Alien vs. Predator Movie Next August

glane21

YES, YES!! EVERY MOVIE COMING OUT IS GOING TO SUX0R!!!11!!!

I'm beginning to wonder if you guys actually like anything.

I think of myself as quite positive most of the time. Though no doubt its understandable that you might get somewhat annoyed with a few members of the naysayers club after a while. We could always discuss the stuff I do think looks promising, but AVP isn't one of them :)

YES, YES!! EVERY MOVIE COMING OUT IS GOING TO SUX0R!!!11!!!

I'm beginning to wonder if you guys actually like anything.

I like alot of things. What I don't like is Hollyweed (Thanks Abombz) messing with good things just to make a fast buck. That anything they make will be loved and accepted to the 18-35 crowd. So they are just digging up allt eh stuff we liked when we were kdis and teens and turnign them into movies that will suck.

I remember the first time this project was announced some 12 years ago this month. I was excited and couldn't wait and thought the ideas they had then were pretty cool. Alot has changed since then and Hollyweed has changed alot too for the worst. Not much time and effort goes into making "summer blockbuster special effects action" films like they used to. In the past there was at least a decent plot and characters to go with the special effects and actions. This piece of shoe has neither. These days it takes a really great director, writer or any producer who's a big fan of something before it was a film to make it worth anything. It does not seem like this project has any of that either and Paul Anderson is already a step in the wrong direction as a director. The modern day plot idea is enough to show very little thought went into this.

In other words: IT WILL SUCK!

Well at this point we don't really know much about the film. Seems like whenever a movie gets announced there's a race to see who said it sucks first.

Agreed.

I can't seem to recall a single instance on Macrossworld where a movie spoiler is posted and nobody panned it.

Not.

A.

Single.

Instance.

The movie's going to come out whether we like it or not. Listen to a good review source at that time, then vote with your wallet.

The way these new B movie quality "horror films" are being made, Im surprised hollywood hasn't gone under.

Hmm I've got a movie idea.... "The attack of the mutant alien B movies!"

So far every horror film out recently has failed to do what they are supposed to do. Scare people.

Signs, Freddy vs Jason, Like Mike, Jeepers Krapers, Mothman Prophecies, Resident Evil, Glitter, The Ring, that new Halloween movie, Jason X, 28 Days Later, SpyKids...

These all suck!

And I dont mean the "Ugly, stupid-looking monster jumps out and startles ppl once and then stupid arse story follows."

I mean ppl actually getting the crap scared out of them for an hour, and the janitors have to clean it up afterwards. You all know what im talking about. Movies like Aliens, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Night of The Living Dead (black and white version), and Event Horizon.

So far the only scary-looking horror film is the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Why? First of all because it actually happened to someone, and this makes you think of what the victims had to go through, especially since every little gory detail is thrown at you in their full glory.

Second because just looking at the trailer shows you the workmanship(cant think of a better word) of the lighting, camerawork, and direction. The only movies that have ever really SCARED me to the point of frequent, terrible nightmares are probably Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Alien. Most everything else just seems like a B movie. And trust me, I was a pretty screwed up child, the crap I saw as a child, in the shadows in my house, stuff that every child that stays longer than a day in my house sees still, would make most ppl crazy.

Im looking forward to viewing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, soiling my clothes, and not sleeping for a month afterwards. Been too long since I have.

Edited by ulyssesdraco

To be perfectly honest, Max is on to something. But I think the reason we're slamming all these new movies is that the only new movies that get mentioned here are complete crapfests. Dead or Alive the movie? Street Fighter 2 the movie? GI Joe the movie? Either that or we post highly controversial movies, like Reloaded or AOTC. No one bothers to post good solid movies. For example, if I were to start a thread on Cold Harbor, it would zero replies (give yourself a pat on the back if you've heard of this new indie film).

To be perfectly honest, Max is on to something. But I think the reason we're slamming all these new movies is that the only new movies that get mentioned here are complete crapfests. Dead or Alive the movie? Street Fighter 2 the movie? GI Joe the movie? Either that or we post highly controversial movies, like Reloaded or AOTC. No one bothers to post good solid movies. For example, if I were to start a thread on Cold Harbor, it would zero replies (give yourself a pat on the back if you've heard of this new indie film).

I think.... we only do it because we are used to franchise movies sucking. Look at Street Fighter! Look at Double Dragon!

Its not like we bitch about them out no where. <_<

Well, I'd just like to go on the record and say that while I do see a lot of crap movies, it's rare that I'll take an absolute stance and say I'll never go to see such and such a film. Besides, I see crap movies (and I suspect many other people are in the same boat) because of my friends, girlfriends, or family. My friends like to watch a bunch of crap and as a result, I've seen many a film that I have bashed and wouldn't have viewed if it were just me. But friendship requires sacrifice, and so you have me sitting through bad film. So that's why sometimes I'll see films that I bash anyway.

Why are we bitching about the movie? 1- The script sounds like a cheap teen movie. 2- It goes against everything we know about the 2 creatures. 4- Continuity buster. 3- The same guy who did RE is doing this one.

On point 2..... Aliens like warmth. Thats why their lair is so damn hot and thats why they made a nest in the hottest place in the colony. Predators are known to hunt in warm places.... because their biggest prey lives in warm places. Just look at the 2 predator movies.... in the jungle and the other in mid summer LA. Unless they decide to turn the North Pole base into a sauna, I don't see how this movie would make sense.

