Group buy on a 1/48 scale resin model kit:

jorawar_b

Talked to Jeffrey, the postage will be as he quoted:

"Shipping cost will be rated by FedEX Ground (US Domestic) shipping.

Accordingly to your delivery address. So we wouldn't know until actual item has arrived." , " Kit will be shipping from San Francisco, California."

"That is the non G-System cast version without the box shown from photo.

Comes with the booklet and a full completed decal sheet. Vs. the basic G-System decal sheet. They offer the complete decal sheet as your would get from the original Club-M version. Which G-System had shorted that out."

Here are the pictures of the kit Jeffery sent me:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/trufantome/rb225e.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/trufantome/rb225a.jpg

So hopefully we can get 15 people together in order to get this kit.  I think that once we figure out how many people want the basic kit vs How many want the better kit, then we can go from there.

293397[/snapback]

Thoses pages are missing when I clicked on them it says this page could not be found I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.

VF-18s Hornet, that was some pictures from the hobby fan websit I had on my account I erased them because you can see the kit on their site.

Here is an update from Jeffery:

This is Jeffrey.

Henry is off on vacation thru the entire Labor Day weekend.

He will return Tuesday and give you updated status.

Base from my information about those 1/48 VF-1 Strike.

We have to different supplier whom can supplier us with your demand.

But

each supplier is offering a different price tag to it.

1st option. Cast by G-System. Which is the photo you are seeing now at

Hobbyfan.com I belive.

That will require a new retail price increase update even for the 15

sets

runs. Approximately 30-40 dollars more per kit.

Feature die cast landing gears. And a super clean casting works. If you

have

purchase G-System made kit before. You will know how clean their works

is.

Also a nice heavy duty box with color prints on cover. Decal and Metal

Sheet

part included. They will start production from a NEW, I mean NEW mold.

2nd option. Which is priced base from the currently listed pricing on

Hobbyfan.com. (plus the discount henry is offering of crouse).

This other company who can only provide us with limited sets of 7

currently.

Because the sillcon mold is still available. And that is the maximum

sets

quoted can be pulled from the exisiting mold. note: the landing gear is

cast

by some special harden resin (not Diecast). Base from my judement.

Their

cast work usually score a 7-8 out of 10 points from my book. Including

all

the metall sheet. and decals. Without a fanncy box though.

That is some of the information I have for your consideration until

Henry

returns.

Thank you,

Jeffrey

hobbyfan.com

So guys if they can get this, I would like go with the first option (extra money) . But if you get the cheaper kit, you can build it and not feel so bad as if you had an original and its easy ont he pocket book. please feel free to add your opinion's.

I have a feeling that the cheaper one will make more sense because first the discount and second your not worried about the kit and actually build it. And maybe we can find someone to recast the metal gear.

Edited by jorawar_b

What i meant is thats what you would have to save monthly there is no payment plan lol.  :D

325177[/snapback]

Eh you dont mind if thiers a delay on payment on my order do you??Cause momy keeps saying no :( ...

325026[/snapback]

Are you being serious about your mom? Cuz like damn

325210[/snapback]

Eh you dont mind if thiers a delay on payment on my order do you??Cause momy keeps saying no :( ...

325026[/snapback]

Are you being serious about your mom? Cuz like damn

325210[/snapback]

Dude, he's like 15, so he says, but still.

325253[/snapback]

Yes as you can see I'm in hell :( . But what you mean by paying monthly is a good idea if production starts next month somewhere around thier I can make a deposite, and since Im getting a Work permit I would get my check around maybe the start of October or end of September so its all good :p:lol: Back to the topic if I had some time I would go with option 1 on a a new mold with a box and etc.

Sorry if the quoting is jacked up I cant seem to get it right for some reason.

Edited by Dean

Do you have any other models? Like the Hasegawa ones? I can't understand why if you're a beginning modeler why'd you'd want to spend so much on such an advanced model. Start with something a little more simple.

GO with option B company. The gear may be resin but there are fewer shrinkage issues. The G SYSTEM ONE IS THE ONE WITH THE WONKY LEG! Dont give up good fit for the sake of metal landing gear. The resin gear is more than up to the task of supporting the weight. Id rather have better fit overall than wonky legs and metal landing gear.

Man, this is starting to suck a little.

Pay more (option #1), much better quality, but possibly get a gimp leg Valk. So they say it's a new mold... but a mold of what? a recast? or an original Club-M kit? I don't mind paying more as long as it's made from an original. Would this eliminate the shrinkage? or is the problem the way G-Systems does the job?

Pay less (option #2), but get a slightly lesser quality cast, plus a limited number of kits available will be making some members very disappointed.

edit: spelling

Edited by Viceland

Do you have any other models?  Like the Hasegawa ones?  I can't understand why if you're a beginning modeler why'd you'd want to spend so much on such an advanced model.  Start with something a little more simple.

325279[/snapback]

I'm not a noobie modeler I built a few other models like Gundam and Patlabor most of my Gundam ones turned out fine but didnt last my Master Grade Patlabor was half good and I regreted building it...Im more than amateuar but Im still a noobie I got some good models done let it be this one. And like I said I was not going to start building this kit immediatly Im still working on other kits at the moment.

If we are going to go with Option 1 we need a orginal recast of the Club-M kit. But what about the gimped leg?

Edited by Dean

here is an update on the first kit option:

Jeffery do we still get the discount on the first kit, the G-systems?

"Hello Robert

Most likely we will not be able to get the G-system Version.

The requirement for G-system version is high, and they charge a premium

for

there products.

We can offer you the same discount for the G-system kit.

But the kit itself is about $40 more."

