Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

i'd say i've been so decultured by macross for about 25 years that i might leave my spouse if she'd threaten to deprive me of this part of my childhood, hehe.

Now that is a true Macross lover! Not every married man could do what you would have done lol

I protest this thread merge. Why not combine every thread that says 1/48 scale? The thread I started was specific to 1/55 scale valkyries, not general Macross toys. Please de-merge this.

Now now...... quit hating because I initially wanted to unite ALL the old school cats with their vintage Macross toys. After all, it is ALL old school Macross toys.

Welcome to MW and enjoy.... :)

Edited by Agent-GHQ

here's my ¥200 to add to the pot.

while i actually have three incomplete TF JETFIREs that i've had around since the very early 2000's,

(one that i customed into a Focker 1S, one i left as an original JETFIRE, and the last i picked up cheaply for replacement parts for my 1S customization)

these days, my 1985 BANDAI 1/72 HCM VF-1J is the only vintage VF-1 toy i really care to own, let alone show off;

**** (( while i was merely around four years of age when this baby hit market in it's day, by 1989ish or thereabouts, i received

a very poorly painted/finished copy of the REVELL/CEIJI ROBOTECH CHANGERS "VEXAR" version of the original 1983 IMAI 1/72 Focker VF-1S VARIABLE TYPE

from a nephew, which was my very first experience with a MACROSS VF, and left an unquestionably potent impression upon me back then.

since this HCM is essentially a highly refined, near-perfect transformation variation

of the old IMAI model kit, with refinements of some of the better 1/55 design elements thrown in for good measure,

i consider this toy-like model to be THE quintessential vintage MACROSS VF toy, and very deeply sentimental on a personal level...)) ****

HCMVF-1JJOHN7-13-111.jpg

HCMVF-1JJOHN7-13-112.jpg

HCMVF-1JJOHN7-13-113.jpg

HCMVF-1JJOHN7-13-114.jpg

HCMVF-1JJOHN7-13-115.jpg

HCMVF-1JJOHN7-13-116.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-116.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-117.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-118.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-111.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-112.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-113.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-1113.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

Today is a good day... I finally got a Strike Valkyrie.

strike1.jpg

I've been wanting one of these for years and now it is mine.

strike2.jpg

Figure and armor are near mint.

Box is a bit rough but complete with instructions, untouched sticker sheet, Minmai figure, heat shield and wing missiles all still in bag, Gun with clip and all ammunition still on sprue and it even has the Bandai Hi-metal mail-away stat card.

Edited by Luclin999

Congratulations. Take care of your lovely gem.

I remember fond (or horrific) memories of my first new StrikeValkyrie, I owned back in the eighties. Since I had no idea of what Macross was at the time, I hacked the Armour to make special jet packs and mini-vehicles for my GI Joes. If I only new then of what I know now, I would have kicked myself in the arse for even thinking of taking a screwdriver and "Crazy Glue" to the armour. But hey at least my Joe were happy. ^_^

Lucky for the valk it only suffered a minor Jetfire-esque paint job, with magic markers and white out. :wacko:

Who could blame me at the time.

I was only a kid.

:rolleyes:

I remember fond (or horrific) memories of my first new StrikeValkyrie, I owned back in the eighties. Since I had no idea of what Macross was at the time, I hacked the Armour to make special jet packs and mini-vehicles for my GI Joes. If I only new then of what I know now, I would have kicked myself in the arse for even thinking of taking a screwdriver and "Crazy Glue" to the armour. But hey at least my Joe were happy. ^_^

Lucky for the valk it only suffered a minor Jetfire-esque paint job, with magic markers and white out. :wacko:

Who could blame me at the time.

I was only a kid.

:rolleyes:

I think after reading that I'll be having nightmares tonight...

;)

(goes to lock up all of the white out and magic markers in the house....)

Edited by Luclin999

• 2 years later...

I found this little guy in a box last week. Note how awesome the fighter mode is.

