Mr.Ghetto Spraybooth

laugh7887

Ok ..... i believe all of us using airbrush need a spray booths , but they aren't that cheap and easy to build. so if you are strap on cash and have no idea how to build one with wood, i got a quick solution for you guys .

Being to the ghetto before ? seen those homeless contruct their housing under a few seconds ? we will applied the same technology with our spray booth .

Here is wat you need :

1. vantilation fan made by SMC from home deopt for $19.99 ( sorry i photographed the wrong side with spanish ;) )

16.jpg

2. some air filter from homdepot without the plastic frame around it for $4.99

3. some card board free

4. row of duck tap $4.99 ( yes ... duck tape is the the break through technology )

and the photo pretty much explain it self ... B)) Ghetto for life !

1.jpg

3.jpg

THis is the back ventilation area which can be duck tape with an exiting pipe which channel air out .

6.jpg

As you can see here , the spray booth hual paints !!

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

OMG ! you can even adjus the card board to watever postition you feel most confortable ! all you need is a few more pieces of card board and a few more duck tape here and there .

14.jpg

In conclustion , although the spraybooth does not have aesthetic touch , it sure meet my need to suck those harmful vapor out of my way !

Nice!

Need to build me one of those, every time I spray paint, I either have to do it on my deck (and listen to the wife complain about "dont you paint my deck!!") or in the basement (and listen to the wife complain about "I can't breathe with all those F'in fumes!!") <_<

where's the paint venting to? It's supposed to get sucked outside so you don't breathe it.. looks like a good cheap booth to keep it out of your face though.

Well , with more duck tape , i will connect it to a ventilation pipe and straight out the door. That part of the project will be done shortly and will be posted .

Printing ....

Nice. General question about spray booths: what's left over after the air passes through the filter? Does the exhaust still contain stuff that can mark property and annoy neighbors?

I haven't conduct a test on that yet , i will place a piece of white paper on the exist to test that out shortly . ;)

Printing..

Nice, that is almost exactly what I use, I have my art desk up against a window to the out doors so I just vent through the window instead of using piping but you can get accordian style dryer venting for pennies at most home improvement stores, make your ghetto spray booth slim in the back end behind the fans and cut up a clean milk jug to make an adapter for your ghetto box and Viola, pro-style venting.

Nice. General question about spray booths: what's left over after the air passes through the filter? Does the exhaust still contain stuff that can mark property and annoy neighbors?

The filter he is using is not enough for retaining all the nasty fumes but only the pigment. It's better than using nothing but all the vapors from the solvents are just being blown to the sides of the box.

That thing would be much safer if can vent outside. Of course you should do it in a way that won't annoy the neighbours!!

Is the motor that's operating the fan in-line with the air flow? 'cause if it is you better make sure that the fumes from tne paint your spraying are not flamable (Inflamable?) or else your taking a fairly serious risk there - Kaboooom!-. :(

hey, those priority mail boxes are property of the USPS, and are to be used for priority mail shipping only. Not for homemade paint vent ducts. I will be reporting you to the USPS police shortly. :p LOL!

Thank you guys for all your input , i will take your advice and start building another spray booth that is not so out of joint as this one . The Ghetto spray booth is only for the purpose of testing if the fan is powerful enough to suck air in this settup. Anyway , thank you all. :D

hey, those priority mail boxes are property of the USPS, and are to be used for priority mail shipping only. Not for homemade paint vent ducts. I will be reporting you to the USPS police shortly. :p LOL!

oh yeah bro ! Fedex , UPS , USPS , i'm only missing DHL , please send me some if anyone has it B))