Henry

So do you guys want me to press him for the G-system or should we shoot for the cheaper kit? Your call guys, I would go with the cheaper system.

I have also asked him for an answer on the if the cheaper kit can be made asap.

I have no stake in this as i am not part of the purchase, but i just wanted stress how important it is to be sure that whatever option that you go with it is a necessity (IMO) that the recast be molded from an original Club M kit, i have had an opportunity to examine a Blackaces recast, a hobbyfan recast, a e2046 recast and an original CluB M kit, and all the recasts (the Blackaces was the best IMO) have enough shrinkage that if you have a recast of a recast it will be difficult to build the kit. Some of the parts are thin enough on the original that any 3rd gen casting will have the potenital to be paper thin.

Sorry to butt my nose it I just want you guys to get the best for your $.....if i am out of line i will edit my post.

mike

Id go with the cheaper one. I have built one from them and was not disappointed. The recast was good enough to be disassembled, stripped, reassembled and painted with no loss of detail. I seriously wouldnt worry about the resin landing gear guys its strong enough trust me.

Okay guys, we have good news and bad news.

They have only 6 kits on hold by the supplier. That is the good news,

The Bad news is that we have to figure out how to order these without making anyone mad.

So please let me know whats up, I do want one for myself, so that would leave 5 kits.

So if we went in order, correct me if I am wrong, it would be the following people to be fair:

1. Jorawar_b

2. THOR

3. totallyrobot

4. godane79

5. yman1437

6. Viceland

If anyone of the 6 change their minds please let me know. I just hope I do not hurt anyone, I have asked henry to see if they can order more.

If there are recasters please let me know so I can ask them, I heard HWR MKII, was the man to talk to....lol

Edited by jorawar_b

I will try to bargan with the other companies to see if they can get us more kits. I just e-mailed e2046 to see if they can get us more kits at the hobby fan discount. Also if there is anyone on MW that can recommend more sources please help, or maybe if someone has the original and would be willing to do a recaste it would also help out.

Edited by jorawar_b

Im the man to talk to about construction issues but i only know of the same 2 companies everyone else on here knows of. If anyone needs advice of help once they get into building one just send a PM or Email my way. Pics would help to describe the problem.

more good news and more bad news, here is th email from henry'

Hello Robert

Give me sometime to setup the link.

I will email you a coupon code along with the link to the product.

I have confirmation they only have 4 of them.

But will be producting the rest of the kits in about 2 months.

So it will be Xmas before you guys will receive them.

Is this ok?

This is for the Non-G-system version.

Henry

So I am assuming that he means the rest of the order, so for you guys who still want it at the discount price, I hope X-mas would be fine, by then we might get more people.

I did e-mail him to make sure.

Hey guy I need the following people to e-mail me at jorawar_b@yahoo.com.

1. Jorawar_b (2)

2. THOR

3. totallyrobot

4. godane79

5. yman1437

6. Viceland (2)

7. Dean

8. Ranger565

9. Jole727 (2)

10. Darklord4 (2)

I need to give you the group discount info or coupon and I need your e-mail address to give to henry to hold the kits for our 25% off.

And Dean, you just need to put a down payment and pay the rest off by X-mas....so don't worry to much....lol no disrespect to you. Thanks once again guys for helping the group buy get to this point.

Please e-mail me with all concerns so I can forward them to henry.

Here is another update:

These where the questioned asked:

1. I need to know if the recast is going to be molded

> from the original or the recast?

>

> 2. If it is recasted off of a recaste have will it

> have shrinkage, it will be difficult to build the kit

> if there is a lot of shrinkage. Some of the parts are

> thin enough on the original that any 3rd gen casting

> will have the potenital to be paper thin.

>

> 3. finally get into production remember to address the

> problem of the right leg pieces being shorter than the

> left leg and the left fastpack being shorter than the

> right

Here are you go from henry:

It is going to be mold from the original.

It will have some shirnkage, but not much.

It depends on the skill of the caster.

Even recast off a original, if the caster skill is not good.

There will be more shrinkage.

As for the question 3

Is this a known problem with the original kit?

Henry

Hope this will help joel, please guys feel free to ask more question before you send your money, I want everyone to be happy.

Henry said everyone in the group purchase needs to complete the order form with in one week, after that he will close the order section of the 1/48 kit.

Joel I will get on it asap.

326695[/snapback]

So... what about the %25 off coupon? We just order @ $251.10? Is that the discount? Shouldn't 25% off $279.00 be $209.25?? Or will he know from our email address?

Hey guys, for all group buy guys, I have given Henry the heads up, this is what you do.

1. Go to the www.hobbyfan.com

2. You must register your info with them, if you have bought fromt hem before, than its all good.

3. Find the 1/48 resin VF-1 kit

4. order the kit, then go to check out

5. Please make sure your mailing info is all 100%

6. Then the coupon code I have e-mailed you or will e-mail you once you contact me, you will put that into the box, from that and the list I gave Henry he will know you are the group buy guys. so that is 10% + 15% = for a total of 25% off the kit.

7. You have one week to order the kit, if you do not, then you will not get the 25% off, I was told by henry that 20% is required to put down on the kit and they will be ready around christmas.

8. if there is any questions please e-mail me ( jorawar_b@yahoo.com )or Henry at ( henry@hobbyfan.com ).

9. The group buy is pretty much closed because there will be enough kits for the guys who have put their names on the list, I don't know if henry will have more, but if there are a few people interested I will ask him.

just a heads up guys, Henry informed me that so far the total kits that have been ordered are 8? If its only 8, then we might only get the 4 he has, because the recast company will not do only 8 kits.

Please let me know who orderd and how many so I can track down the rest.

Edited by jorawar_b