Macross/Animation Cel Collection Thread

baronv

well, at least some buyee bidder stuck it to him this time....I don't see this particular cel having gone past the 10K JPY mark if it wasn't for "boo" on YJA aka "urbantreasurehunter" on ebay.....

That is the sad part, he will list it at $400 USD on ebay and it will never sell...even at his 25% discount "sale" prices....all he does is keep a collector from getting a good deal on a cel...... ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Nice! $35?

$35 for having a custom artist from eBay re-create that Millia cel.

She would not be able to re-create this though. I tried for it on YahooJapan - went up to 15,000 yen but it ended up going for 19,500.

It's from Patlabor 2 the Movie. Or a book from that movie - not sure.

I only go after 'framers' and this was a framer. It tells a cool story in itself. I like the contrast between the cheering, innocent kindergarteners and the towering death machine.

I should have went higher...

post-8486-0-07766000-1443635936_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-85241300-1443635942_thumb.jpg

$35 for having a custom artist from eBay re-create that Millia cel.

She would not be able to re-create this though. I tried for it on YahooJapan - went up to 15,000 yen but it ended up going for 19,500.

It's from Patlabor 2 the Movie. Or a book from that movie - not sure.

I only go after 'framers' and this was a framer. It tells a cool story in itself. I like the contrast between the cheering, innocent kindergarteners and the towering death machine.

I should have went higher...

attachicon.gifPAT_Movie_1.jpg

attachicon.gifPAT_Movie_2.jpg

A similar Macross cel would have went for triple...at least... ;)

Why not send it to her.....doesn't hurt to ask...and you'd be saving a lot of money and not worried about it getting ruined by age/environment...

I see the most recent Macross listings on YJ have 8% sales tax being charged on them. That is unfortunate. It would certainly make me reluctant to bid, having that extra expense.

Agreed. The thing is in many states Sellers are required to charge sales tax. So while it is an extra expense, it's no different IMO than buying from a dealer who also charges tax. Perhaps it's just the cost of collecting luxury items?

Yeah that one has been relisted at least half a dozen times with an ever dropping price. It was considerably higher the first time it was listed. I'd talked with the seller at some length when it was first listed. The autograph is on a separate card.

I think it was something like $5k originally. The seller purposely elevated the price because of the Kawamori connection.

Maybe you were thinking of Shawn's collection.....we have many of the same things....the redundancy ensures one of our collections survives in case of a nuclear catastrophe...or the Big One...whichever comes first! ;)

Gulp! Just noticed that was post #666......guess I'll have to add Armageddon to the list!! :blink:

He has more sources than Yahoo Japan. That's why I didn't notice the connection originally. I noticed a lot of his cels are stuck to paper so maybe his sources are the studios? Don't they keep cels stacked with the sketches?