4th floor now (on top of 2 and 3 lol)

• 2 months later...