VF-11B FP

Valkyrie Nut

I got my 11 FP back in july and it was my first Yammie. I was itching to get it so I could just stare at it in awe, which is what I did. Although not as detailed as the other scales, I prefer my 11 to my 21 as IMO it looks better and of course is easier to transform.

Like all the other Yamatos, its best mode is the fighter which is sleek and has nice lines. My only gripes are that the tail fins are too small and for some reason the left shoulder plate sticks up :blink: The gerwalk mode is my personal favorite mode. There's no difficulty in posing it and no lack of balance, plus it looks really cool from certain angles. Battroid is generally nice looking but not very poseable. The head does sit a little far back but that can't be helped. the heatshield is kept on by 2 little tabs but I've found its easier just to place it on using double sided tape. The gunpod has a decent amount of detail and has a bayonet on the end of the barrel that can be flipped out. The fastpacks are a generally nice addition but the dorsal packs look somewhat undersized and cannot be seen properly in battroid.

Now for the main gripes: Bits of paint have chipped of the legs after numerous transformations plus on mine the shoulder joint on the left arm has come loose and I haven't found a remedy for that yet but I'm not too bothered either. Lastly the shield started to refuse to stay on in fighter mode. I fixed that by applying a bit of model glue to the plug of reshape the it without bonding it to the arm and it now fits snugly.

Overall it's a nice edition to your collection if like me you don't have the original version and is also a decent way to kick off your collection too if you don't already have any Yammies. You can images of mine at my model and figures page

Cool, thanks. But I have to disagree about the VF-11B looking better than the YF-21, I like the YF-21s fighter and Gerwalk modes. But the FAST Pack armor makes it look bulky from the pics I've seen, so I think that when I get my YF-21 I'm just going to keep the armor in the box. Now when will I have mustered enough money together to buy a YF-21? I don't know, I have 5 birthdays coming up in the next two months! :blink::angry::unsure: <_

Wish me luck Valkyrie Nut! I'm getting the VF-11B FP & YF-21FP this month.

Do you think it would be a good idea if I did a review of the YF-19FP when I get it?

Good luck angel's fury! ^^ If you get the 19 FP before me then yes please do a review B)

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, out of the two valkyrie toys I got last weekend ( VF-11B FP & YF-21 FP ), the VF-11B FP was the easiest to transform with no problems compared to the YF-21 FP. I hope u have a solution to my problem about the loose hip joint and the backpack as I have complained about in the toy section of the forum.

Lookin' forward for your immediate reply. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
VN and rest,

IMO, the tailfins on the VF11B are not too small. They are actually ok-sized. The reason they look small is the angle at which they stick out from the back of the lower legs. If the angle from the horizontal is larger (i.e. more upright), they would have been more noticeable.

B))

Have to disagree with you ELM. They are pitifully small. Just watch M+ again and look at this picture, even from that angle they should still be bigger. Hell, it looks tiny when you look at it in side profile.

post-18-1068042140_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah, but I just posted that pic because it was the only one I had at the time. There's the lineart at steelfalcon.com, it was still pretty big in my opinion. Sorry dude, should have poted that instead of the 3D drawing. You're right about the tailfins, if they were any bigger they probably wouldn't fit.

Edited by kensei