Winners of MWCON customs contest

EXO

Best of Show was nightmareb4macross's chocolate on chocolate cake with a skull leader design frosting. Not was it the neatest custom, it was the only edible. Only proving that the best way to the judges' heart is thru their stomachs. The prize was The Tenjin book donated by Halfan.

Best 1/48 was xstoys's Minmay Moon Guard. I believe he commisioned Anasazi, but I failed to ask. Please correct me if I'm wrong. He recieved A Mario Cart Toy donated by Solscud (IIRC) and something else which I don't remember. Please someone chime in...

Best 1/72 was Goldenboy Forever;s YF-19 custom by Kurt. He got the Mikimoto Illustration Innocense. It was signed by Mari iijima right there at the Con. Again donated by Halfan

Best 1/60 was the custom Max TV 1A scheme by Hirohawa. He received a VF-1 Xray poster donated by Solscud and Red Ninja Playstation video donated by Gunbuster.

Best 1/55 was JasonC's superostrich. He recieved a couple of Macross kits donated by Halfan and a Predator VG donated by Gunbuster

Best Non-Scale was the CF Jokemachine by Valkyrie312. I don't remember what he received either... I hope it wasn't the a SDF Macross Soundtrack CD Vol. IV because if he did, he just won something he donated. (that would be my fault for not writing this stuff down.)

Best kitbash was Orguss01's Monster Searchlight Monster. He won the Gundam Scratchbuild Book. I bought the book from cash donated by Ewilen, Connor99 and myself.

Thanks for everyone that brought their customs. Something that I always look forward to seeing each year. Also special thanks to everyone that donated prizes. It's amazing what people do thru the goodness off their heart and not expect anything back in return. Our community grows with people like this.

Thanks to Nick and Lisa for providing the place. Thanks to Seichi for always providing free gifts. He gave us a free CD, haven't checked out what the content is, but I can't wait to check it out. He also gave away those pencil sharpeners. Each one of us got to pick one not knowing what was inside. I got the Glaug, which is way cool.

Thanks to nightmareb4macross for the cake. Thanks to Mechatek for the Sapporo beer.

And most of all thanks to Shawn, for providing us this webpage and forums that adds a lot to our joy of collecting Macross (and other) collectibles.

Hopefuly we'll all see each other again next year.

The other prize was a Toynami super-posable VF-1S SD Comic-Con exclusive from 2004 autographed by the sculptor.

Credit for this custom goes to Devin (Anasazi), who was nice enough to complete this custom for me by MW Con5. He finished so late into the game , that it had to be overnighted to me the day before the con. Thanks devin! ;)

Edited by xstoys

Hey EXO..not sure what the category was, but my custom gatling gunpod won a model kit and an xbox game. :)

congrats :o which ones did you get?

chris

Hey EXO..not sure what the category was, but my custom gatling gunpod won a model kit and an xbox game.  :)

chris

Oh, umm, a Natilus kit, and another Predator Xbox game. :)

what Natilus? there are alot. sounds like you made out well :p

Hey EXO..not sure what the category was, but my custom gatling gunpod won a model kit and an xbox game.  :)

chris

Oh, umm, a Natilus kit, and another Predator Xbox game. :)

what Natilus? there are alot. sounds like you made out well :p

Wave, 1/700 from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. And Predator Concrete Jungle for the Xbox.

Hey EXO..not sure what the category was, but my custom gatling gunpod won a model kit and an xbox game. :)

Best custom gattling gunpod???

Honestly we almost missed it... it was behind some other toy... we liked it so much we decided to give it an award. That thing looks pretty cool. Good kitbash.

any pics of all this great customs and stuff?

chris :)

I basically pulled an all-nighter to get this MG 2 strike custom done in time for the Con. It looks really good standing next to its older brother (the MG 1 strike on the right).

post-4-1119294924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anasazi37

I basically pulled an all-nighter to get this MG 2 strike custom done in time for the Con. It looks really good standing next to its older brother (the MG 1 strike on the right).

Very nice job.

any pics of all this great customs and stuff?

chris :)

When I saw those two next to each other at the Con, my jaw just dropped. Seeing those in person is trully an awesome experrience.

Excellent work Anasazi37!!! :)

I think from Now on no more comissions are allowed to be entered intot eh Customs contest. The prize should go to the creator not the owner.

I agree and disagree... the creator should get a prize... but those customs wouldn't exist unless they were commissioned. Plus the fact that the creators don't usually show up. While the owner tend to come and support these things. (no offense to the artists, I'm sure they would love to be there.) But we want to encourage people to bring their stuff to show off. That's what these contests are for. We want as much to look at as possible. Maybe we can have a category just for commissioned work.

I guess but it just seems almost like cheating. I mean I know xstoys could whip out a Minmei guard if he had to, but due to time and schedules he is a busy guy. But definately has the skill to knock it out of the park. jsut look at the past years of customs in just 1/6 scale figures.

