Rogue Squadron 3 delayed!!!!!

Macross_Fanboy

I went down to EB Games today with my friend expecting to pick up Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3: Rebel Strike only to be told that it comes out on the 22nd of next month! That's nearly one month! 29 days to be exact, and what's more is that those bastards at EB won't give me the bonus disc until the game is out so I asked for a refund and went across the street to Gamestop. They didn't have any bonus discs since reserves for Rebel Strike were surprisingly high. If you're a GCN owner who's waited for this game and is angry, welcome to the club.

I hope the delays were so they can make the game better than it already probably is! I was looking forward to coming home and plopping down on the couch and turning on the GCN and HDTV today. Hopefully the bonus disc's demo of The Battle of Hoth and the classic Star Wars Atari game will keep me entertained, and then there's always Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. I'd choke that Julian Eggbrecht. <_<

What's up with the delay? Maybe this price plummet has something to do with it, although you'd think that they would've wanted the 'Cube to drop the same day Rogue Squadron came out......

Perhaps. I know this is a silly possibility, but, what if the cargo plane with the shipments of the games crashed? LOL! But I think maybe they discovered a major glitch or they went back to pack more stuff into the N-Rom. But this still blows because I was going to have friends come over and play, the Force is not with them when it comes to flying down the Death Star's trench.

Hold on just a minute, just so nobody get's confused, the Best Star Wars games are still the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series. That's not to say Rogue Squadron isn't cool and all, but not as much substance as everyone's favourite Star Wars flight sim.

Hope Rogue Squadron III isn't delayed too long, but I doubt it's at all related to the price drop. In fact, the price drop helps game developers immensly. A cheap console is one more reason for people to play their game. More than likely it has to do with some sort of production delay.

Hold on just a minute, just so nobody get's confused, the Best Star Wars games are still the X-Wing and TIE Fighter series. That's not to say Rogue Squadron isn't cool and all, but not as much substance as everyone's favourite Star Wars flight sim.

Errr...

The best is still the original Atari arcade game.

Recently, EB stopped its policy of giving away preorder items because it became to common where people would put down $5 to preorder a game, get the game cd, or lightsaber or tshirt, etc. and then just cancel the preorder.

Our EB ran out of those preorder discs less than a week after we got them...

Hope Rogue Squadron III isn't delayed too long, but I doubt it's at all related to the price drop. In fact, the price drop helps game developers immensly. A cheap console is one more reason for people to play their game. More than likely it has to do with some sort of production delay.

I don't think some have played the mastery of X-Wing and Tie Fighter... They're some of the best space flight sims ever.

I for one am glad for the delay.

Why?

Simple. I'd rather wait for a perfect product than get an early product full of bugs. I can wait another month.

What's the deal with Rogue Squadron only being released for the Game Cube? I really want a copy for my PS2 :(

edit: my fat fingers hit the wrong key...

Edited by vf1_soulja

What's the deal with Rogue Squadron only being released for the Game Cube? I really want a copy for my PS@ :(

Why?Because the PS2 cannot handle those graphics. Heck... not even the Xbox could, and thats a fact. B)

As for the best Star Wars game..... X-Wing Alliance is the best SW game to date.

As for Rogue Leader 2..... I just hope it had more substance then the first RL. The first one was a great looking game, but it lacked levels. :unsure:

As for the best Star Wars game..... X-Wing Alliance is the best SW game to date.

True, true...

But damn, wouldn't it be nice to have the Tie Fighter storyline in the XWA engine?

Oh, BTW, does anybody knows why they changed the design of the Missile Boat so much? (Defender of the Empire had a kinda streamlined, eaglebeak looking one, everything else had a WAY blockier one. And no, it's not because XWA meshes were sucky).

Yeah, it has the old Atari game on it, but they fixed it up a bit. And Abombz is right about the PS2 not being able to handle it. The missions from Rogue Squadron 2 are on 3 but this time it's coop and you've got two highly detailed Star Destroyers (same one) showing up on a split screen, four if the Battle of Endor from Rogue Squadron 2 is playable too, no easy feat to accomplish on a dated system like the PS2, and the bane of the developers' existence to try and get that in there :blink: . However, I think Xbox could handle it, but then PS2 and Xbox both have Jedi Starfighter and Starfighter, which aren't as good as the Rogue Squadron games or X-Wing games, but enjoyable nonetheless. And think about this: How come GCN has crappy air combat sims...er SIM...Top Gun Combat Zones! Argh! I'd love to see Airforce Delta Storm, Lock-On, or Ace Air Combat available for Nintendo's pre-school lunch box! :( The reason why Rogue Squadron 3 would be the best Star Wars game would be because you do things that haven't been done...EVER! But I do agree that X-Wing Alliance is the best out there right now, I loved the Azameens' story, the Battle of Endor was nicely done unlike in Rogue Squadron 2, but they're going back to fix it in Rogue Squadron 3, so you will be able to see the Executor, and not a poor looking one I hope. But the ATI videocard in the GCN is superior to the Nvidia videocard that Xbox has and whatever the PS2 has in it. Also the GCN has one major advantage that the PS2 and Xbox don't have, and that is GBA-GCN interconnectivity. You can hook up your GBA to your GCN to assign orders to wingmen in Rogue Squadron 3. A multiplayer feature I think. It's on the game's official website. One reason why Splinter Cell for GCN rocked even more than the Xbox version of Splinter Cell.

