What ever happen to?

• 2 weeks later...
The one problem I had with VF5SS is that he got all bitchy and whiney when some people used some of his sprites to make fanwork derivatives of his strips.

That was pretty lame.

317895[/snapback]

I love you too, guys.

356945[/snapback]

What 5ss's problem was not that people were using his stuff, but they made it look like his, except when they did it, it was stupid. Letting someone screw with your graphics is one thing, letting someone bastardize your work by creating lame versions of it is something else.

I'm reading this thread and I think, "is it better to burn out or fade away..."

Did I even get that quote right?

The quote is "IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN TO FADE AWAY!" WATCH YOUR HIGHLANDER MAN! Although I think you get the award for Longest Used Avatar - you still have that generic Bruce pic the board has pre-loaded. I don't think even Shawn has had his for that long! :blink:

Ah, those where the good ol' days when we an make our own member titles. I dont even know what mine means anymore.

Yeah, you can still do that I think, but the ones Shawn or whomever came up with I find more amusing. I think I had "Listen to MY song!" or that was one of the ones I asked for an opinion on.

The people I miss - SuperOstrich, he was a cool guy. It seems like moder-dom is instant death for most MWers. SkullOne, he was AgentOne before Major Focker even started posting much less actually AgentOne. Sometimes he just got a little too carried away and the mods got tired of it. Lebhead, another good guy, but then he started his Protoculture board and apparently stopped hanging around us to be with THE COOL KIDS?! :angry: I think the best poster I miss though is Opus - the dude was making the first ever retail Robotech game!! He's the reason why most of us bought a N64, but because he was only working on it with like 3 other guys (screw GameTek :angry: ) it never happened.

Okay, now that I'm done with those losers, now on to the thing I REALLY miss - I know all you vet members remember The Longest Thread. I, and I know many of you as well, use MW as a place to goof off a little, and that was just the place to do it. How big did the thing get, like 300 pages? It was at least a page a day. But I think the mods got tired of problems that arouse so it was axed. :(

good old capt kramer :lol: . I heard from him not that long ago... I should see what he's up to... I think he still owes me something :rolleyes:

nope... I was supposed to track down something for him :blink:

Last pm I got from him was Jun 12 2005... I think I'm a little slow getting him the sword he wanted :lol:

Edited by kanata67

good old capt kramer :lol: . I heard from him not that long ago... I should see what he's up to... I think he still owes me something :rolleyes:

nope... I was supposed to track down something for him  :blink:

Last pm I got from him was Jun 12 2005... I think I'm a little slow getting him the sword he wanted :lol:

360085[/snapback]

I heard he died in a horrible lemur milking accident. :unsure:

360085[/snapback]

360134[/snapback]

:lol::lol:

hey... thats chilly willy and not opus?!?!? WTF?

360085[/snapback]

360134[/snapback]

360159[/snapback]

Dude, didn't you know? Chilly Willy IS Opus reincarnated. :p:lol:

360085[/snapback]

360134[/snapback]

360159[/snapback]

360163[/snapback]

opus came later... I'd believe opus was chilly on the lamb fleeing the falklands after lyposuction and a nose job first :lol:

360085[/snapback]

360134[/snapback]

360159[/snapback]

360163[/snapback]

opus came later... I'd believe opus was chilly on the lamb fleeing the falklands after lyposuction and a nose job first :lol:

360167[/snapback]

I too theorize that Opus and Chilly Willy are one and the same. It's a scientifically proven fact that unlike asian people, penguins don't age well.

It was just the name. One of those things that I can't stop laughing aloud at in the middle of church, sex, funerals, etc..