Final Fantasy 7-2 ?!

Black Valkyrie

Awww, Cloud looks too much like Tidus. :angry:

Funny I always thought Tidus looked like Cloud and Squall had a kid lol.

I liked FF7 when it was out. I think its probably the only FF game I like. The NES and SNES games I never liked and the rest of the FF games for the PS1/PS2 suck.

I used to love Square games but they haven't released anything good since Xenogears or Vagrant Stroy IMO.

If there is any game that deserves a rerelease with a graphics update its Xenogears. I love it the way it is but I'd be happy for update graphics if only to grab the attention of new fans and those that things graphics are everything.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of my favorite FF games so I'll try to get my hands on this if its just a movie. He's hoping Square-Enix has common sense to release it outside of Japan.

Question. Does anyone know if Square-Enix has said that they'll include the ending of Final Fantasy X - International to FFX-2? Reason I ask is that, that ending setups up FFX-2 and I don't believe it was in the original FFX release.

oooo, I like that. I will definitly get my hands on this piece of dvd when it comes out. I also heard that square is planning on re-releasing final fantasy 7 and 8 for the ps2. Now that's something I'd definitly buy again, eventhough I have the original ones on the ps1. Funny thing is I still haven't beat 7 and 8, and I skipped 9, but I did finish 10. Can't wait for X-2! :p:D:lol:

If there is any game that deserves a rerelease with a graphics update its Xenogears. I love it the way it is but I'd be happy for update graphics if only to grab the attention of new fans and those that things graphics are everything.

I hear you on that, not only a re-make but I'd love for Yamato to make figures of the Gears. Wouldn't mind having a 1/60 El Regris...

oooo, I like that. I will definitly get my hands on this piece of dvd when it comes out. I also heard that square is planning on re-releasing final fantasy 7 and 8 for the ps2. Now that's something I'd definitly buy again, eventhough I have the original ones on the ps1. Funny thing is I still haven't beat 7 and 8, and I skipped 9, but I did finish 10. Can't wait for X-2! :p:D:lol:

I heard about the re-releases of 7 and 8 but I also heard they were shelved indefinatly after the movie bombed. I also heard there was a game version of VII-2 but I guess that turned out to be the DVD.

I heard about the re-releases of 7 and 8 but I also heard they were shelved indefinatly after the movie bombed. I also heard there was a game version of VII-2 but I guess that turned out to be the DVD.

lemme get this straight... they shelved the remakes of two perfectly good games after the movie bombed, only to make *another* movie? That doesn't sound right somehow...

Dunno about anybody else, but my knee-jerk reaction to seeing the title of this post was: FFVII - Spice Girls style?!?!?!

Well not FFX type of graphics. Keep the characters the same size and everything, just make things more detailed or sharper. Have things look smoother. More detaied FMVs would be cool as well but they were the fine the way they were. Of course the music needs to stay the same. :D

There's been a lot of rumors lately about a FF7-2, but I think they were mostly debunked.

Here's a quote from Video-Fenky, from Sep. 16th:

I don't have anything in particular to write today, so just one note.

About 7... it seems that it's not "7-2" or any kind of sequel.

The platform and content is...

Well, please hold on until there's an official announcement. When I first heard about it, I couldn't help but actually say "Whoa!" out loud. I'd imagine some people will be surprised, and some people will be like "So that's what they're doing with FF"...

(Who knows for sure, though...)

* Please keep in mind (this is important!) that this is still a rumor, or at the very least unofficial information.

So, what to speculate? An Xbox port? Naa... MS has enough decent RPGs already, especially considering the upcoming Jade wossname. A Cube port? Naa... The honeymoon's already over with that console, I'd say. A PS2 remake in the Wild Arms Alter Code: F style? I'd say so. The safest route, you'd say.

Either way, I'm sure all will be revealed this weekend at TGS.

You guys do realize xenogears is already in the process of being renewed? Mind you Xenosaga part 1 is an early prequel/remake, but the series will continue on through & past the events of Xenogears (again, be it revised or otherwise). Of course I hate the design style change for Xenosaga part 2, what the hell were they thinking? Though now that I see these FFVII-2 designs, they the Xenosaga prt2 ones don't look so bad.

