Galaxy Railways

Keith

In case anyone missed it, Galaxy Railways vol 1 + box just came out last week. I was just expecting another 13 or so episode OVA, just to find out we're getting a nice 6 disc 26 episode TV series (with animation quality easily matching the recent Endless Odyssey OVA). There's 5 episodes on this first disc, and so far it's shaping up to be an awesome series. Somewhat of a 999 meets Yamato styled mix. Definately reccomended.

Hell, with it being Matsumoto's 50th anniversary project (anniversary of officially getting into Manga & Anime), it's even promised to have cameo's from all his works.

Galaxy Railways was an OK series, IMO. Nothing ground breaking, nor awe inspiringly "kickass," but it did keep your interest over the 26 episodes with some well written if somewhat generic characters. It was certainly one of the more "1970's" anime I've seen in a while, and it did a much better job of capturing that certain 70's vibe than, say...Aquarion.

I've really dug what I've seen of Galaxy Railways. Solid, well written series. I wouldn't say the animation is equal to Endless Odyssey, there's a definite gap in quality, in Herlock's favour. Still, Galaxy Railways isn't hard on the eyes at all. I look forward to picking up the whole series.

I hadn't heard anything about cameos, and I haven't seen any up to episode 14 or wherever it was I stopped watching the fansubs when the show was licensed.

I hadn't heard anything about cameos, and I haven't seen any up to episode 14 or wherever it was I stopped watching the fansubs when the show was licensed.

314673[/snapback]

Same here.

Horay! Netflix has the first two discs. :)

Amongst the extra's on the first disc are interviews with Matsumoto. In both, he mentions using the series as a crossroads for all his major characters & series.

As for it being 70's, that's the whole beauty of it :)