And what about the continuity? This movie is a major loose screw. This is like that Enterprise episode with the borg frozen on ice. <_<

Whats the only thing to see in this movie? Predators duking it out with Aliens. Thats more then enough to make me go watch this movie at least once. :)

If anybody feels that we've been too hard on poor old Aliens Vs. Predator, then by all means tell us why we're wrong. Tell us something that excites you about this project, whether it's the cast (I read on Dark Horizons that Lance Henrikson is the first to be cast) the characters, the story, or even the talent behind the lens. Please, enlighten us as to why this movie will, in your opinion, kick ass.

It could, but it won't. Projects like this never do. I don't even know of many sci-fi fans who would welcome such a story line, even though they are fans of both franchises/universes...

2) Predators hunt during heatwaves, what the hell would they be doing in Antarctica?

It's interesting that you mention this. There was a short series of Predator comics called "Predator: Cold War" that took place in northern Siberia, IIRC. They were drawn to the heat of an oil refinery, I think. That comic also had "Dutch" from the first movie in it. It was pretty cool.

If anybody feels that we've been too hard on poor old Aliens Vs. Predator, then by all means tell us why we're wrong. Tell us something that excites you about this project, whether it's the cast (I read on Dark Horizons that Lance Henrikson is the first to be cast) the characters, the story, or even the talent behind the lens. Please, enlighten us as to why this movie will, in your opinion, kick ass.

Like I said... the only drive between this movie... is the battle between Aliens and Predators. Don't tell me that ever since you saw the Alien head in the Predator ship in Predator you didn't wish they wouldn't make this cross over. Will the movie suck? Probably. Wait till it comes out on DVD and watch the battle only... thats what I will do. :lol:

I think they said that this movie is not supposed to be part of continuity.

...and is that going to make it any better?

how do I know? I haven't see the movie. :blink:

LOL, yeah I know... My point was, if it is determined they are going to leave it out of the continunity we already know the plot is going to be a whole lot of nothing.

the only drive between this movie... is the battle between Aliens and Predators.

Maybe it's my age talking, or maybe I'm too desensitised by video games, but I don't really get worked up about stuff like this anymore. Sure, I can enjoy by a good "shoot 'em up" film, but I'd get much more excited about something with a good story too. The simple prospect of Aliens and Predators opening a can 'o' whoop ass on each other really does nothing for me without some kind of story context. If the two species beating on each other was all the fans wanted to see, then I could probably entertain them with a little AvP puppet show. :D

the only drive between this movie... is the battle between Aliens and Predators.

Maybe it's my age talking, or maybe I'm too desensitised by video games, but I don't really get worked up about stuff like this anymore. Sure, I can enjoy by a good "shoot 'em up" film, but I'd get much more excited about something with a good story too. The simple prospect of Aliens and Predators opening a can 'o' whoop ass on each other really does nothing for me without some kind of story context. If the two species beating on each other was all the fans wanted to see, then I could probably entertain them with a little AvP puppet show. :D

You are old.... old man. <_< B) :p

This movie hasn't even hit production...and most of you are already bashing it. ...Is this the cool thing to do or something? Nock movies down before they even hit production?! ...Anything is possible, it could be a really good movie, it could be a really shitty one, or it could be in between. Don't suppose you all could wait till the movie was actually out in theaters before you guys started bashing it? For that matter, any other movie coming out that's in production...or hasn't even begun production? ...Nah...that's probably too hard to do.... Gotta be cool and all...or some BS! $$$

Edited by Oihan

I'm guessing this movie hasn't even hit production...and most of you are already bashing it.

If you re-read the thread, most of us have been quite clear and lucid about why we are not thrilled about this movie. Would you prefer us to mindlessly post replies like "OMFG, Aliens versus Predator will be the bestest thing ever!!11" Like I said, it will take more than a simple "Punch & Judy" meeting of two franchises to get me into the theater. I'm not excited by the prospect of Paul Anderson directing, and the story and character summaries have been lackluster at best.

I've already left an open challenge on the previous page for AvP defenders to tell us why this movie will "own." You are right on one point; it's really too early to tell what the final product will be. But the initial signs do not point to a blockbuster.

I'm guessing this movie hasn't even hit production...and most of you are already bashing it.

If you re-read the thread, most of us have been quite clear and lucid about why we are not thrilled about this movie. Would you prefer us to mindlessly post replies like "OMFG, Aliens versus Predator will be the bestest thing ever!!11" Like I said, it will take more than a simple "Punch & Judy" meeting of two franchises to get me into the theater. I'm not excited by the prospect of Paul Anderson directing, and the story and character summaries have been lackluster at best.

I've already left an open challenge on the previous page for AvP defenders to tell us why this movie will "own." You are right on one point; it's really too early to tell what the final product will be. But the initial signs do not point to a blockbuster.

We cannot tell why it will own because we haven't seen the movie yet. Just like you can't tell it will suck.

Right now, we really don't know much at all.

Its like the Catwoman thread. People are basing whether or not the movie will suck on a costume shot.

We cannot tell why it will own because we haven't seen the movie yet. Just like you can't tell it will suck.

You're right, I can't tell. That's what seperates "Fact" from "Opinion." It is my "opinion" that there is little of interest in what we know so far about this film. It is my "opinion" that the talent attached to this film has a lackluster track record at best. But it is a "fact" that I have seen a lot of movies, and know better than to blindly get my hopes up every time a new SF film comes out.

Right now, we really don't know much at all.

Man, did you read the movie's plot? If you did can you make sense of how this will fit into the Alien movies continuity? If you can please tell me because despite all the comics, games and other spinoffs from the movies I've seen, they don't connect with this plot.

Its like the Catwoman thread. People are basing whether or not the movie will suck on a costume shot.

Ok, now I know you didn't read most of that thread. Many were actually criticizing Halle's acting ability and just how bad the outfit looked. Not the film itself. Very few actually bashed the film right off.