Macross II Lovers Again

Agent-GHQ

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is there a toy ever made for the Macross II Lovers Again (Short Lived series)? I recall a model kit by Bandai in '93 1/100, but not a toy figure.

Also, can some one translate and find the price to this. Here's the url:

http://shop.goo.ne.jp/store/omochaya/gds/01912/?

Edited by Agent-GHQ

there was just a Model by Bandai, sadly i wish there was more for this great design. there is intrest in doing a recast of the 1/72 resin kit of the fighter for it.

chris :)

Man, that sucks. No toy for it huh.I heck of liked it too. It was an impressive mecha and really fancy. Its kind of like remodel VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. If only Yamato made a 1/48 scale for it.

By the way Chris, do you know where I can get that 1/72 resin kit. Love to build one.

Ryver

IIRC, people have been asking for a variable toy of that particular mecha, for years. there's a number of reasons it hasn't, and probably won't ever be made.

I know, but it doesn't stop us from wishing or asking! ;)

Agent-GHQ Posted on Jun 12 2005, 09:44 PM

Man, that sucks. No toy for it huh.I heck of liked it too. It was an impressive mecha and really fancy. Its kind of like remodel VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. If only Yamato made a 1/48 scale for it.

It doesn't even have to be a 1/48. It can be in a 1/60 scale, with detachable legs (or not!). I mean, just to be able to have one :) . Would be nice.

Heh.

Around 2 years ago interest in this thing from the boards was rampant. Interest in a VF-2SS is a lot higher in the US than it is in japan. Kawamori does not like Macross II either. If I remember right, Graham did say that yamato/toycom(back then), could produce a VF-2SS for the US market once the HG litigation was over, but chances were slim due to the fact that macross II was not a big hit in japan nor was it liked by kawamori. But I could have remembered wrong, it has been a while and this was when graham used to do the monthly newsletters and the 1/60s just came out.

Who knows? perhaps a resurgence in interest in VF-2SS has happened in japan over the years, however unlikely I think that may be. Perhaps Renato or Howard could enlighten us, guys in japan, is macross II is or was even popular?

Be...cause

The...

Du..b

Ta....lks like... this

To make...the....lips...

sync

And...

the story is....

very.... dumb

But .... I think.... that the art.... is very

beautiful

and the.... mecha designs....

fantastic

the character...

designs...

If they are Mikimoto... I... think they are.... his best.

I remember it was a really early "non-mainstream" dub. Back in 1992 or something? The voice actors were pretty bad. Not absolutely horrible but not good either. But the timing.... ugh, the timing. They tried so hard to keep lip-sync that the whole thing was unwatchable.

I'd like to see a Sub if one was available...

By the way Chris, do you know where I can get that 1/72 resin kit. Love to build one.

Ryver

here is the link for the recast project :)

VF-2SS Recast project

Macross II isnt that great, it pretty boring really. But even thou it is hated I still dont understand why they never made toys for this anime, they make trading figures for hentai yet they cant made trading figure versions of the mecha?

All they really have to make is the Metal Siren and the VF-2SS in 1/48 scale. I'm sure both Japanese and American fans would buy two new Valks even if the show isen't well liked.

Kawamori needs to get off his high horse! :angry:

Yeah, just imagine that. Suppose it was built in the same style as the 1/55 series. And suppose it was built in the same style as the 1/60 and 1/48 Yamato series. For, I like to see it built like the Takatoku/ Bandai 1/55 and the 1/48 Yamato. And put it a styrofoam box that is well drawn like the old school 1/55. Oops, looks like I was in lala land! Damn, it was just a dream...Why Yamato, why cant you make one? :(

Hi all,

If you find an obscure online toy, model store, then you just might find a vf-2 variable kit.......I've seen them up online a couple times a year....So this is obviously something you have to work to get, but you'll eventually get one if you want one......

Who cares what Kawamori thinks? The Macross II mecha would make incredible toys. I know I'd want at least two Metal Sirens and I'd probably be willing to pay 1/48 prices for a well articulated, accessorized 1/60 scale...

That and a Phalanx-II would be highest on my list, followed by VF-2SS and Marduk / new Zentran & Meltran Mecha.

• 1 month later...

I think the same thing Mr. Kawamori is not paying for the valks!!! We are The way I see it it could be an amazing product!! I would love to have a VF-2SS more than any other Valk!!!

Roberto

Who cares what Kawamori thinks?  The Macross II mecha would make incredible toys.  I know I'd want at least two Metal Sirens and I'd probably be willing to pay 1/48 prices for a well articulated, accessorized 1/60 scale...

