My first 1/48 is here!

Twoducks

It's finally here and....

IT'S FREAKING AWSOME!!! I LOVE IT!!!

1/48 VF-1J (to bad I did't get the super version). It's lighter than I thought but bigger looking that I imagined.

Now, I have some importad questions:

Customs has charged me about $32, so the total price for it has been $202 (more expensive than I first thought ;) ). Now, the box is dented around the corners and looks like it was opened (does the 1/48 box come taped closed or is it just really easy to open?).

Moreover, the instructions bag looks to have been opened (I say this because the peace of tape that holds it close is full of dust thingys).

Do the diecast parts chipp easily? The leg part started chipping from the start. Also one of the leg lights (the blue one) is a little chipped.

Don't know if angolz shipped my valk in this condition or if it was due to customs screwing with it (I suspect the later).

Anyways I'm going reclaim the fee to customs and see what happens.

Beatiful thing, yes indeed.

1/48s are never taped shut. At least from all the 1/48s I got and I got a lot. :lol: As for the landing gear lights, they are painted with clear color paint. Those can chip off.

Oh, BTW, welcome to Valkaholics Anonymous. ;) Enjoy one of your many 1/48s.

damn dood, you paid $202 for a 1J! 

i think its time for me to start selling on ebay. 

welcome to the boards!

Thanks

Fragging S&H+Customs, between them they took almost 60$

Oh, BTW, welcome to Valkaholics Anonymous.  Enjoy one of your many 1/48s.

She sure is expensive, but man, won't she look more beautiful next to a CF... crap... When's the next VA meeting ;)

Anyways, I was thinking on getting a PG Gundam but now I've gotten cold feet.

One more thing; the little plastic piece that hooks to the front wheels was flying around inside the box. Is this normal or does it have a specific place?

One more thing; the little plastic piece that hooks to the front wheels was flying around inside the box. Is this normal or does it have a specific place?

That should be attached to the front landing wheel. It should be in there and shouldn't be loose in the box.

It's a pain when Customs open your package as sometimes they damage or left something out from the box :(

Best to buy from places that will declare under the value to avoid customs opening it.

Welcome to VA too :)

I started with just the idea of buying 2 1/60s and now ended up with 14 1/48s and 4 CF to come.

Edited by Valk-1S

Congrats on the new Valk, TWODUCKS! Now, you know what would be even better than a 1/48 VF-1J?? A VF-1J surrounded by a couple of 1/48 CF's!!!! :lol::D:D !! Sorry dude, just wanted to play "Devil's Advocate". Enjoy yer 1/48, it ain't gonna be yer last :D !

You'll also "need" a 1S. You need one of each mech head to feel complete.

1S - 1 elite guy. Prettiest face. Looks the best. The skull and crossbones make it look mean. The skull leader iz da best!

1A - bunch of these to stand around looking average and cheap.

1J - looks cool but inferior to the 1S with flat visor/head camera. Two head lasers make him more special than average people.

Then you have to get armor + fast packs, and then GBP which means at least two more valks so you don't have to take everything off and can display everything at once.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

You'll also "need" a 1S

I was supposed to get one, even paid for it :angry:

Damn stock problems :angry:

Oh well, more to customs (the package had the declared value of BOTH the 1J and 1S).

Next time I'll declare 0,001$

mmmh, I just said "next time"... Valkholism getting bad :(

It's finally here and....

IT'S FREAKING AWSOME!!! I LOVE IT!!!

1/48 VF-1J (to bad I did't get the super version). It's lighter than I thought but bigger looking that I imagined.

Now, I have some importad questions:

Customs has charged me about $32, so the total price for it has been $202 (more expensive than I first thought ;) ). Now, the box is dented around the corners and looks like it was opened (does the 1/48 box come taped closed or is it just really easy to open?).

Moreover, the instructions bag looks to have been opened (I say this because the peace of tape that holds it close is full of dust thingys).

Do the diecast parts chipp easily? The leg part started chipping from the start. Also one of the leg lights (the blue one) is a little chipped.

Don't know if angolz shipped my valk in this condition or if it was due to customs screwing with it (I suspect the later).

Anyways I'm going reclaim the fee to customs and see what happens.

Beatiful thing, yes indeed.

Waitaminute, Waitaminute, Waitaminute, where did you get that VF-1J Hikaru w/o the FP's from. I thought they were all sold out.:blink:

You'll also "need" a 1S

I was supposed to get one, even paid for it :angry:

Damn stock problems :angry:

Oh well, more to customs (the package had the declared value of BOTH the 1J and 1S).

Next time I'll declare 0,001$

mmmh, I just said "next time"... Valkholism getting bad :(

Just go to your local VA meeting, oh its (Valkaholic's Anomynous) if you don't know. every MWer goes there when they need a toy fix. But could not get it.:lol:

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

hey twoducks. i too am a newbie to this. i started in january with my favorite valk the vf-1j hik. now it's all downhill from there. my girlfriend has limited to two valks a month. :(

welcome to the addiction!

Edited by nismoflip

hey twoducks. i too am a newbie to this. i started in january with my favorite valk the vf-1j hik. now it's all downhill from there. my girlfriend has limited to two valks a month. :(

hey twoducks.  i too am a newbie to this.  i started in january with my favorite valk the vf-1j hik.  now it's all downhill from there.  my girlfriend has limited to two valks a month. :(

Lucky guy, you have the permission to get 2 per month. My girlfriend simpily complain whenever I buy a Yammy, even though I only buy one when there is a new release. I bet she will kill me if she found how much a 1/48 cost.

you wanna see what 12 feet of 1/48s and FPs look like?

Bah I can beat that. :pB))

05.jpg

Hey Godzilla considering you have two VF-1A Max's in you collection and the FP's can I have one VF-1A Max and FP's (cheaply). :D

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Waitaminute, Waitaminute, Waitaminute, where did you get that VF-1J Hikaru w/o the FP's from. I thought they were all sold out.

Well VF-18S Hornet , I got it from Angolz. My adventure with them is posted here

QUOTE (nismoflip @ Jun 10 2005, 12:13 PM)

hey twoducks. i too am a newbie to this. i started in january with my favorite valk the vf-1j hik. now it's all downhill from there. my girlfriend has limited to two valks a month. 

hey twoducks.  i too am a newbie to this.  i started in january with my favorite valk the vf-1j hik.  now it's all downhill from there.  my girlfriend has limited to two valks a month. 

Lucky guy, you have the permission to get 2 per month. My girlfriend simpily complain whenever I buy a Yammy, even though I only buy one when there is a new release. I bet she will kill me if she found how much a 1/48 cost.

After my girlfriends initial "what cheap looking plastic!!" ( :blink:<_< ) I have decided to lower the amount I paid (if anyone asks, a 1J goes for €60 :ph34r: )

To >EXO , 1 VF-1 2NV and Godzilla:

You know that I now imagine you people swimming in a giant money vault like Uncle Scrooge has but filled with 1/48's instead of money. (I see you three spitting fallen nose cones instead of coins when you come out for air). :p:lol:

Edited by Twoducks

I just preordered a VF-1A Cannon Fodder in which will be my sixth Valkyrie in my collection, it would have be my seventh if I had gotten the VF-1A Max, or two of them one of which I would have turned into a Kakizaki custom at least an attempt. I guess that would have been eight if I had done that. <_<;)