I remembered reading about this in some magazines or articles that the creator of Final Fantasy actually wants to make CG movies. In fact, that is one of his dreams :)

It's not bad to try out making CG movies. Squaresoft started it with the intro of Final Fantasy the Movie. Although it is not really widely accepted, but it is a first move and Squaresoft can find out the pros and cons of it. I just saw the CG movie of Animatrix, which I think it is pretty cool.

But with this FF VII movie, I am not really convinced :huh:

About Final Fantasy VII part 2, well, here's a little spoiler from the end of Final Fantasy VII:

EVERYONE FREAKIN' DIED! THEY'RE NOT COMING BACK! THEY WERE ABSORBED INTO THE FREAKING LIFE STREAM! GONE! TRANSCENDED, IF YOU WILL! NO LONGER WALKING THE FACE OF THE PLANET! THIS WAS EXPLAINED FULLY IN THE DIALOGUE THROUGHOUT THE GAME! WHY DOES NO ONE REALIZE THIS!? THAT WACKY FLOATING GUY EXPLAINS EXACTLY WHAT HOYL WILL DO, THAT BEING THE ELIMINATION OF ALL HUMAN LIFE, WHICH IS WHY IT SPED UP METEOR INSTEAD OF DEFLECTING IT! AERITH WISHED FOR A HAPPY ENDING, SO EVERYONE WAS TAKEN TO THE PROMISED LAND BY THE LIFE STREAM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T GET IT YET THE PROMISED LAND IS NOT A PHYSICAL PLACE! IT WAS A HAPPY WAY OF SAYING THEY GOT INTO HEAVEN AND WHERE ALL HAPPY, BUT STILL FREAKIN' GONE! THERE WERE NO HUMANS LEFT ON THE PLANET AFTERWARDS! EVERYTHING WAS GIVEN UP TO NATURE! ANYTHING SQUARE RELEASES TO CHANGE THAT IS A RETCON TO CASH IN ON THE FACT THAT ALMOST NO ON SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND THE ENDING, AND SAKAGUCHI IS RETIRED SO THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH HIS STORIES.

Got it?

Remeber the good ol' days, when square was unmatched with Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Xenogears, FF6, FF7, Legend of Dragoon, Vagrant story, (not sure about earthbound). Did I leave any other great games out?

I have the music from the games and it made me nostalgic listening to them.

I don't think Legend of Dragoon was a Square game .... But I'm glad somebody mentioned Super Mario RPG :)

EVERYONE FREAKIN' DIED! THEY'RE NOT COMING BACK! THEY WERE ABSORBED INTO THE FREAKING LIFE STREAM! GONE! TRANSCENDED, IF YOU WILL! NO LONGER WALKING THE FACE OF THE PLANET! THIS WAS EXPLAINED FULLY IN THE DIALOGUE THROUGHOUT THE GAME! WHY DOES NO ONE REALIZE THIS!? THAT WACKY FLOATING GUY EXPLAINS EXACTLY WHAT HOYL WILL DO, THAT BEING THE ELIMINATION OF ALL HUMAN LIFE, WHICH IS WHY IT SPED UP METEOR INSTEAD OF DEFLECTING IT! AERITH WISHED FOR A HAPPY ENDING, SO EVERYONE WAS TAKEN TO THE PROMISED LAND BY THE LIFE STREAM INSTEAD, EXCEPT FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T GET IT YET THE PROMISED LAND IS NOT A PHYSICAL PLACE! IT WAS A HAPPY WAY OF SAYING THEY GOT INTO HEAVEN AND WHERE ALL HAPPY, BUT STILL FREAKIN' GONE! THERE WERE NO HUMANS LEFT ON THE PLANET AFTERWARDS! EVERYTHING WAS GIVEN UP TO NATURE! ANYTHING SQUARE RELEASES TO CHANGE THAT IS A RETCON TO CASH IN ON THE FACT THAT ALMOST NO ON SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND THE ENDING, AND SAKAGUCHI IS RETIRED SO THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT WITH HIS STORIES.

Got it?

no........

Remeber the good ol' days, when square was unmatched with Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Xenogears, FF6, FF7, Legend of Dragoon, Vagrant story, (not sure about earthbound). Did I leave any other great games out?

