Next trivia question:

What does a "Leech" missile do?

IIRC, it's a missile that penetrates, instead of exploding, and emits a non-lethal sonic attack. It was used in the episode where some baddie brought down Santini (and some runaway/stowaway kid) in his helicopter, so he could be used as bait to capture Airwolf.

IIRC, it's a missile that penetrates, instead of exploding, and emits a non-lethal sonic attack. It was used in the episode where some baddie brought down Santini (and some runaway/stowaway kid) in his helicopter, so he could be used as bait to capture Airwolf.

You're right about the description, but the baddie used a different method. Instead of a sonic attack, the Leech missile emitted gas aboard the Airwolf's cockpit.

My wife is always bugged out about that too, >EXO<... she calls it "gimpy-eye" and refuses to look at Melissa Joan Hart because of it.

Nah, Melissa Joan Hart has a lazy eye, you know, where one lid halfway closes when you are taking pictures and such. The person who has it is not even aware of it. Now Shannon Doherty, one of her eyes is lower on her head than the other. It is really obvious if you have seen some of her work in the early days of Maxim. It will definitely freak you out.

A7, why do you put the names of the titles you review in katakana even if they aren't Japanese?

I'm assuming he uses the katakana because it's used on the show's credits when it aired in Japan. You would be surprised how many American shows have Japanese titles. I think it fits his reviews rather well, considering this is a forum brought about by a Japanese animated series.

That show rocked! Though I think some of that stuff is cheesey now, I enjoy watching any chance I can. I'll look into getting that DVD set!

• 1 year later...
  • 14 years later...

This is what they should have released back in the mid to late 80's.    I wouldn't call this a masterpiece now,   as this does not meet the bar.     I am sure anyone with some even elementary model skills could put a little spit shine on this and make it look better.          But TBH even if it was a "masterpiece" I still would pass,  8 or 9 year old me would love it,  43 year old me is like meh.

The guy should have titled it as a toy and not a masterpiece.  It’s a functional toy and not a fine scale replica.  It would be equivalent to 1/18 scale GI Joe and Star Wars toys but the price is insane.

Edited by sh9000

That's pretty bad.  Not sure why the tail is removeable as a gimmick, it's not like there is any additional detail.  The guns, launchers and engine don't appear to be painted, just solid block of 3d print.  The way the removeable canopy comes off, you'd think for $450, the doors would open properly.  Sliding seats.....I'm out if they don't recline and aren't heated.

This thing should cost no more than $75 USD.  I'm not even sure I'd pay that much considering the gaping seam lines (which aren't even in the right places).

The comments baffle me.  I can't believe there are people that think this is awesome.

1 hour ago, peter said:

That's pretty bad.  Not sure why the tail is removeable as a gimmick, it's not like there is any additional detail.  The guns, launchers and engine don't appear to be painted, just solid block of 3d print.  The way the removeable canopy comes off, you'd think for $450, the doors would open properly.  Sliding seats.....I'm out if they don't recline and aren't heated.

This thing should cost no more than $75 USD.  I'm not even sure I'd pay that much considering the gaping seam lines (which aren't even in the right places).

The comments baffle me.  I can't believe there are people that think this is awesome.

If this was being made by a bigtime company like Hasbro, I'd agree. But, since it's a fan creation (AFAIK), with a (likely) very limited run, I guess the price isn't surprising.

Given that a toy company like Hasbro or Mattel does not have an Airwolf toy in the works, I suppose there are folks out there desperate enough to want one and is willing to pay the price.

Me? No. Not my area of collecting.

Edited by Vifam7

5 hours ago, Thom said:

Well worth the cheers! Gawdamn!! And just listen to that thing.

@sqidd So about the same cost as the toy..? Hm, I wonder which one I would buy?😉

I did some search and that gigantic 1/5 Airwolf RC complete set almost cost around $15K USD. :shok: From RCHelicopterFun:

Vario offers several different mechanic options for their big Airwolf fuselage depending on what model turbine engine you choose for it. Fuselage cost is in the $3000 USD range, mechanics costs also in the $3000 range, and turbine engine costs in the $3000 range as well.

Add in electronics, rotor head & swashplate, rotor blades, turbine fuel systems, scale heli jet exhaust system, other mechanical bits, and a seemingly endless list of additional scale options, and it would not be too difficult to see the finished flying costs climb upwards of $15K USD. 

I'll be honest though, as much as I loved Airwolf as a kid, I preferred Blue Thunder. 

There is something about that utilitarian military look, repurposed for urban law enforcement, lol! 

Sorry, I know this is the Arirwolf thread :D