Guilty Pleasure movies

Far too many to list, but here a few of my top guilty pleasures: Cube, Tremors, PCU, Super Troopers, Last Starfighter, Wing Commander, Behind Enemy Line. I know, nothing great, but I like them, they are fun.

As bad as it is, I enjoy watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. It's like a train wreck you cannot avoid watching.

However, my favorite all-time bad movie to watch is Battle Beyond the Stars, a really bad Roger Corman film starring a young Richard Thomas as the hero who flies around in a spaceship which has breasts. Cheesiest movie I've seen, but definitely good cheese.

Armageddon, hands down. But it's only because that's the damn best footage of a night shuttle launch you'll ever get, even if they replace the Atlantis with the X-71 (I cried with joy when I found out that the teaser on the dvd had the actual launch footage unmodified - too bad they didn't clean it up as the movie itself :angry: )

What, no one has said "Clash of the Bionoids" yet!? LOL!

Anyway, I watch and enjoy all the cheesy "gigantic/mutated/totally f***ed-up, pissed-off, and hungry creature" movies. They're always good for several laughs. "Eight-legged Freaks", "Deep Rising", "Lake Placid", even "Anaconda" are all my kind of crap. Basically, if some kind of monster is eating people, I'll give it a look.

Shaolin Soccer.If you haven't seen it YOU MUST!

post-2604-1123381917.jpg

Edited by Chas

Armageddon, hands down. But it's only because that's the damn best footage of a night shuttle launch you'll ever get, even if they replace the Atlantis with the X-71 (I cried with joy when I found out that the teaser on the dvd had the actual launch footage unmodified - too bad they didn't clean it up as the movie itself  :angry: )

318052[/snapback]

What the DVD has the unaltered launch footage, man now I may actually have to buy it. Of course it is a fun movie, with some total hotties, just really bad science.

Armageddon, hands down. But it's only because that's the damn best footage of a night shuttle launch you'll ever get, even if they replace the Atlantis with the X-71 (I cried with joy when I found out that the teaser on the dvd had the actual launch footage unmodified - too bad they didn't clean it up as the movie itself  :angry: )

318052[/snapback]

What the DVD has the unaltered launch footage, man now I may actually have to buy it. Of course it is a fun movie, with some total hotties, just really bad science.

318072[/snapback]

Naaw, it's only for the teaser trailer they got as an extra there. 10 seconds at most, no featurette or anything (that's what actually angried me the most - no "We shoot actual space shuttle footage" documental or "Visual effects magic on NASA hardware" thing). I'll let you know anything more when I get the Collector Edition or something :rolleyes:

Starship Troopers, Comando, The Punisher (the latest one), Batman and Robin, Underworld. Those are just the ones that I can think of off the otp of my head, I think getting a degree in Film has just made me apreciate bad movies that much more.

However, my favorite all-time bad movie to watch is Battle Beyond the Stars, a really bad Roger Corman film starring a young Richard Thomas as the hero who flies around in a spaceship which has breasts. Cheesiest movie I've seen, but definitely good cheese.

318051[/snapback]

I love Battle Beyond the Stars, cheesy as hell!

Other REALLY cheesy movies that i LOVE watching........

1. Flash Gordon (1980)

2. Barbarella (60's Jane Fonda flic)

Here's my list:

Battle Beyond the Stars (EXCELLENT Opening Theme! :3)

Critters 1-4 (Love the first one. The end credits theme ROCKS!! :3)

Ghosts of Mars

Rat Race

Total Reality

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III

The Blob (1988)

The Fly II (1989)

Super Mario Bros. The Movie

Macross II: Lover's Again

Macross Plus

Planet of the Dinosaurs

The 3 Worlds of Gulliver

Voltage Fighters

Tenchi Muyo! The Movie

Sonic OVA

Guyver OVA

Guyver Movie 1-2

Virus

Supernova

Sphere

Here's a list of kids movies that also fit the same category:

Prehysteria! 1-3

Alien Arsenal

Warriors of Virtue

The Kingdom Under the Sink

The Shunken Kingdom

Josh Kirby, Time Warrior

Adventures in Dinosaur City

The Clockmaker

Jack and the Beanstalk

Dinotopia

Edited by CaptRico

Harold and Kumar go to white castle

God I Feel ashamed even admitting this  :unsure:

318060[/snapback]

I just saw this movie the other night on cable and laughed my ass off because it was so stupid. The Neil Patrick Harris part was great. And since I've seen this movie, it has made me want to road trip to Jersey so I can actually eat at a White Castle, something I have not done since I was a kid. The closest one to me is just under 200 miles in New Brunswick.