Custom JokeMachine v2.0

Rohby

• 3 weeks later...

I think I found a new ornament to hang from my rearview mirror in my car

since I missed out on v1.0, I MUST HAVE ONE.....no...make that two!

any Idea on what colors you're gonna do? (Millia please!!......with FAST packs)

any plans for future valks? (VF-4, VF-9, or VF-19 perhaps?)

Sweet tap-dancing Buddha, I must have one! Excellent, excellent, farking excellent work, Rohby! And here I was thinking that there wouldn't be any more Macross toys/kits to get me excited. Wow. It's like the SD Valk I've always dreamed of.

Hello All, glad to be back! It's been quite awhile. This is some great upgrades Shawn did, thanks!

Let me get back to this thread. I'll see if I can answer some questions. Oh, and thanks for the feedback!

I've taken down notes for those of you who were interested. When I'm ready for the official release I'll contact via PM. My first run will be the:

"Hikaru" TV version 1J (series 1)

Equiped with FP's :ph34r:

As for the cost? All I can say is it'll most likely be in the neighborhood of 115 - 130 depending on whether I can fill in enough orders for 1 set of molds for series 1 release. Here's my plan. Most likey, I'm going to keep them limited to one production run per variant. That'll give me about 25-30 qty of each (ex. Hikaru 25 qty, Max 25 qty, Millia 25 qty....etc....)

As for whether or not I'll be making any other Valks, I hope so. That's why I'm only doing a single run of each variant. To keep projects moving rather than sitting on one project for too long.

Anyhow, here's some FP pics!

CrashTest_SD%20007_sml.JPG

CrashTest_SD%20027.jpg

CrashTest_SD%20020.jpg

CrashTest_SD%20022.jpg

CrashTest_SD%20003.jpg

CrashTest_SD%20009.jpg

CrashTest_SD%20012.jpg

Hey Rune, yeah. I'm going for as less painting as possible so there'll be less concerns about getting them all scratched up during transformation and/or play. But ofcourse certiain pieces need to be painted such as the head lasers since they're half white and half gray? I'll also include as much decals as possible. For example, the red stripe on the 1J head and things like that.

Rhoby...

Are you saying that you are moldong them already in the colors they should be in? Just trying to clarify.

Great picts.Please put me down for 1 as well, maybe 2

310459[/snapback]

Hey Rune, yeah. I'm going for as less painting as possible so there'll be less concerns about getting them all scratched up during transformation and/or play. But ofcourse certiain pieces need to be painted such as the head lasers since they're half white and half gray? I'll also include as much decals as possible. For example, the red stripe on the 1J head and things like that.
Rhoby...

Are you saying that you are moldong them already in the colors they should be in? Just trying to clarify.

Great picts.Please put me down for 1 as well, maybe 2

310459[/snapback]

310463[/snapback]

OH YES!! For sure sign me up for 1 when the time is up. If they are 115-130. I'll only be able to afford one which is enough for me. Dude...Your skill is amazing! Thank you, and that I am sure comes from all of us.

I'm in for 1 as well.

Can't believe I'm finally getting a JM.  I hate JM's or SD stuff of any kind, but this one is just too cool, and well...I've seen it in person.  :p

310627[/snapback]

Is it really sturdy and some some heft..to it? The quesion is for me as well as anyone that may not have delt with rhoby before.

I'm in for 1 as well.

Can't believe I'm finally getting a JM.  I hate JM's or SD stuff of any kind, but this one is just too cool, and well...I've seen it in person.  :p

310627[/snapback]

Is it really sturdy and some some heft..to it? The quesion is for me as well as anyone that may not have delt with rhoby before.

310628[/snapback]

Well, I didn't go pawing at it. Rohby brought it to MWCon5, and I got some up close pics, and a very good look at it from a few inches away.

As to dealing with Rohby, never fear, everything I have EVER gotten from Rohby has been 100% top notch quality. When you get stuff from him, you will think it came from a factory, seriously.

Edited by Mechamaniac

I've seen mechamaniac's pics of Rhoby's masterpiece and it looks absolutely amazing. The JM's never really captured my attention, but this looks like it can't be passed up. Including fp's! Wow! My only question is, will this be a toy or a kit? (preassembled, painted, etc.?) $100+ is pretty steep and how much work a novice like me would have to put into it, may be a deciding factor. This thing has my jaw on the floor, though. If they go for 115-130 shipped in the US, i'm down for one.

