Tranformation Help!!!

MacBoy29

HI everyone!,

I just got my VF-11B FP and i'm VERY IMPRESSED.

I tried transforming it and i stopped not even half way. I was too

scared i'll destroy the thing. Does anyone have any tips for transforming this

guy ?

Oh yeah, does anyone know any websites for transformation help for macross figs. ? (even with pictures ?)

Thanks,

MacBoy29

Do you have the transformation guide that came with the toy?

I know it's in Japanese, but the pictures are usually pretty good.

I don't have the FP version of the -11B, but I assume the transformation is the same as the regular one.

The only parts that I felt I had to be really careful with were the shoulders, and the hips.

The arms swivel around at the shoulder where those long metal bars are. The tension there is pretty tight, so just swivel the shoulder holding it close to the joint instead of pulling on the forearm.

I don't exactly remember how the fuselage becomes the chest and back off the top of my head. My -11Bs are in the boxes currently. But I know that once you get the fuselage apart, the legs should just swing down.

I know I'm probably not much help here, but when I get stuck on transformations, I just stop and really examine the toy for a while, and I can usually figure out where things go.

Study the pictures of the finished modes either on the box, or in the booklet to get a better idea of which parts should be where for each mode.

Like I said, the only parts I think you should be extra careful with though are the shoulders and the legs.

I hope someone else can provide better assistance..

Good Luck. :)

You're on the best website for transformation help...

Of course, the best way to appreciate the VF-11B is to not transform it at all, just admire it in fighter mode, less broken hips that way.

That only applies to the first version. The 11 FP has rienforced hip joints

Time will tell with those new and improved hip joints.

I'll be picking up mine in about 2 weeks or so.

I've got a friend going through machine shop, I'm tempted to ask him if he could make me a set of metal hip joints... A nice simple design ought to do the trick.

Agreed. Mine has stood up to repeated transformations with no problems. Much better than my original VF-11 hips....

Those shoulders are stronger than they look. Just remember your basic physics leverage and hold them closer to the pivot and you'll be okay.

I just wish that the fast packs were easier to take off.... I'm terrified I'm going to break the tabs on the rocket boosters....