Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie

Toonz

just want to find out how much the Bandai 1/55 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (mint in box) is worth today....

any advice?

:unsure:

313852[/snapback]

I have no idea.

I did see it though selling for $250 at the last convention i went to.

I also saw it sell for about $300 a while back at a different con.

i think it's the same answers though..with yamato dishing out more stuffs..the bandai's has steadily deteriorated over the years..they're not worth nowadays..

i'll say the price range with waht i saw on yahoo HK..is about 300USD?

Then again..the worth is dependent on the bidder..not the seller.

yeah, prices have gone down for these. I'd say the most one will go for if it's like almost perfect condition, bone white valk, would be 400. Lowest I've seen so far was 150, and that was at the comic con! ;):D:p:lol:

yeah, prices have gone down for these. I'd say the most one will go for if it's like almost perfect condition, bone white valk, would be 400. Lowest I've seen so far was 150, and that was at the comic con!  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

314000[/snapback]

If I was at the comic con, I would probably grabbed that up for $150!!!! :D

yeah, prices have gone down for these. I'd say the most one will go for if it's like almost perfect condition, bone white valk, would be 400. Lowest I've seen so far was 150, and that was at the comic con!  ;)  :D  :p  :lol:

314000[/snapback]

314032[/snapback]

yeah and that person would be Goldenboy who then sold it to me for 180. Well actually he paid 180 but it was missing Minmei and the heatshield. Also Later I discovered that he instructions were xeroxes of the 1990 super valk.

But im happy for my first Strike

Congrats, Nick!  Keep an eye out for a Strike for me when you go to other conventions. ;)

314432[/snapback]

man, that foo didn't find it! hahaha. It was all golden boy. Anyway, another seller had one there for 350. But I don't know if you wanna pay that much for it. :D:p:lol:

I paid $170 for a yellowed valk supposedly mint in box. Picked up my second boxed one a month later for $30. Missed two boxed on ebay for less than $70 each. A mint one is worth more but not more than I costs me to complete a mint one and have two extras of lesser condition.

Dang, that is messed up. As an owner of like 7 of these (Top Condition to New), I noticed two different color for the gun and the gun-clip. The original is more black like in gun-metal color. And the other color is like the dark-grey like the other 1/55. Dark grey like from the knees and the feet. Also, keep an eye on the heat-shield. It should NOT be pre-painted w/ the skull insignia. The original is left blank so that you would have to use the decals. So if you see these discrepancies when you buy one, it most likely swapped.

Oh, and dont forget the paper-works. One is the registration sheet and the data file card. The rest is obvious.

314000[/snapback]

314032[/snapback]

hey Ryver, can you check your other strike valks and see if the heatshields are actually all solid black? One of the dealers at comic con and frank and sons had a strike valk that came with a heatshield that was clear black. All the ones I've seen so far are all solid black. It was questionable but don't know if there are more variants like that out there. :huh:

Hey River,

Got any pics of the minemi doll? mine is missing it.

Oh Nightmareb4macross offered me his spare Strike heatshiled. so Thanks Alex!!!

315289[/snapback]

You welcome, I might begin recasting the Minmei figure sometime in the very near future.

I'll let you know when I do.

hey Ryver, can you check your other strike valks and see if the heatshields are actually all solid black? One of the dealers at comic con and frank and sons had a strike valk that came with a heatshield that was clear black. All the ones I've seen so far are all solid black. It was questionable but don't know if there are more variants like that out there.  :huh:

315291[/snapback]

according to XStoys the GBP also has variations. The Heatshield on the VF-1S is a smoke black color that when held up to the light is partially see thru or it is solid black. Also the Front landing gear button release is body color or black.

And the weirdest variation is a cardboard tray that encompasses both Valk styro and armor styro so that you can put them in all at once or take them out all at once.

What's up Nick! Sorry bro, at the moment I dont have pics of Minmei. In fact, i'm looking for one to complete my loose Strike Valk. :(

Hey River,

Got any pics of the minemi doll? mine is missing it.

Oh Nightmareb4macross offered me his spare Strike heatshiled. so Thanks Alex!!!

315289[/snapback]

Hey what's up Patt! Unfortunately, I don't hace your three Strike Valk w/ me so I can't have it inspected. However, I think it's solid black?? But in any case, refer back to the pics I posted here somewhere. Hope you save those pic. It's been a while and i'm not 100% sure if I even had the heat shield.

Regardless, when you complete the payment and you have received the items, let me know so we can correct things. Hope this help bro.

hey Ryver, can you check your other strike valks and see if the heatshields are actually all solid black? One of the dealers at comic con and frank and sons had a strike valk that came with a heatshield that was clear black. All the ones I've seen so far are all solid black. It was questionable but don't know if there are more variants like that out there.  :huh:

315291[/snapback]

I learned about that too about the GBP set. However, I did not know about the front landing gear button is body color, but know that it was black. And yup, the Takatoku heat shiled can be seen under a light where as the Bandai Strike Valk heatshield is solid black. So keep that in mind folks.

315291[/snapback]

according to XStoys the GBP also has variations. The Heatshield on the VF-1S is a smoke black color that when held up to the light is partially see thru or it is solid black. Also the Front landing gear button release is body color or black.

And the weirdest variation is a cardboard tray that encompasses both Valk styro and armor styro so that you can put them in all at once or take them out all at once.

315300[/snapback]

there was also the "rough vs. smooth" box discussion a while back. One box is slightly textured while others are smooth. The only distiction I noticed between my textured and smooth was presence [or lack of] the tatsunoku symbol/name. Different batches?

there was also the "rough vs. smooth" box discussion a while back. One box is slightly textured while others are smooth. The only distiction I noticed between my textured and smooth was presence [or lack of] the tatsunoku symbol/name. Different batches?

315512[/snapback]

That's correct Kanata67! The Strike Valkyrie's box texture is different too. The box w/ the "BigWest" sticker has the rough/rugged texture. But the box with the "Tatsunoko" sticker has the smooth/thin texture.