I can remember watching it in the 70's with the latter Jon Pertwee and then Tom Baker and literally ducking down behind the sofa on one or two episodes,

I did that with Ultraman way back when, now I watch it and laugh since the monster has a zipper in the back and slippers on...

Nothing wrong with a good scare - if it is too scary they kid can always turn off the TV. I've got a problem with the foul language that seems to be required these days though.

• 2 weeks later...

You beat me to it! Considering the obvious limitations, I enjoyed it immensely. There were some interesting ideas in there and it does highlight the advantages of animation over live action. You can watch Jon Pertwee kick ar - posterior, for example... :)

The current series has just taken its mid-season break with something of a blockbuster of an episode. According to text at the end, the next episode has the best Doctor Who episode title, ever (following title reasonably large spoiler):

Lets Kill Hitler!

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Spoiler - River Song was born with both sex organs.

Everyone is...

Now if you meant fully developed, well I won't touch that...

Back to Who, not surprised by the mid season finale, assuredly interesting though - and I hope the Pirate (Drake?) is back later in the season, it certainly looks like he might be.

I finally figured out what it is about the latest Doc that is off putting for me, it is those spastic had/body movements - they were REALLY apparent in this episode. Funny that something so silly should bug me so much.

I hope with the next episode after the mid season break that they do actually tie up the end of story from the last episode and not just jump in as if it never happened or just got resolved off screen. I want to say more about the episode but fear of spoilers due to some of the syndicated t.v channels in other countries wont haw shown it yet, I am gonna hold off. One thing though. <Insert bad guys names> Don't mess with Rory the Roman, eh!!

Fark, make yer minds up guys........

2012 season with 14 episodes....

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06/dwn070611173008-bbc-confirms-fourteen.html

2012 season a cut-down version with "big" things for the 50th anniversary season in 2013.......

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06/dwn140611220008-no-full-series-for.html

Who knows what exactly what is going on, but with the Beeb contradicting itself like this, I get worried.

Seeing as they are selling the concrete doughnut (Television Center London)because times are hard who knows, just as likely to sell the rights to the show to some obscure satellite channel that only subscribers of some uber package on Sky can watch to make a few quid to allow them to pay some overweight over paid presenter of some day time tosh.

Then they'll just force all of us to download it from torrent sites like so many other shows.

Edited by big F

Last night after I finally watched the resent episode/Season Final of Doctor Who I got into Bed and a terrible thought came into my mind that

The Doctors death at the hands of child/space suit wearing Melody/Song is the catalyst for the Miracle Day on Torchwood and I think of the Torchwood teaser videos and they describe a unknown force being behind it all made me think of the things from 1960's

What do you all think?

Edited by miles316

I thought like so many others that after seeing the series, the Dr that was/is killed in the first episode was the Ganger Dr. But obviously the writers are well ahead of us on that.

So I guess with that in mind they will have a suitable twist for us to see when they complete that story arc. The other alternative is he does die and they can the series on its 50th aniversary.

Edited by big F

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if the upcoming Torchwood where nobody dies will be how the Dr stays "alive" ? Possible tie in maybe.

No I think Miracle day will be connected with his death and the shadow people will be responsible Jack can die and Jack got immortal from the Tardis their has to be some kind of connection.

Torchwood is on netflix. Been so for a while now.

That was before Torchwood was picked up by STARS (I think it was STARS). Different producer means different distribution rules. On the plus side the new owner does appear to put most of it's stuff on Netflix as well (I forget their name but I remember they put their stuff on Netflix)

That was before Torchwood was picked up by STARS (I think it was STARS). Different producer means different distribution rules. On the plus side the new owner does appear to put most of it's stuff on Netflix as well (I forget their name but I remember they put their stuff on Netflix)

I don't think it will be immediately put on Netflix I finally found "Camelot" another Starz show has finally been put on netflix.

Edited by miles316

I don't think it will be immediately put on Netflix I finally found "Camelot" another Starz show has finally been put on netflix.

Yup - they don't put shows up till after the season run is done.

I'll have to put Camelot on my watch list, I got rid of Starz and never did see it.

• 1 month later...

Last nights episode was pure high-energy nightmare fuel. The BBC really shouldn't allow "League of Gentlemen" writers to script for what is supposed to be a childrens adventure series... :lol:

The Beeb were never really that good at children's stuff anyhow :p

• 4 weeks later...