Gundam Ms igLoo

Hmm... what about running Windows inside of your Mac, and then using VLC viewer in there to look at the .mkv files?

I don't own a Mac, but from what I know, you can run WinXP inside of the latest Mac O/S.

Just a thought... ^_^

Yeah, but you have to have WinXP, which most Mac users don't want to pay for.

I just want to know what the benefits of .mkv truly are over other more established mediums? The first thing I ever had for .mkv was a fansub of the Appleseed movie and VLC plays that just fine. Igloo Ep1 played fine as well but no other release has worked at all for me. VLC keeps crashing, or won't play the subtitles, or freezes up. I haven't seen anything past Ep2... :wacko:

I just want to know what the benefits of .mkv truly are over other more established mediums? The first thing I ever had for .mkv was a fansub of the Appleseed movie and VLC plays that just fine. Igloo Ep1 played fine as well but no other release has worked at all for me. VLC keeps crashing, or won't play the subtitles, or freezes up. I haven't seen anything past Ep2... :wacko:

Generally, I think mkv files are used for the benefit of the subbers who are too lazy to encode their episodes and render subtitles into them. So they just dump the .srt file with the raw, and change it into .mkv (which is a container format) and voila, instant sub titled anime.

• 2 weeks later...

I think with apocalyse episode 3 , the igloo series ends. I can't treat Igloo as a serious UC series as it seems to make fun of its cast, the 603, and how its such an ill fated ship. Watching it makes me feel like laughing and getting depressed at the same time. :lol:

And the funny CGI facial expressions are nowhere near Final Fantasy quality. :lol:

While i wasn't looking , Apocalpse episode 2 came out a few months ago and just yesterday, episode 3.

I know what you mean. I wound up watching episode three thinking I'd already seen two. I saw von Kuspen and thought, "who the heck is that guy?" "What's up with Monique?". I can't say that's really happened before.

I still haven't gotten around to two. :rolleyes:

You should use the combined community codec pak, http://www.cccp-project.net/ no problems with .mkv files until now.

• 2 months later...

I thought MS Igloo was a good show. The story was good and it gives a sort of realistic setting to Gundam, though the 0079 era seems to be over used now. It also shows you can make a good show without having a gundam in it.

By the way, in episode six, the fleet that was retreating, do you think that could be the Delaz fleet in 0083?

That has been confirmed as the Delaz Fleet. Sort of a way of saying, "without igLoo, Stardust Memories would not have happened".

I suspected it was the Delaz fleet cause i heard the director also done 0083, so i thought he'd put something in to promote his other show.

So does this mean the 603 technical unit followed the Delaz fleet into hiding?

• 3 weeks later...

I watched all 6 episodes of MS igloo last night. I must say that I found this to be one of the most enjoyable of all of the animated Gundam series. The thing that strikes me most about the UC Gundam series is its ability to portray both sides of the One Year War. During the episode with the Mobile Diver, I wanted the Zeon to destroy the launching Salamis and Magellans. I was frustrated by the constant sense of defeat that the crew of the 603 and Jountheim must have felt, and I wanted for them to finally have some success. It was also cool to see the colony and the Zeon fleet on their way to perform Operation British.

I watched all 6 episodes of MS igloo last night. I must say that I found this to be one of the most enjoyable of all of the animated Gundam series. The thing that strikes me most about the UC Gundam series is its ability to portray both sides of the One Year War. During the episode with the Mobile Diver, I wanted the Zeon to destroy the launching Salamis and Magellans. I was frustrated by the constant sense of defeat that the crew of the 603 and Jountheim must have felt, and I wanted for them to finally have some success. It was also cool to see the colony and the Zeon fleet on their way to perform Operation British.

Yeah, definitely one of the best UC stories, though the 0079 era seems to be over used, it still shows great stories can still be made. Its also great seeing old mobile suits and ships from the first gundam show brought to life in CG in a realistic manner.

Well, I've found a place for the entire series that was re-encoded to .avi files. They're also direct DL through Megaupload, too.

Still a tiny bit skippy through my VLC, but at least I can watch the damn things now!

MS IGLOO: The Hidden One-Year War Avi Encodes (1-3 Out)

MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 Avi Encodes (1-3 Out)

Well, I've found a place for the entire series that was re-encoded to .avi files. They're also direct DL through Megaupload, too.

Still a tiny bit skippy through my VLC, but at least I can watch the damn things now!

MS IGLOO: The Hidden One-Year War Avi Encodes (1-3 Out)

MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 Avi Encodes (1-3 Out)

Darn, it request me to download the Megaupload toolbar. The mkv format sucks, all I got is a slideshow (I tried everything, CCCP pack, mp classic).

I manage to watch episode 1 at youtube before they remove it :p Now I need to watch the rest of them.

Darn, it request me to download the Megaupload toolbar. The mkv format sucks, all I got is a slideshow (I tried everything, CCCP pack, mp classic).

I manage to watch episode 1 at youtube before they remove it :p Now I need to watch the rest of them.

Does it not give you the option to not download the toolbar? Thats a bit sh*te then.

I've got the MKV version, its an annoying format, but i went to the MKV website and downloaded the codec pack there, and it enabled me to watch Igloo on windows media player 10.

Forgive my ignorance in this matter, but is this a new OVA series, or just some slapped-together video game clips? I ask because I see DVDs of MS Igloo on Ebay (1-6) and I never quite understood what it's supposed to be, or how long it is.

No video game cutscenes to be found here. Igloo is an all new, six part OVA. I don't know about he DVD on eBay (but I imagine they're typical engrish bootregs) but you can download fansubs of the first three episodes HERE and the next 3 episodes HERE. It's highly recommended viewing for any UC Gundam fan.