So far I've rewatched seasons 1-5 on Netflix. Season 6 isn't on it yet. Probably won't be for awhile. But from all the money I've saved not having cable, I'll pick up the DVDs when they come out in November. I only have 36 more days of work this year, so I'll find some time to watch it.

Cant believe that it will all be over tomorrow, the series seems so short :) Although it has been gearing up to a monumental finish, bigger than last years finish I think.

I like how they did the ending episode, will say no more...

I also liked last week's episode as well, looking forward to the Christmas special now.

The shows turned to crap. New Producer, new Doctor, new companions fine it all makes sense. So why is that skank River Song from the previous Doctor Who here? She's the Producers pet. How funny that after having showing so many shows of how awesome that old lady crotch is she gets captured so easily and thrown in the space suit.

How come I believe the love between Rose and The Doctor but nothing between him and River? Was Rose like a Superman 2 situation? You know just like with Superman the Doctor couldn't give her the old Sonic Screw without destroying her. With River being part time lord he has someone to sonic screw with no worries. It is like being the only minority on a TV show. When another minority of the opposite sex shows up as a guest star you're gonna have them have sex. Doen't matter how old or ugly they are. It is the only way that minority regular character is gonna get any action.

"Hello there. I'm the Doctor. I was about let Amy and Rory do the nasty on top of my frankstein's monster looking face but no, we wouldn't want that. The whole universe catching fire like a strawberry poptart left in the toaster for too long. No we wouldn't want that. Oh look its an old hag called River Song. No chance of the universe blowing up she'll have to do."

The shows turned to poo. New Producer, new Doctor, new companions fine it all makes sense. So why is that skank River Song from the previous Doctor Who here? She's the Producers pet. How funny that after having showing so many shows of how awesome that old lady crotch is she gets captured so easily and thrown in the space suit.

How come I believe the love between Rose and The Doctor but nothing between him and River? Was Rose like a Superman 2 situation? You know just like with Superman the Doctor couldn't give her the old Sonic Screw without destroying her. With River being part time lord he has someone to sonic screw with no worries. It is like being the only minority on a TV show. When another minority of the opposite sex shows up as a guest star you're gonna have them have sex. Doen't matter how old or ugly they are. It is the only way that minority regular character is gonna get any action.

"Hello there. I'm the Doctor. I was about let Amy and Rory do the nasty on top of my frankstein's monster looking face but no, we wouldn't want that. The whole universe catching fire like a strawberry poptart left in the toaster for too long. No we wouldn't want that. Oh look its an old hag called River Song. No chance of the universe blowing up she'll have to do."

Whoa, dude, you dislike it so much that you have stopped being coherent? Maybe it's time for you to stop watching.....

Can't remember which that was, between doctors or when the whole universe disappeared except Earth? I'm pretty sure it was given a reason both times.

To fill you in properly, I could try to create a Dr Who timeline, but even I'm not *that* crazy..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why that was one of the best things watch the episode and then watch the how they did it.

The docu things had too much filler cra (er crude) for my taste. (I may be thinking of the "best of" stuff...) A bunch of people sitting around commenting on what they like best is not my idea of entertainment. (Unless it is Joel/Mike and the Bots of course)

Well with the season over I'm kind of going back and rewatching certain episodes and man it just feels like Moffat really pulls it all out of his ass on the fly and then it just starts to make less sense. Unless there's some build up over the 3 or so years of this?

Either case the girlfriend is finally getting out of the closet and becoming a whovian. However she's starting off really weird by just jumping into Matt Smith while I did Eccleston and then forward but also going way way back. Right now I'm on The Space Museum.

• 10 months later...

UK airdate for the new Who series has been confirmed - 1st September, 19:20 GMT.

Spoiler follows for first episode title:

"Asylum of the Daleks".

There will also be a web exclusive mini-series following the homelife of the Ponds, called, um, "Pondlife" from 27th August. Not sure if that will be available in all regions, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I like both episodes so far, and next week's looks promising as well.

Dalek chick - I don't think you have the correct person, it was from the first episode this season. Wasn't the red dress lady in a cyberman episode, christmas special if I remember correctly.

The two robots from "Snakes on" er make that "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship". Are they based on a comedy team in the UK?

"My girlfriend is a Dalek now, shes a Dalek NOW!" was dressed in a red dress when she wasn't clad in a metal cyborg killing unit. I think thats where some confusion is creeping in.

The robots weren't so much "based on" as indeed played by the UK comedians David Mitchell and Robert Webb. Mitchell does quite a few panel comedy shows in the UK, "Q.I" among them (he was involved in the infamous "giant tortoise" debate on that programme). The duo together are probably most famous for a comedy show called "The Peep Show".

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 3 weeks later...

I finished watching the Pond's final episode. Not bad, it just didn't end like I wanted it to:

Final scene:

Amy crying her eyes out and Rory trying to comfort her.

AMY: "Why Doctor? Why?"

DOCTOR: "Amy, I could lie and tell you I'm going into the TARDIS for my sonic screwdriver. Truth is I'm leaving you and your lame @ss husband Rory here to find myself a new companion! Now, dig it while you cannn because the light just turned mother#@&^%* green! bye b!tches!"

TARDIS door slams shut and fades away.

Well maybe not exactly like that...

• 1 month later...

tumblr_md4qwcOZ671qc9aego4_1280.jpg

Cybermen 2.0 from the new series. Neil Gaiman is writing the episode "The Last Cyberman" and it looks like they Cybermen have been rejigged again to look at bit more like the "classic" series versions. More pics here