However I hope the judges takes commission work into consideration against people who actually try. I mean its sort of liek a professional athelete going up against an amatuer. There has to bne some sort of handicap. Right? Otherwise why make customs for the con jsut commission it . Im am assuming of course everyone is greedy and out to win a prize haha which I knwo they are not but the mentality is concieveable.

I guess but it just seems almost like cheating. I mean I know xstoys could whip out a Minmei guard if he had to, but due to time and schedules he is a busy guy. But definately has the skill to knock it out of the park. jsut look at the past years of customs in just 1/6 scale figures.

However I hope the judges takes commission work into consideration against people who actually try. I mean its sort of liek a professional athelete going up against an amatuer. There has to bne some sort of handicap. Right? Otherwise why make customs for the con jsut commission it . Im am assuming of course everyone is greedy and out to win a prize haha which I knwo they are not but the mentality is concieveable.

but xstoys didn't do it for the prize... We all knew there was nothing we can give him that he didn't already have. Limiting it to one category, encourages people to bring their goods, while having only one winner counts against them... that also pits the professional model makers against each other... making it more of an equal playing field. 'Cuz if your paying for your custom, it better be damn good.

I think from Now on no more comissions are allowed to be entered intot eh Customs contest. The prize should go to the creator not the owner.

It does not bother me one bit that the creator does not get the prize. I did the YF-19 that Goldenboy Forever entered. He paid for the work that I did, that is all I expect. Once I ship a custom to a customer, it is thiers to do with as they wish. I would ask that they give credit to the person who actually created it though, which was the case at this convention. It may generate interest in my work from people viewing the contest. More business is always good!

Yeah - I won something? ;) Actually, it was a neat experience getting to compete this year, as I had always seen pictures of the custom contest in the past. It was a lot of fun to build a custom and to get to show it off at the con. Next time, I'll try to bring myself with the custom to the convention! :D

Edited by valkyrie312

Maybe a commission category....when i saw those i almost said F this and packed up my Monster..it can be discouraging when you are going up against

a "paid" project. When a person uses his extra time to prepare a model only to be beat out by a piece which is profesionally" done can be heart breaking..

Say we were having car races and a pereson spent every hour they had outside of work tuning thier car with the facilitties and materials they had...

Then show up to the race only to see a sponsored car sitting there with technician installed parts and electronically tuned everything...

Kindava differant class don't you think?

my $ .02

EDIT- sorry didnt read your post EXO suggesting the seperate category..so i guess i second your idea..By the way Anasazi my hat is off to you, i stared at those two for like 15 mins straight just tripping...WOW ,,XStoys was like a new proud father..

BRAVO!!

Edited by orguss01

Maybe a commission category....when i saw those i almost said F this and packed up my Monster..it can be discouraging when you are going up against

a "paid" project. When a person uses his extra time to prepare a model only to be beat out by a piece which is profesionally" done can be heart breaking..

Say we were having car races and a pereson spent every hour they had outside of work tuning thier car with the facilitties and materials they had...

Then show up to the race only to see a sponsored car sitting there with technician installed parts and electronically tuned everything...

my $ .02

We need pics on this thread. :D

my $ .02

Please!

my $ .02

Please!

More pics?

LOL, I brought my stuff just so people could see it, I never expected to win anything, or even to really "enter" it into the contest. I just sort of stuck it in where the other custom stuff went.

So, it was definitely a bonus to take home a couple of cool prizes!.

LOL, I brought my stuff just so people could see it, I never expected to win anything, or even to really "enter" it into the contest. I just sort of stuck it in where the other custom stuff went.

Wow! You got a prize? I'm still working on figuring out if I got one! :p No one seems to know.

LOL, I brought my stuff just so people could see it, I never expected to win anything, or even to really "enter" it into the contest.  I just sort of stuck it in where the other custom stuff went.

Wow! You got a prize? I'm still working on figuring out if I got one! :p No one seems to know.

Didn't you submit the JM CF Custom?

BTW, Nice job. What colors did you use on it?

LOL, I brought my stuff just so people could see it, I never expected to win anything, or even to really "enter" it into the contest.  I just sort of stuck it in where the other custom stuff went.

Yeah, I did. Thanks! I think the color was Testors Armor Sand or something like that. It was a spray can. I also used Anasazi's 1/60 decals (modified of course) for the details and then clear-coated the item before reassembly.

If anyone wants to send me a prize...... :p

Yeah, I did. Thanks! I think the color was Testors Armor Sand or something like that. It was a spray can. I also used Anasazi's 1/60 decals (modified of course) for the details and then clear-coated the item before reassembly.

If anyone wants to send me a prize...... :p

V312 who handled your CF JM? Did you get it back? I'll take care of the prize.