Looking For Super Spacefortress Macross

If you don't mind spending a bit of cash and are close to a Japanese bookstore (Kinokuniya or Asashiya) you can ask them to special order it. It's not subtitled, but Hurin in another thread on this forum has set up some excellent subtitles for the disc.

But I'm looking for the english dubb of Do You Remember Love. As I recall it was released under the title "Super Spacefortress Macross" and then edited down and released in America as "Clash of the Bionoids." I have the japanese language/ english subtitled version already.

But I'm looking for the english dubb of Do You Remember Love. As I recall it was released under the title "Super Spacefortress Macross" and then edited down and released in America as "Clash of the Bionoids." I have the japanese language/ english subtitled version already.

Try Here

Yeah I like the dub too, despite tons of mistakes... I have 2 copies on VHS. You are never going to find it now... Its been out of production for years. Maybe try ebay.

The one linked to on the rightstuf page is definately the one you want, though whether they'd still be able to get a copy is another matter entirely. Try amazon too.

Okay, that's kind of what I thought, and I could have sworn that the MW video page used to agree.

I know the one your talking about, I have a bad copy of it, i got from a friend. The audio quality on mine sucks, but i have watched it. It is letterbox, it was dubbed to help Japanese kids learn English (its subbed in Japanese), Megazone 23 Part II got the same treatment, but the dubbing of Megazone was a lot better then this one. Some of what was translated was changed if you've seen a fansub, its quite interesting. Finding that is hard, any MW members in Japan or HK think you guys can find this or know some otaku who can?

Cruel Angel's Thesis

The version I'm looking for is totally letterboxed. It's pretty much Do You Remember Love but in English and with a title change.

Confusingly enough, the UK video release of "Clash of the Bionoids" by Kiseki in the 90s IS the SuperSpacefortress dub. It ISN'T CotB because it is not cropped or cut in any way, but it is still dubbed. So you can just get that.

If you want a non-PAL version, though, you'll have to track down the Japanese VHS or Laserdisc. It's out there somewhere but it's really rare. In fact, I saw it in a video rental store in Osaka, but never in any second hand shops or anything.

What Renato wrote above is supported by the fact that the Kiseki dub and sub both say "Running Time 110 minutes" on the back. But the MW page says the dub has been edited for content. I hope someone reads this who has the power to make the correction.

If you're desperate, you could produce your own letterboxed dub by digitizing the audio from the Kiseki CotB or the American Super Space Fortress Macross, then mastering a new DVD based on the FX Perfect edition or the original Bandai. Just add another audio track.

If you're desperate, you could produce your own letterboxed dub by digitizing the audio from the Kiseki CotB or the American Super Space Fortress Macross, then mastering a new DVD based on the FX Perfect edition or the original Bandai. Just add another audio track.

Hmmmm. . . ;)

If anyone ever finds a DVD or VHS copy with all the dialogue, let me know. :o

I used to own that copy too; twice as a matter of fact. Both times they were copyed straight from laser disc. That's the holy grail of Macross videos. You should look for the Best Film & Video Corp. copy. It's not letterbox but it's not cut up like COTB.