Of course, I had to put him on the shelf with the other 2 cute little VF-1's.

Can you please or someone on here please tell me what type of version this valk is where the back pack stays up in fighter. My older brother (who passed away) traded someone on the playground when we were younger for one of these and he gave it to me for my birthday when I was 6. I have no idea what happened to it, but with all the high end valks I own, the best memory I have is swooshing this one in the picture around when I was a kid. If you know what it is, please let me know.

Could it be the version of the Takatoku Henkei VF-1 release that was made as part of the Convertors line that included super parts? I don't have a picture handy... maybe I can find one....

Check out this link:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1535

It looks the regular releases also had the backpack up at all times.

Edited by jenius

Can you please or someone on here please tell me what type of version this valk is where the back pack stays up in fighter. My older brother (who passed away) traded someone on the playground when we were younger for one of these and he gave it to me for my birthday when I was 6. I have no idea what happened to it, but with all the high end valks I own, the best memory I have is swooshing this one in the picture around when I was a kid. If you know what it is, please let me know.

gallery_12176_633_61159.jpg

gallery_12176_633_78596.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

Its the one in Kelsain's post above. I was hoping someone could identify it by the pic he posted. I should have been clearer. If you know what it is please let me know. Thanks everyone for trying so far.

I think jvmacross may have posted a pic of it in the box. Is that correct jv?

Its the one in Kelsain's post above. I was hoping someone could identify it by the pic he posted. I should have been clearer. If you know what it is please let me know. Thanks everyone for trying so far.I think jvmacross may have posted a pic of it in the box. Is that correct jv?

Yes...it is either an original Takatoku Henkei or a nice knockoff.....or maybe one sold as a Convertor by Select toys....

If you want to relive your youth....check out ebay...there always seem to be knockoffs available....

If you want an original Takatoku....it will be tougher to find and much more expensive....of the non-Takatoku produced henkei valks...the Zardak will set you back 50-100 USD depending on condition....

Oh, those are absolutely beautiful, sir! Congratulations!!!!

gallery_12176_633_151456.jpg

He might have gotten the CONVERTORS versions, released in the US from repackaged old Takatoku stock (and later recolored and shot from Takatoku's molds). There were piles of knockoffs of them as well, available at discount dollar stores or wherever cheap Transformers-craze toys were sold. I've got about a dozen of them in various formats and editions. (No original Takatoku boxed ones, though.)

Does anyone know who produced the box art for the old Takatoku toys? I know that they are based on line art that has been used across a variety of different licensed products, but the distinctive shading and coloring of the VF-1 art that appeared on the Takatoku boxes was always my favorite rendering.

On 2/4/2014 at 2:40 PM, SuperSenpai said:

Does anyone know who produced the box art for the old Takatoku toys? I know that they are based on line art that has been used across a variety of different licensed products, but the distinctive shading and coloring of the VF-1 art that appeared on the Takatoku boxes was always my favorite rendering.

Toshimitsu Suzuki....here is the one used for the SDF-1 toy line in all scales as far as I know.....even the pics in cruiser mode are Suzuki I believe....

gallery_12176_633_113197.jpg

gallery_12176_640_39210.jpg

Would be interesting to know why Takatoku did not opt for Takani's rendition (which was used by Arii for their 1/5000 kit)...perhaps it was not ready at the time the SDF-1 packaging was needed for the first toy run?....then just kept it for the rest of the line?

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/arii/ar303-20-box.jpg

........here is tenjin's take on the TV SDF-1....style look familiar?

c76e5f3f3f510ef9f3f03ec4f86fe504.jpg

:)

Edited by jvmacross

gallery_12176_633_61159.jpg

gallery_12176_633_78596.jpg

Oh wow!

I had those when I was a kid! There was a CF version, too.

IIRC, They were darn cheap back then.

They were nice only inside the box, tho. And iirc, you can only transform them once before all hell broke loose. Literally.

But they were darn affordable for just about any regular non-rich kids!

:D