Future of Gundam

Magnus

Something new like Turn A, at least a new serious AU or Sentinel OVA, Crossbone Gundam OVA.

333618[/snapback]

Or even a "what if..." story like Gundam X.

Astray should be easier for them (they already have the plot, so no space for another Destiny plot trainwreck). BTW, is the Astray manga any good? I just like the design.

I also would like to see a UC OVA from the Zeon perspective this time. I really liked first ep. of MS Igloo. There's a lot they could do from the Zeon side.

The 08th MS Team had a very good war story feel going so maybe a Zeon version of it would work.

Something new like Turn A, at least a new serious AU or Sentinel OVA, Crossbone Gundam OVA.

333618[/snapback]

Or even a "what if..." story like Gundam X.

Astray should be easier for them (they already have the plot, so no space for another Destiny plot trainwreck). BTW, is the Astray manga any good? I just like the design.

333634[/snapback]

Yes, the mangas are decent. Not quite on the same level as something like Hellsing but they're certainly entertaining and even fill in some gaps in the Seed storyline.

I've got all of the first Astray series and two volumes of Astray R so far. Also read a fan translation of Destiny Astray vol1 which was even better imo.

Just saw F91 and liked it well enough so I would like to see a some crossbone gundam action.

Or (As far as UC goes) an animated Gaia Gear might be cool. The plot sounds interesting, and way better than what I've heard about G-Savior so it would be great if this could become cannon again. Also it would be something from beyond the first hundred years of the UC which is saturated with shoes already.

Otherwise I would like to see more Turn A. Though I think a prequel would be better than a sequel. If it is as well done as the original, and focuses more on story and less on how many toys they can market from the series.

Edited by Father Jack

BTW, is the Astray manga any good? I just like the design.

The 08th MS Team had a very good war story feel going so maybe a Zeon version of it would work.

333634[/snapback]

The Astray manga is leaps and bounds better than Destiny and I'd say better than SEED too.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Cosmic Era equivalant to 08th MS Team.

Is the Earth Federation still around in Gaia Gear?

Edited by Druna Skass

• 3 weeks later...

New series?

From Gunota

Harutoshi Fukui Gundam

Starting next year, Gundam Ace will feature Gundam novel by Harutoshi Fukui, author of "Shuusen no Lorelei" and "Boukoku no Aegis" novels. Rumors regarding this have been floating around as Fukui recently commented that he hopes the anime version will be ready for Gundam's 30th anniversary.

where a war is about to break out between Earth and Mars.

Now, when I watched the first few episodes of Turn A, watching the WaDom burning the turn-of-the-century style landscape seemed, at least to me, very evocative of of the Martian tripods burning the Horsell Commons in H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. (And I do mean the novel, not any of the various adaptations.)

Now, we already know that in canon Gundam, mankind has made it out at least as far into the solar system as Jupiter, and one of the various Gundam mangas (F-90?) had the Oldsmobile Army, a Zeon remnant, based on Mars. If so much animousity can be had between those living on Earth and those living on the moon or in orbital space colonies, all within the Earth sphere, how much more so between the Earth and Mars? If a major war were to occur within the Earth sphere, one large enough and with enough casualties to limit mankind's capacity for space flight, Martian colonists would be left to fend for themselves. And perhaps the years of seperation would create very different societies with different values, and different technologies which would make the two sides seem alien to each other... even as the resource-strapped Martians eye their native home with envious eyes.

Now, when I watched the first few episodes of Turn A, watching the WaDom burning the turn-of-the-century style landscape seemed, at least to me, very evocative of of the Martian tripods burning the Horsell Commons in H.G. Wells' The War of the Worlds. (And I do mean the novel, not any of the various adaptations.)

Now, we already know that in canon Gundam, mankind has made it out at least as far into the solar system as Jupiter, and one of the various Gundam mangas (F-90?) had the Oldsmobile Army, a Zeon remnant, based on Mars. If so much animousity can be had between those living on Earth and those living on the moon or in orbital space colonies, all within the Earth sphere, how much more so between the Earth and Mars? If a major war were to occur within the Earth sphere, one large enough and with enough casualties to limit mankind's capacity for space flight, Martian colonists would be left to fend for themselves. And perhaps the years of seperation would create very different societies with different values, and different technologies which would make the two sides seem alien to each other... even as the resource-strapped Martians eye their native home with envious eyes.

340573[/snapback]

What you just described is basically the exact plot of Turn A, with Mars substituted for the moon.

340573[/snapback]

What you just described is basically the exact plot of Turn A, with Mars substituted for the moon.

340727[/snapback]

I realized that, a bit belatedly, but I was thinking less idealistic children running around, Earth mobile suits of a traditional military design (none of the over-the-top stylistic crap that's been spewing out of SEED) against more alien looking designs for the Martians. I guess I'm implying a bit more passage of time... Earth blasts itself back into the stone age, and enough time has passed that they're back up to building mobile suits, while the humans on Mars terraformed it, then bled it dry. And while they'd have common ancestory, I'd want them to seem more alien to the Earthlings.