What ever happen to?

what ever happened to jerry tsai from VF1X.com? did he just get sucked into the world of the real people never to return? i know he had a custom car business,but did focusing on that cause him to loose interest in macross?

also,i recently hung out with old-school'er chris barretta (codam23) at the last 2 otakons in baltimore.met him by asking about a gundam model he entered into the contest there & soon realized who i was talking too.i burst out-"dude,i used to buy tons of your resin heads & goodies!"

he's super-cool to hang with at cons :)

Edited by valkyrietestpilot

hey who was that younger old school member that was obsessed with monsters? he didn't even like the valks,just heavy stuff like the konig monster.he was funny as hell that youngster.i wanna say his user name had "ben" in the title maybe....damn,that's gonna bug the hell out of me..

i wish we saw more of jung too.i always enjoyed following his projects. :)

Edited by valkyrietestpilot

hey who was that younger old school member that was obsessed with monsters? he didn't even like the valks,just heavy stuff like the konig monster.he was funny as hell that youngster.i wanna say his user name had "ben" in the title maybe....damn,that's gonna bug the hell out of me..

i wish we saw more of jung too.i always enjoyed following his projects. :)

335497[/snapback]

Was that destroids rage or something like that? I must be getting old because i can't remember things.

Where the hell is Ewelin?  He was the smartest guy around.

336355[/snapback]

Hey! Now that's a good question! He really does seem to be one of the brighter bulbs around here. It would be a shame if he's been lost.

H

Well, he needs to come back.

336464[/snapback]

He was here a few months back. I forget if he was moving. I'll shoot him an email. I try to buy a matsu off him every few months and it's about time :rolleyes:

I actually know Ewelin. He, his wife, my GF and I have been to a couple of movies together. He is the kind of guy I really like to hang out with, however he often scolds me for being a bully on the site. I actually partially blame myself for him being not around so much, I think I have a tendancy to create a more hostile environment at times and this buggs him. I don't feel like I am a bully, but I can see how some others could see it that way, I will email him tomorow and try to get him to come around.

I don't feel like I am a bully, but I can see how some others could see it that way, I will email him tomorow and try to get him to come around.

336502[/snapback]

Awww. We all know that, deep down inside, you're a really nice guy. That's so nice of you. :D

Hey, guys, still alive. And AgentONE is indeed a nice guy. I can say that now because his cover's already been blown.

Actually, with MZero over and toy releases down to a trickle (especially since I'm not a massive 1/48 freak), plus going "cold turkey" during a couple trips, it was easy to get lured away by other interests...not to mention work.

I really appreciate all the flattering stuff y'all said about me, though. More, more!

(Also: I read a bit of the "nice" M7 thread--some interesting stuff there.)

Hey, guys, still alive. And AgentONE is indeed a nice guy. I can say that now because his cover's already been blown.

Actually, with MZero over and toy releases down to a trickle (especially since I'm not a massive 1/48 freak), plus going "cold turkey" during a couple trips, it was easy to get lured away by other interests...not to mention work.

I really appreciate all the flattering stuff y'all said about me, though. More, more!

336550[/snapback]

soooooooo..... how about that matsu? :rolleyes:

336550[/snapback]

soooooooo..... how about that matsu? :rolleyes:

336634[/snapback]

PM coming your way...

I saw Yoshi on Friday. He was more concern by the studies the last years. But he told me he will ever be a macross fan :D

He just sold his last Macross items the last month here and on ebay (having some valks everywhere at home like a lot of us, is not always possible with the professional life (and the wife too !!!). I am sure he will come back a day cos he keeps a really good record of the beginning of the forum.

(note : my avatar is a girl but I am a real man, you know !!! ;) )

who was the guy that posted all that for sake of a better word gay valk stuff (pink),,,comets or something, Glad Katana67 has been back and dressed up in a new house,,,,better still have your camaro man

336884[/snapback]

i fear she will be on ebay soon. I love her to much to let her slowly deteriorate while I ignore her as there is always something else that need doing. Bought a house so I could fix her up and spend all my time on the house :( . Ohhh... to be rich... or at least on "pimp my ride". Don't suppose you need a 67 pfunk... I'd love to be able to keep track of it.... maybe even buy her back after a few years :rolleyes: . A man can dream.

who was the guy that posted all that for sake of a better word gay valk stuff (pink),,,comets or something, Glad Katana67 has been back and dressed up in a new house,,,,better still have your camaro man

336884[/snapback]

i fear she will be on ebay soon. I love her to much to let her slowly deteriorate while I ignore her as there is always something else that need doing. Bought a house so I could fix her up and spend all my time on the house :( . Ohhh... to be rich... or at least on "pimp my ride". Don't suppose you need a 67 pfunk... I'd love to be able to keep track of it.... maybe even buy her back after a few years :rolleyes: . A man can dream.

337072[/snapback]

Im in the whole, gotta car to work on, but the house takes presidence deal myself,,,,maybe Ill take some pics of my bosses 67 rs/ss convertable, get ya to keep it around longer ;)

I saw Yoshi on Friday. He was more concern by the studies the last years. But he told me he will ever be a macross fan  :D

He just sold his last Macross items the last month here and on ebay (having some valks everywhere at home like a lot of us, is not always possible with the professional life (and the wife too !!!). I am sure he will come back a day cos he keeps a really good record of the beginning of the forum.

(note : my avatar is a girl but I am a real man, you know !!! ;) )

336958[/snapback]

Really?? Where did you see him? You mean he is no longer in Japan?

Ah, well... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

337072[/snapback]

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard a sob story about some guy who had a cool car but sold it because of whatever, and now he's all broken up and whatnot....

Don't do it, you'll probably regret it later...

337072[/snapback]

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard a sob story about some guy who had a cool car but sold it because of whatever, and now he's all broken up and whatnot....

Don't do it, you'll probably regret it later...

344676[/snapback]

regrets for parting with her, or self-loathing because she falls apart in my yard...

I guess I love her enough to part with her and have her go to a better home... sniff

When it comes to old cars they are a handful. I almost sold my camaro several times when money was tight but my luck held out and I kept it... Much like good women classic cars are "better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all". If you have to sell, you have to sell.

Back on topic... what happened to MGREXX? Did coming under the watchful eye of the overlords scare him off?

When it comes to old cars they are a handful. I almost sold my camaro several times when money was tight but my luck held out and I kept it... Much like good women classic cars are "better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all". If you have to sell, you have to sell.

Back on topic... what happened to MGREXX? Did coming under the watchful eye of the overlords scare him off?

344716[/snapback]

he's so smart, he became self aware and imploded