Yamato 1/48 VF-1S Roy & Toynami MPC's

dad of twin boys

eh, it actually happens a lot. someone rediscovers their love for macross/robotech, they open an ebay acct., catch auction fever, realizes how much he actually spent, then breaks down and start selling everything. its happened to many of members here.

either that or he had a extra roy lying around and hes dumping the MPC's cause he realized it was the worst toy purchase ever made.

Ain't that the truth...

Still I am obligated to keep my VF-1S Roy MPC (it's a gift from my wife). It was the first valkyrie she ever bought me. Also I still think it looks great (dodges flying stones).

I have only taken it out once, transformed it once and placed it back in the respective boxes. I do enjoy it, it reminds me of where it all began for me...from RT...then to MACROSS FOREVER.

The Battlepod toy from the 80s Matchbox line really isn't bad. By no means is it great but considering some of the garbage that got released along side of it I think it's stands out as one of the better items. The Officer's Pod is also pretty nice. The male power armors on the other hand... well, let's just say they don't stand out so much.

the battlepod looks pretty crap....if you want a good battlepod i'd suggest the 1/72 that's being sold in the model forum now. with a little work it won't be hard to get some articulation into the legs if you absolutely want it.