Pilot assembling

Ido

Based on teh fact that he's asking about the 19 pilot, that might not be his question..... I found that the pilot figure for the YF-19 was a little sketchy in where the arms and head actually mount... the joints are kinda undefined, and it takes some fidgeting to find his actual shoulders and neck... ;) That, or I'm completely retarded.

Based on teh fact that he's asking about the 19 pilot, that might not be his question..... I found that the pilot figure for the YF-19 was a little sketchy in where the arms and head actually mount... the joints are kinda undefined, and it takes some fidgeting to find his actual shoulders and neck... ;) That, or I'm completely retarded.

You get it, the arms are a pain in the ass, however I tried to Pin them like resin figures with a 0,5mm rod and it look to work. I'll glue them and let you now if is a good choice.

Guest Bromgrev

I've never used pins for pilot figures. It's not like they get any abuse. Not that I abuse any big resin anime figurines! :blink:

Erm... I can't possibly see nedding to pin a figure that small.... there isnt even enouch shoulder material to sit a pin in :blink:

Well the arms didn't stay on very well with plastic cement, I don't have a welding type glue, pins and Ca glue worked fine, there is enough plastic for pinning and isn't soo hard to do, It worked very fine for the head, you can have a posable head this way and is easier to paint.

I don't want the arms to fall apart when I will paint and decal or to ruin the paint gluing the arms after.

You really should invest in some decent plastic cement. Gunze welds the arms on my pilots solidly, and unless you force it on purpose, the arms are not going to fall off from day to day handling.

I ordered some tenax glue form great models a month ago but I'm still emailing them for a trouble in my order(they don't ship it for some unknow reason)... :angry:

Do you mean normal mr.cement or mr.cement s? I have mr. cement and its a nice product but I don't really use it for small parts, I know pinning is not required, just wanted to try, ca glue is fine.