I have the music from the games and it made me nostalgic listening to them.

I don't think Legend of Dragoon was a Square game .... But I'm glad somebody mentioned Super Mario RPG :)

Legend of Dragoon was a Sony-developed game.

As well as a very painful reminder of why they don't develop many games.

And FF7's ending is VERY open to interpretation.

lemme get this straight... they shelved the remakes of two perfectly good games after the movie bombed, only to make *another* movie? That doesn't sound right somehow...

Dunno about anybody else, but my knee-jerk reaction to seeing the title of this post was: FFVII - Spice Girls style?!?!?!

Well from what I heard the re-makes were going to have PS2 graphic and everything and supposedly in 7 you'd be able to revive Aeris. I guess the diverted funds from that to the new stuff.

And really, when was the last time you heard something that made any sense these days...

As for Xenogears. I don;t think it should get better graphics maybe redone movie scenes/ or more added. But the Cartoonyness added to the fun of it.

I mean seeing Rico and hammer in PS2 graphics would creep me out.

While Rico, Hammer, or the wells may look a bit scary with PS2 graphics, I would mind seeing Elly, Miang, or an adult Emeralda rendered in PS2 graphics. :D

Got it?

no........

yeah, that's not it.

But the thing is, VII's story is done. Sephiroth got cut - very badly I might add, and the Lifestream turned the astroid into the biggest turd on the planet. And yet they want to keep the story going somehow.

and I know it's been said, but...

IT'S FINAL FANTASY, ALRIGHT!!! WHERE'S THE FINALLITY OF IT? :angry: Geez, they can't even kill one storyline now. Guess they're just going to the money...

This is one sad pathetic attempt from Square. Really... the fans are desperate for a sequel for FF7... specially after FFX, the last FF to ever deserve a sequel (instead we got 30 hours of j-pop turd), and instead we get a movie.... featuring Tidus as Cloud? WTF?!?!?! :angry:

Square has lost its touch. <_<

This is one sad pathetic attempt from Square. Really... the fans are desperate for a sequel for FF7... specially after FFX, the last FF to ever deserve a sequel (instead we got 30 hours of j-pop turd), and instead we get a movie.... featuring Tidus as Cloud? WTF?!?!?! :angry:

I think Square's stories haven't changed that much, my main beef is with the character designs... Yoshitaka Amano really provided a lot of the feel to the series, at the very least he's creative.

Tetsuya Nomura, on the other hand, seems to be quite limited to how far he can stretch his imagination... anybody notice how Cloud, Squall, and Tidus all look VERY similar?

Well, YEAH.

I coulda told you that when FF7 came out.

Faith was briefly restored with Chrono Cross and FF9, but they fell down again.

As things stand now, I don't have much hope for Square(now SquareEnix) untill they retire the FF name.

Well, if the Enix part of things manages to counterbalance the Square part enough...

Wait... Enix didn't even MAKE games at the time of the merger. They were licensing out Dragon Quest, for Pete's sake.

SquareEnix is doomed untill they realize there's more to life than FF.

They could be milking Front Mission and Seiken Densetsu.

They could have made Xenogears the best game ever, instead of half a game followed by a slide show.

They could make more new games, like Einhander and PE were.

Instead, they make FF and then if there's time, hammer something else out before the next FF.

About Final Fantasy VII part 2, well, here's a little spoiler from the end of Final Fantasy VII:

Got it?

You may want to watch that ending again. The life stream "saved" everybody, that was the whole freakin' point!!!!

As for those who think square have lost their touch, might I remind you about the unexpectedly phenominal Kingdom Hearts.

I stand by the fact that not a single human was left on the planet at the end of Final Fantasy VII. The Life Stream saved everyone from Holy and Meteor, then whisked every human off to the Promised Land. THAT was the whole freakin' point.

Saying "they died" is simplifying things too much, I'll admit that, but most people don't understand the concept of trancendance.

No, if the Lifestream was going to reclaim everyone, then it would have just let Meteor hit and been done with it. It protected everyone from Meteor, everyone survived, and abandoned materia based technology. THAT was the purpose in seeing the ruins with overgrowth.