What's the best MECH fight ever...?!

Holmes

OK. I need some help. :D

I'm doing a uni media project and I'm looking for the ultimate anime robot fight scene! I'd love to hear peoples' opinions. I'm talking the longest, MOST epic one-on-one, buildings destroyed, weapons+hand-to-hand, earth shudderingly awesome scenes!!! You know what i mean... I'm sure everyone's got their favorite. And not just flash new animation styles, I'd like to hear about the classics as well.

I've seen a fair bit of anime, but clearly nowhere near as much as everybody else here... Please help me - deadline is looming!!!! :(

Gunbuster : Kazumi And Noriko's fight getting the Exelion to make a black hole.

OR

End of Evangelion: Asuka's Unit 02's fight against the mass production Evas.

Edited by Gaijin

End of Evangelion: Asuka's Unit 02's fight against the mass production Evas.

312866[/snapback]

I also consider this one of the best fights ever. It had the added tension of the battery count down versus all the oponents. Very kinetic and viscelal (with all that blood and gore it looks more like a battle between giant beings instead of mechs... are Evas considered mechs or bio-mechs?)

There´s also one at the back of my head but I can´t remember it now

A couple I've always liked -- the final battle between Char Aznable and Amuro Ray in the Mobile Suit Gundam TV series / compilation movies.

Also, the A-Ko vs. B-Ko's mecha goon squad battle from Project A-Ko.

And I'd be a traitor to MW if I didn't also say the Max-Millia duel from DYRL.

Although it's in a book, the duel between Ardan Sortek and an unnamed Awesome pilot in Michael Stackpole's "Battletech--Warrior: En Guarde" is also very cool.

Hmm, a few comes to mind.

Max vs. Millia in DYRL

Isamu vs. Guld in the training grounds, or their dogfight on Earth

The Cyclops Kampfer attack on the Colony, ending with Alex's defeat of the Kampfer in Gundam 0080. Not quite one-on-one, but the Kampfer rules. :)

Barney's Zaku II FZ attack on Alex at the end of Gundam 0080. Classic Phyrric one-on-one fight.

GP01 vs. GP02 in Gundam 0083, various fights.

The Gouf Custom vs. EZ-8 in Gundam 08MST, great one-on-one action.

Take your pick. :)

I'd go with Roy er...me , Hikaru and Misa's escape attempt in DYRL?

You have Milia wasting Zentrans in a bloody mess.

Kamjin then kicking the crap out of me before I kill him and than fake my own heroic death in the fake explosion.

just wait a bit, and you'll have Destiny vs Strike Freedom pretty soon ^_^

EDIT: ok that was unproductive. here goes.

isamu vs guld, after their re-entry from space.

deunan knute in appleseed the movie. opening sequence. you know what i'm talking about. those *were* mechs? and briareos against the three cyborgs.

the earlier episodes of gundam seed destiny had some very well animated battles. then it fizzled out .. and is still fizzling, i reckon.

Edited by shiyao

Not the longest nor the most epic, I'd still pick Max vs Millia in DYRL for it's sheer speed and coolness.

312873[/snapback]

I have to agree with that. A few others come to mind:

-Patlabor- Ingram vs Griffon and Ingram vs other labors.

-Macross TV- Max vs Millia in any mech fight.

-Mospeada- Stig vs the the Inbid prince

EDIT: clean up grammar

Edited by Godzilla

Thirded. The confrontation between the Gundam and the Zeong is just classic.

Then again, so Amuro/Char/Lalah/Sayla battle. The way Char just barely avoids killing Sayla, only to lose his arm for it. And then the way Amuro impulsively tries to deal Char the killing blow, only to accidently kill Lalah instead. As I was explaining to my wife, who'd never seen any UC Gundam until recently when I showed her the trilogy, that was one of the defining moments between Amuro and Char, and would still be an issue between them 14 years later in Char's Counterattack.

I have to go with Max and Millia's Dogfight in both the series and movie and Isamu's and Guld's dogfight in Macross Plus and the Kira in the Freedom Gundam Versus Rau Le Crusset in the Provedence Gundam in ep.50 in Gundam Seed.

I'm going with episode 5 of Macross-Zero, Hero-boy vs Nora and Roy vs Ivanov. Though, you might say half of that was aerial combat rather than mecha...

Mac+ Isamu vs Guld fight at the end of Episode 2(3?) was pretty awesome too. The one where the gun-pod accidentally goes off.