MPC Valks- who else has removed batteries

Chuckd1970

I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was a good idea to remove the batteries from these toys. Iwas paranoid about battery leakage over time since these toys are being stored. Or am I the only one?

317656[/snapback]

It is a good idea to remove them but I havent removed mine.

What batteries are these??

317712[/snapback]

The toynami VF-1 Masterpiece series have the eyes light up when you flipped the black switch on (near the nose of the VF). There is a small battery compartment for the light use as the powersource.

I took out the battery and then I threw it against the wall... then the store owner called the cops, so I ran out.

317700[/snapback]

:D That would make a great Penny Arcarde comic strip.

I actually can't remember if mine are in or out.. it's been that long since I touched it. I guess if one day I see a brown corrosive puddle underneath it, then it's still in there. I did get a good laugh the one time I turned on the light.

I took out the battery and then I threw it against the wall... then the store owner called the cops, so I ran out.

317700[/snapback]

throw it against the wall and then remove battery :rolleyes: .

seriously though... I don't believe the circuit is engaged until you pull the little plastic strip out and as such a battery/button cell should never leak as there is no chemical reaction without a complete circuit... which is why you find exploded batteries in old radios and not old unopened packages.

guess it depends on how long your gonna store it and in what condition. If you have it sealed MIB then don't bother opening it just to pull a battery. If you however have played with it [and it is still unbroken] and your gonna put it back in it's box for the next decade, pull the battery and put it in a dime bag ziplock taped to the inside of the box... so you can still sell it as complete but if the battery goes nothing is harmed... just a dirty plastic bag

reminds me I should check out my fokker as I got that one used and the guy I got it from has a habit of being less than intelligent at moments

If you're not going to use the feature for a lonmg time, it's almost mandatory that you do, otherwise the batteries will leak.

317700[/snapback]

Man you are brave or incredibly insane. :D