gorgeous kitbash

Skypoet

Hello all!

I shouldn't be posting this myself, but I couldn't help it... the photos were too gorgeous... AlphaHX posed some photos of a kitbash hasegawa VF0D in the fanwork forum... I haven't fully understood whether he is the author of the kitbash, but it is TOO great!

After seeing that, I wonder why some people still say that Hasegawa SHOULD NOT manufacture transformable models... I would gladly pay 40 bucks on such a kit from Hase, were it transformable (and in my opinion, a transformable VF0 kit wouldn't contain more than 2 times the number of parts of a non-transformable VF0, so the price would only have to be doubled...)

Anyway, I would prefer a rather "brittle" (even VERY brittle) and gorgeous transformable kit to a "surdy" more expansive and not-so-realistic yammie...

post-5-1116978376.jpg

post-5-1116985867.jpg

post-5-1116985944.jpg

post-5-1116985990.jpg

Well, we should thank Alpha HX, for it is he who first posted the pics :rolleyes:

Maybe the kitbasher used some parts from the Bandai/Arii VF1 transformable kit? Or from the Hase VF1 battroid kit?

Dunno... but it's one of the best conversions ever :p

Edited by Skypoet

awesome piece of engineering and artwork. i generally don't care for transformable models because usually their esthetics have to be compromised (look at the SHE macross, getter robots, or those gogaigar kits. it's an amazing feat to render them transformable, but they never look as good as their static counterparts). however if a beaut like this can be made...i'm all for it!!

Whoever made those things must be doing it as a full-time job. It seems unlikely that one could do all of that in their spare time after work.

Really neat stuff.

... once I'm done with it Hase will release one. :rolleyes:

It's not nice to tease ... :D

This is cruel from him! Moderators! That guy is meeeeaaaaan!

Wait... is that true? Would Hasegawa even think about doing transformable kits?

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't release all of the VF's in Gerwalk. Think about it. VF-1S, 1J, 1A. Super, Strike, Limited edition D. Then all the Macross Zero and Plus. Clear version, special coating, decals special ones. Then the re-releases.

Yes I am half joking about the last part BUT you know you and I would buy these kits. For box art, to keep or to build.

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't release all of the VF's in Gerwalk. Think about it. VF-1S, 1J, 1A. Super, Strike, Limited edition D. Then all the Macross Zero and Plus.  Clear version, special coating, decals special ones. Then the re-releases.

Yes I am half joking about the last part BUT you know you and I would buy these kits.  For box art, to keep or to build.

Actually if you think about what parts are used in the Battroid and Fighter models; they would only need to make probably one more tree of parts to be able to create a Gerwalk kit. The legs and arms would come from the Battroid and the fuselage and wings would come from the fighter kit. I know it is expensive to make molds for new parts, but hey could release those parts by themselves and force us to buy an additional Battroid and Fighter kit to complete it. It would be more work if they wanted to make a transformable kit, but I don't think a regular kit would be that difficult.

Edited by agass4u

Wow! fantastic weathering on the grey blue scheme!! Thanks so much for sharing, definitely will file it for reference if I ever get around to mine :p

The person who built this has some other photos up here:

PHOTOS

Some of those kits pictured were actually sold on Yahoo Japan a few months back.

Wow! Unbelievable!!!!! Too bad I stopped learning Japanese! I'd be better able to search for photos of kitbashes on japanese websites!

These are the coolest models I have ever seen in my life :huh: e.I dream of having a couple of these on my shelf when I´m like 60 . So all these models are made by the same guy? Judging from the style o painting/weathering etc I´d say this is definitely the case. But how can he build them so fast? I´d be glad to finish one of these within half a year :( ..

GREAT!!!!

Still, I´d rather have 3 different modes of the same model instead of one transforming model. I want to look at all three modes at once!! And I would hate to have scratches or chipping on a paint job like this ;)