That and a Phalanx-II would be highest on my list, followed by VF-2SS and Marduk / new Zentran & Meltran Mecha.

307139[/snapback]

Who cares what Kawamori thinks?  The Macross II mecha would make incredible toys.  I know I'd want at least two Metal Sirens and I'd probably be willing to pay 1/48 prices for a well articulated, accessorized 1/60 scale...

307139[/snapback]

While I too would love some MII toys, you guys have to remember Kawamori's got creators rights. It's kind of like Katsushiro Nightow of Trigun, if he does not like a trigun product, it will not come out. Kawamori has stated before that he does not like Macross II. Macross II did not do that well in japan either. If the creator does not like it, then how are fans to get macross II toys? Plus if it did not do that well in japan(macross plus is on the radar a lot more than II is), why would a company risk tooling expensive ass molds for a product a lot of people in japan may not care for?

I would love macross II valks, they are slender and different and very nice. But will we see them? i doubt it.

Well in this Forum has been expressed the interst for the TOY therefore I think there is a Demand for it, If Japanesse won´t so it why not someone else again Kawamori didn´t like Macross II his problem! We want a toy and if there is a demand why not make it my friend I know that in the U.S. No Macross toy can be made but since the Macross II thingie is not Kwamori could it be done there??

Roberto

307139[/snapback]

While I too would love some MII toys, you guys have to remember Kawamori's got creators rights. It's kind of like Katsushiro Nightow of Trigun, if he does not like a trigun product, it will not come out. Kawamori has stated before that he does not like Macross II. Macross II did not do that well in japan either. If the creator does not like it, then how are fans to get macross II toys? Plus if it did not do that well in japan(macross plus is on the radar a lot more than II is), why would a company risk tooling expensive ass molds for a product a lot of people in japan may not care for?

I would love macross II valks, they are slender and different and very nice. But will we see them? i doubt it.

316106[/snapback]

Well in this Forum has been expressed the interst for the TOY therefore I think there is a Demand for it, If Japanesse won´t so it why not someone else again Kawamori didn´t like Macross II his problem! We want a toy and if there is a demand why not make it my friend I know that in the U.S. No Macross toy can be made but since the Macross II thingie is not Kwamori could it be done there??

Roberto

307139[/snapback]

316106[/snapback]

316109[/snapback]

Macross II is not Kawamori but he is the original creator of Macross. Not to mention you act as if demand in japan is high for macross II stuff, which I very much doubt, otherwise we would have had more merchandise and artbook reissues and special edition DVDs and crap. What do you see when you see macross in japan? DYRL DVDs, music CDs, macross plus stuff, some macross 7, some macross 0....wheres macross II? It's not that big man. Like I said I would love to see mac II stuff but the probability of it happening is slim IMHO.

Heres a quote from one of Graham's 2003 newsletters.

Future Macross Toy News

18.  When asked about what Macross toys we are likely to see in the future, I was told that the most likely candidates are the VF-4, VF-5000B and just possibly, the VF-2SS. However, it will be quite a while (at least 2004) before we see these toys as Yamato will be very busy this year with the Macross Zero toys, Monster, Q-Rau, 1/48, 1/60 etc�

Note that the news is TWO years old at this point, and a LOT of things can happen in a matter of just one month. So again, I doubt we will see a VF2SS.

Damn...its the best news i've herd so far. Keep it comming!!! Oh yeah Yamato pelase make us a 1/48 scale like the VF-1 Valkyries.

Roberto

307139[/snapback]

316106[/snapback]

316109[/snapback]

Macross II is not Kawamori but he is the original creator of Macross. Not to mention you act as if demand in japan is high for macross II stuff, which I very much doubt, otherwise we would have had more merchandise and artbook reissues and special edition DVDs and crap. What do you see when you see macross in japan? DYRL DVDs, music CDs, macross plus stuff, some macross 7, some macross 0....wheres macross II? It's not that big man. Like I said I would love to see mac II stuff but the probability of it happening is slim IMHO.

Heres a quote from one of Graham's 2003 newsletters.

Future Macross Toy News

18.  When asked about what Macross toys we are likely to see in the future, I was told that the most likely candidates are the VF-4, VF-5000B and just possibly, the VF-2SS. However, it will be quite a while (at least 2004) before we see these toys as Yamato will be very busy this year with the Macross Zero toys, Monster, Q-Rau, 1/48, 1/60 etc�

Note that the news is TWO years old at this point, and a LOT of things can happen in a matter of just one month. So again, I doubt we will see a VF2SS.

316111[/snapback]