• Matrix Online
    • Everquest 2
    • Guild Wars
    • City of Heroes
    • Everquest
    • Dark Age of Chamelot
    • Ultima Online

World of Warcraft/Ner'Zhul - Millia 60 Undead Rogue

I am pleased that I finally got her a Barman Shanker (A dagger that looks like a broken beer bottle) :)

I played COH for a while too. That game was badass. I'm gonna go back probably after I burn out on WoW... if ever.

That Barman Shanker must look sweet! I'd like to see a screen of it.

I've got quite a few toons in WoW but my main is a LvL 47 Night Elf Hunter on Argent Dawn. I just picked up the Ravager from Herod in the Scarlet Monastery, sweet arse axe!

Sweet...didnt know they were making a D&D online game...I played some of the Forgotten Realms games, Neverwinter Nights, be cool to see an mmorpg for D&D. To finally be able to play a drow! That alone will make the game awesome!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Stormreach

Well I was playing Everquest 2 till I canceled my account last night. Just not feeling it even though this was my second time giving it a chance. Oh well. No other MMORPG seems to get me interested. Either I don't want to spend the money to upgrade my system(really I just need more ram) or the gameplay is boring. EQ2's structure just felt bland. I had more fun in the cities doing quest back and forth then I did hunting. They finally got the quest part of Evequest right but everything else kinda falls apart. I'd love to just quest 100% of the time and never have to life a sword. Maybe even puzzle type quest but I doubt we'll ever see a MMORPG like that.

So for the time being I'm going back to Anarchy Online with my free account(the one playable till Jan 2006. The original game is still the best, include notum wars as well. If only they could undo Shadowlands. The original AO, Notum Wars, and Alien Invasion are great but it's the Shadowlands expansion that kills that game. It's more fantasy then scifi due to it.

Eve Online was fun but not worth the price per month I feel. I don't think any of these games are worth $15 a month. Even EQ1's price has increase and that's just looks like a way to force peopel to buy the All Access price which is $20 for all the games but for just one game you spend $15. So when you get the All Access price you are going to want to go out and buy the games and their expansions so you get your money's worth, or at least you think you are, but end up spending even more on the games itself.

Smart idea by SOE, greedy and shady no doubt, but smart.

Edited by Effect

SOE...greedy and shady? <_< There's a understatement if I ever heard one. They completely destroyed SWG with the CU, sad really b.c I played it since beta and over the coarse of almost 2 years I witnessed the game's slow demise. Now they launched the Wookie Rage Expansion while still not getting the CU bugs taken care of. SWG the released game thats really still a working beta lol... At least Blizzard has done so far a superb job with WoW.

Edited by Zor Primus

Tabula Rasa just had a major facelift. I'm really liking the new direction as well. Went from a fantasy/scifi hybrid to a more Anarchy Online type of Scifi game. The Lost Eden expansion for Anarchy Online is also suppose to add mechs to the game that you can pilot. If they could only undo Shadowlands or make a server that doesn't include it.

WoW - Edwin, level 49 Paladin, Doomhammer realm.

I used to be on FFXI before I got "converted" to WoW. I'm pretty sure I'll be on Phantasy Star Universe once it comes out, too.

I played LOTS of EQ. Over about 4 years I managed to accumlate 300 days played on a Bard, another 300 on a Druid, and still had time ot get a 3rd Wizard to lv 65. I was crazy!

Then it was FFXI for about a year. Beautiful anime graphics and fantastic music was the big draw, and the whole cutesy Japanese feeling of the whole thing. It was great at first, but as the game ground, you began to see how primative the gaming engine was. Light years behind EQ in terms of abilities and the sophistication of the end-game encounters. Well, not light-years, just 5 years (EQ has been around since 1999)

Now a days its WOW. Great game... FANTASTIC graphics. "Cartoony" but extremely detailed. The amount of work they put into the world & terrain is just astonishing and will impress anyone if they look past any issues they have with the artistic style. Game play is nice too, and you really rewarded for putting time into the game. Runs great on any PC hardware too (big difference from EQ1 & 2)

I'm not into PC games in general, and morally opposed to paying $50 for a game that I have to pay to play.

That said, I've been thinking about Guild Wars. People are telling me that WoW is better, but Guild Wars is also supposed to be pretty good... and free to play.

From what I have heard from the one of the Dev interveiws today for GW the next one they are working on is gonna be bid and may be cheaper than the intial purchase of the game. But I will keep my ears open and pass along info as i get it B)) But since the game just came out they are also still on the drawing boards.

Edited by Goshawk

Has anything changed in FFXI? Different interface, more areas, maybe instance zones to make more room for hunting, etc?

Same interface, some more areas, less xp to lvl after 50. That's about it.

i used to play to progressquest, it s free and so adictive.

it s better than all others rpgs, i ll make a new character and play again :rolleyes:

Played UO from beta through about six months.

Played Asheron's Call through the beta.

Played SWG for about six months.

Played WoW from beta until last night of beta.

I'm sort of burned out on the monthly fees thing. I understand the costs involved in maintaining servers all too well and realize that you do get some continual support, but my biggest peeve with monthly feels is that it compels you to play to get your money's worth and the game becomes less fun and more a chore (I remember asking a girl out and then setting the time so I had time to get home, shower, get dressed, and quickly run through my SWG harvestors not because I was addicted, but because A) if I didn't, there would be a chance would would stop functioning and B) I needed to feel like I had accomplished something with my $.50 worth month fee for that day). That's sad.

LOVE Guild Wars currently. No monthly fee and non-persistent world means I can come and go when I wish. Granted, it means GW is more a very (and I mean VERY) pretty Diablo than a real MMORPG and I DO really miss the community that a more traditional MMORPG developes, but it's nice not having to feel forced. My friends and I just play whenever we feel like. We can run through missions at our leisure (has allowed my one friend's wife to play with us since we don't have to worry about PKing, camping, loot stealing or anything like that). Very relaxing, very fun...and that's what a game should be.

YAY Guild Wars! So far a I love it! It's my first MMORPG or whatever you call it and I'm a little confused about the game style... and i hear this one is different from others... so you get to see absolutely no Players in the outside world? unless they are in your party that is, right?

~Tico

PS> Known as Ticorix Chileno in GW.

Edited by Tico0001