Excellent work Rhoby. You could put some actual toy companies to shame.

OMG that's amazing! That is some serious professional looking work. If it's sold complete or just has to be screwed together, than I'm interested. If it's like a SHE kit or something, than it's probably beyond my abilities.

I'm in for 1 as well.

Can't believe I'm finally getting a JM.  I hate JM's or SD stuff of any kind, but this one is just too cool, and well...I've seen it in person.   :p

310627[/snapback]

310628[/snapback]

Well, I didn't go pawing at it. Rohby brought it to MWCon5, and I got some up close pics, and a very good look at it from a few inches away.

As to dealing with Rohby, never fear, everything I have EVER gotten from Rohby has been 100% top notch quality. When you get stuff from him, you will think it came from a factory, seriously.

310633[/snapback]

Everything I have gotten from him has been no doubt the best. It was more for reassurences for anyone who has not. I bought a few of the first batch of JM's and am very pleased with the relult.

Thank you guys for your interest! Man, I can't believe Mechamaniac actually wants one! I was under the impression that he hated anything SD when I met this guy. Thanks :lol:

The 2.0 is quite hefty and sturday. I've made enough connectors or locks on it to keep em solid in the different modes. The most solid mode is fighter, for obvious reasons. It's arms are tucked away and legs locked in at two seperate points. It is also sturdy in battroid, but can only be so sturdy as with other toys. since it's got limbs. The majority of the time spent making this was experimenting with different joint techniques. I've tested all kinds of methods and learned a great deal too. The majority of the joints (especially the legs since they carry the most weight) are tension joints from screws. They're backed with a thin styrene washer and even lubricated to protect against wear. The type of resin I used also helps prevent wear. I chose an extra hard type resin that's at least 2-3 times stronger than the typical resin I normally use. It's also slightly heavier in weight.

The production version will come assembled. The entire process from casting to assembling takes me a full day to complete. The final version will have a bit more detail as well. For example, the legs will have all of the panel lines.

On my official release I'll most likely post it up on the "For Sale" section which then I'll gather up all this detail and info into one post. I'll include all details in regards to this project.

Here's a couple of size comparison pics next to a 1/72 vf-11b:

CrashTest_SD%20024.jpg

CrashTest_SD%20025.jpg

Edited by Rohby

hey all,

longtime lurker but first-time poster here.. just had to join to say that this thing looks simply amazing.. WOW.. i've been a huge fan of macross toys for years and especially the joke machines and this just takes it to a whole new level.. if its not too late Rohby.. please put me on the list for 1 set.. thanks.

and now that i've finally joined MW.. looks like all my free time will be down the drain.. :lol:

Thank you guys for your interest! Man, I can't believe Mechamaniac actually wants one! I was under the impression that he hated anything SD when I met this guy. Thanks  :lol:

Whatever gave you that idea?. Could it be all the wise cracks I was making at dinner while Goldenboy's GF assembled that JM? :lol:

Also, any plans on a VF-1D variant??

Edited by Mechamaniac

On my official release I'll most likely post it up on the "For Sale" section which then I'll gather up all this detail and info into one post. I'll include all details in regards to this project.

Very very cool. I want one. How have I missed this thread till now? Has anything been said about price yet? Either way, if someone sees the official release thread and I haven't posted there yet, please PM me. It's hard to find the time to keep up these days.

Great work,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Very very cool. I want one. How have I missed this thread till now? Has anything been said about price yet? Either way, if someone sees the official release thread and I haven't posted there yet, please PM me. It's hard to find the time to keep up thease days.

Great work,

Carl

310710[/snapback]

$115.00-130.00 Is what Rhoby said.

So I've been without internet for like 1-2 months and I come back to this :lol::D ! Awesome work Rohby, that JM is really nice, especially with the fastpacks. I thought all I had to really needed to buy this year was the 1/48 GBP, but now I think I might have to spring for at least one of these. Awesome job again Rohby.

JUST hyping it up!!!!!!!......from your site Rohby..

IMO the best angle shot ..... Love how fat and wide it looks w/ FP's !!!!!Look at that !!! ANy pics w/ Fp' s in Gervalk mode Rohby???

post-698-1121391527_thumb.jpg