Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

I have just one (out of box) Takatoku VF-1J in my collection of Chunkies. A problem I need to address as the Takatoku/Bandai 1/55th line has always been my sentimental favorite series as seen by my collection...

1 VF-1J Takatoku (Hikaru)

1 VF-1J Bandai (Hikaru)

1 VF-1J Bandai (Miria)

1 VF-1A Bandai (Production)

2 VF-1S Bandai (Roy)

1 VF-1S Bandai Strike (Hikaru)

1 VF-1S Bandai Super (Hikaru)

1 VF-1A Bandai Super (Max)

1 VF-1J Joons (Max)

1 VF-1J Joons (Miria)

1 VF-1J Joons (Hikaru)

1 VF-1J Joons (Clown-bot)

...and five Bandai Jetfire figures scattered here and there.

Edited by Luclin999

I only owned one, a VF-1S. I still got it, although I had to replace my gunpod, clip and missiles because my mom threw out the Takatoku box where I had all of that stuff stored in. Freaking parents, man...

That Angel Birds Joon's Valk brings back memories. Many a good ones. Pretty to look at and all. I remember when those were just about all that were available for the larger lines. I love what's out there now, but it's nice to look back every now-and-again.

Nice guys!

I actually find knock-offs really interesting as well (my first valkyrie was a red, white, and blue Joons).

What company did the super red Miriya?

My Red Miriya Super is actually a red Joons VF-1J that I paired up with a set of Jetfire's armor that does not have the Transformers/autobot symbols applied to it. The armor works very well on that figure. One of these days I'll probably pick up another set of Jetfire armor to go on my Bandai Miriya as well.

That Angel Birds Joon's Valk brings back memories. Many a good ones. Pretty to look at and all. I remember when those were just about all that were available for the larger lines. I love what's out there now, but it's nice to look back every now-and-again.

Yeah, Joons are neat little toys, and I really like the look of the red, white and blue as well!

I'm too young to have ever owned a legit 1/55; by the time I found out that such things even existed I Yamato's where already on the market. The closest I've ever been to owning one is a hilarious $1 china town bootleg.

I'm too young to have ever owned a legit 1/55; by the time I found out that such things even existed I Yamato's where already on the market. The closest I've ever been to owning one is a hilarious $1 china town bootleg.

Do u have a pic of the bootleg? I'd totally love to see it! Post in the 'Please post a 1/55 pic' thread if ur able. :)

Do u have a pic of the bootleg? I'd totally love to see it! Post in the 'Please post a 1/55 pic' thread if ur able. :)

unfortunately I ended up throwing it out after the legs and arms broke off. But it was just like the one on this guys blog:

http://dennis-toys.blogspot.com/2009/01/replica-155-vf-1s.html

I had the white VF-1S with the card art copied from the 1990 bandai reissue.

OMGs that's totally hilarious.

Owning a Takatoku for me has been a totally awesome experience; to have the toy that started everything is like owning a founding piece of Macross history. It's definitely the flagship of my collection, and a must for any collector IMHO.

Edited by drkstar00

unfortunately I ended up throwing it out after the legs and arms broke off. But it was just like the one on this guys blog:

http://dennis-toys.b...-155-vf-1s.html

I had the white VF-1S with the card art copied from the 1990 bandai reissue.

I bought a couple of those.

I customized one of them into a VF-1S Max type just for kicks.

Custom-test-1.jpg

Custom-test-2.jpg

I only owned one, a VF-1S. I still got it, although I had to replace my gunpod, clip and missiles because my mom threw out the Takatoku box where I had all of that stuff stored in. Freaking parents, man...

i actually owned a VF-1A hikky from takatoku too when i was a child, broken it's arm, landing gear spring mechanism, but it's lost when i reached my teens, never knowing its value...

Heh, I think asking that question on this website is a little like asking fish is they swim.

Probably easier to ask who hasn't owned a Takatoku.............LOL!

Graham

so yes, i'd say i owned a takatoku chunky monkey before. now i've happily replaced it with a bandai reissued VF-1S roy valk although it's not the original takatoku, but somewhat a refreshed version with improvements.

I don't see the problem with the merge. 99% of the pics in this thread are of the 1/55s and their related knock-offs anyway so people posting pics into this thread will likely keep posting the 1/55s anyway.

Also, now it's easier for you to see the ones people have posted in the past as well.

While we're on the subject of merging threads, could we merge the two "Favorites" threads as well? They are nearly identical.

I was in 12th grade (1995 mind you) when I learned of an old Japanese antique toy shop in Emeryville, Cali. Upon my arrival in Kimino My House, my jaw dropped to the floor as I see a wall full of vintage Macross Takatoku Toys 1/55. I knew what I had to do, so I got a job working at Mc Donald's so that I can afford a vintage Takatoku Toys. At the time, the prices were $300- for a stand alone and $500- for the Super set or GBP set.

Here's what I have so far from my vintage Macross collection. And even though Yamato has superior engineering over a Takatoku and Bandai, they will forever be a part of my great childhood memories.

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01951.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

And even though Yamato has superior engineering over a Takatoku and Bandai, they will forever be a part of my great childhood memories.

couldn't agree more with you, agent-ghq. chunkies are an irreplaceable part of our childhood that some couldn't apprehend. transformers got me into transforming robots, but "kaboom" came macross with TRIPLE-transforming robots from jet fighters when we were already exposed to real-world jet fighters. i'd say i've been so decultured by macross for about 25 years that i might leave my spouse if she'd threaten to deprive me of this part of my childhood, hehe.