And actually I think they have a policy where you can't cancel a pre-order if there is a special promotional gift anymore, provided that you already recieved the promotional item. But I just decided to leave EB Games for good, service is crappy and I don't like the employees, at least in my location <_< . But in Gamestop everything is all good (except they card you for M-rated games), friendly service and you can talk to the employees about anything as long as it's about games. :)

Um...was this thread moved to Other Anime or Science Fiction? Because I could have sworn that it was on Games... :blink:

Actually... Factor 5 explained why the Xbox and the PS2 couldn't handle the game. It had something to do with the GC being able to handle far more layers of texture then the Xbox and the PS2 could. Porting the game would mean slightly downgrading the graphics and removing progressive scan capability.

P.S. It was moved because the games section is for Macross games only.

I just finished watching a couple of trailers of the game from IGN and the Battle of Endor will feature 4 Star Destroyers. And the imperfections that I would like to see fixed are that Wedge doesn't sound like Wedge, Admiral Ackbar doesn't sound like Admiral Ackbar, and Emperor Palpatine in some of the new cinemas doesn't sound like Emperor Palpatine. And in the Endor clip I saw one of the pilots said, "Copy that Rogue Leader." It's supposed to be RED LEADER! But it looks real purdy... :rolleyes:

True, true...

But damn, wouldn't it be nice to have the Tie Fighter storyline in the XWA engine?

Oh, BTW, does anybody knows why they changed the design of the Missile Boat so much? (Defender of the Empire had a kinda streamlined, eaglebeak looking one, everything else had a WAY blockier one. And no, it's not because XWA meshes were sucky).

Actually, I don't think there was really any reason why they changed the Missile boat. But, yes, the models in XWA are absolutely craptactular. The engine is capable of much more. If you miss that old missile boat though, go to www.xwaupgrade.com They're replacing all the stock models with beautiful works of art.. and the missile boat is back to its old design.

Actually... Factor 5 explained why the Xbox and the PS2 couldn't handle the game. It had something to do with the GC being able to handle far more layers of texture then the Xbox and the PS2 could

THere's one other aspect to this. Nintendo has long had a tradition of "exclusive" Star Wars games on consoles going all the way back to the SNES. Part of their marketing strategy, I've always assumed. It's been frustrating as hell for SW gamers like me who just wanted to play Shadows of the Empire or Rogue Squadron without having to buy a Nintendo just to do so.

Of course, now that Gamecubes are selling for $140 Cdn I may just pick one up to play Rogue Squadron III. :D

Actually... Factor 5 explained why the Xbox and the PS2 couldn't handle the game. It had something to do with the GC being able to handle far more layers of texture then the Xbox and the PS2 could

THere's one other aspect to this. Nintendo has long had a tradition of "exclusive" Star Wars games on consoles going all the way back to the SNES. Part of their marketing strategy, I've always assumed. It's been frustrating as hell for SW gamers like me who just wanted to play Shadows of the Empire or Rogue Squadron without having to buy a Nintendo just to do so.

Of course, now that Gamecubes are selling for $140 Cdn I may just pick one up to play Rogue Squadron III. :D

Err.... Bsu? Both of those game you just mentioned got a PC version just a few months after the N64 version was released.

In fact... I think Shadows was released simultaniously on PC and N64. :unsure:

That's why I said that they were console exclusives. :D And AFIK, the PC edition of Shadows was actually a couple of years after the N64 version. But of course nowadays, they're released almost simultaneously. Or at least within a few months of each other.

Get a console damnit!! If you are a SW fan... you owe it to yourself. :lol:

Specially... since good SW PC games are few and far between. <_<

Why're you so upset about the delay? If it was supposed to come out in early September and got pushed back, I'd be more understanding since September was a crap month for games. But c'mon! We've got just over a week until Viewtiful Joe (I've had the pleasure of playing it, and it's really as good as the magazines are saying), plus that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is looking pretty sweet to us fans of the old-school Ninja Turtles games.

On top of that, if you're a multiplatform gamer like me, there's also Megaman Zero 2 for GBA, plus Megaman X7 on PS2. Then shortly thereafter, Castlevania (PS2), Double Dragon (GBA), Ninja Gaiden (Xbox), Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2), Need For Speed Underground, Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space, Sonic Heroes... there's actually a ton of games coming out between now and Christmas that I want... to be honest, I think I'm gonna pass over Rogue Squadron III.