Aliens Vs Predator 2: AvP Harder

http://chud.com/news/2795

Remember the tag line of Alien vs Predator - "Whoever wins, we lose?"

It has come true. The fairly awful film, representing a nadir for both franchises (and I realize that's a strong claim after Predator 2 and Alien: Resurrection) was successful enough to get a sequel. So while the R-rated individual monster series may be dead, we'll be able to get more PG-13 nonsense, maybe with some Limp Bizkit on the soundtrack this time.

Sci-Fi Wire caught up with Tom Rothman, 20th Century Fox co-chairman, at the Saturn Awards, and he confirmed a sequel.  "We will do another one of those for sure. It was a big success," he said, and then strangely added:  "In the new Alien vs. Predator they will finally actually really come to our world." Which sort of indicates to me that maybe he didn't see the first one.

Or maybe he just means we'll get Aliens and Predators in the streets of San Francisco.  "It's likely that we will bridge the gap, and the beginning of that will be setting it in our contemporary universe," said Rothman.

I hope they get Uwe Boll.

Well that's it. I officially give up hope of ever seeing a decent Alien or Predator film again in my lifetime. After Paul Anderson bent viewers over and pummeled their asses raw with his last installment, there were evidently enough fanboys in the audience who said "Thank you sir. May I have another?" to warrant a sequel. While most people here will likely share my disappointment at this news, I know for a fact that there's one or two of you reading who will be pumping your fist in the air and exclaiming "YES!!!11!" at this news. You know who you are. Therefore I will end this post with a very special message, just for you:

Die. I don't care how you do it, just die. Stop supporting garbage movies like this. Its because of weak-minded "I'll watch whatever they put in front of me" viewers like you that we'll never get to see the Alien 5 that Ridley Scott AND James Cameron were discussing together. Thanks for nothing, and I hope that someday the rest of us can return the favor.

Thank you Hollywood for continuing to f*ck up a great franchise. Let's all travel to the alternate universe, where the studios weren't complete idiots and Alien 5 by Cameron and Scott comes out next Friday (can you imagine how great that film would be?).

You know what I wanna see?

I wanna see BatmanVSJokerVSAlienVSPredator.....that student film was better than that AVP bs we got last year, and I'll NEVER touch that damn movie again, my hands are soiled enough as it is!

You have gotta be kidding me. For as huge a fas as I have been of both of the franchises, I was quite disappointed by AVP. However... I'm also optimistic enough to hope beyond hope that maybe this one MIGHT turn out a lot better... <_<

The only way this may turn out anywhere near decent is if, instead of placing the film's time frame in our present or near future, they make the film contemporary with the Aliens franchise or even further into the future. That way there would be a slight possibility of using mankind's knowledge of both the Predators and Xenomorphs existence as a relevant part of a "real" plot, as well as the hope that we could see the Colonial Marines in action again. However, given the dismal AVP movie, and the fact that this next installment will be it's sequel, I highly doubt we will get anything but PG-13 popcorn schlock.

I'm glad I haven't seen AVP yet. I'll probably wait until it makes it to broadcast TV before I waste my time, and money, on it...and the same will hold true for AVP2 unless most of the reviews warrant my attention.

PS: "Aliens 5" from Scott and Cameron would be like a dream come true; but, as long as the franchises are in the hands of bean counters and no-talent hacks, that will never happen. :(

You have gotta be kidding me. For as huge a fas as I have been of both of the franchises, I was quite disappointed by AVP. However... I'm also optimistic enough to hope beyond hope that maybe this one MIGHT turn out a lot better... <_<

You're one of those "glass is half full" kinda guys, aren't you? Don't give the ba----ds your hard earned money; they'll just line thier pockets and give you more crap. Don't take two bites to figure out they were trying to feed you a s--t sandwich...I personally swore off the series after that god awful "Resurrection" movie, and didn't bother with AVP. I don't care if Sanaa Lathan is in it (mmm mmm, that gal's scrump-dilly-iscious!), I still don't think it would've been worth it to sit through 90 minutes of crap on film

This was a sure thing. After that retarded ending, who wouldn't expect a sequel? :rolleyes:

I enjoyed AvP as a movie to watch with your brain turned off, you know, the same brain that constantly reminds you of how the movies were when the franchises were seperate? Yah, that one.

I wonder what kind of plans they have for this one... since the first one brain raped the mythos completly.

I finally saw AVP on DVD about a month ago. It was my friend's movie so I figured I could finally see what the dealio was and pass my judgement.

AVP to me wasn't as bad as some have made it to be. What it did was underwhelm me. Which is just as bad, I guess...

I thought, "That's it?"

After watching this, I got back into some real goodness. I popped in Aliens again. By coincidence, Predator came on the following night on TV.

The Movie Gods are in sorrow and felt my pain.

AVP sucked rhino testie sweat, i can only imagine how much more AVP2 would suck.

My take on AVP2

For those that remember from back in the day of Beavis & Butthead over here in the USA:

"Beavis, this sucks more than anything that has sucked before."

Two things for avp2 must have.

1. the lone survivor chick dies in the most horrible way

2. antarctica gets blown up causing earth to be knocked out of the solar orbit and flies into the sun.

Edited by Zentrandude

Disappointing news to say the least. I haven't enjoyed any Alien film beyond the first two by Scott and Cameron and Preadator still remains the best of it's particular franchise. AVP was a disaster IMO, but I'm proud to say that neither myself nor anyone else paid for me to see it. I definitely won't be watching the sequel of my own accord.

bsu legato I know it's frustrating to suffer the poor tastes of so many movie goers that spend their money on crap like AVP. But really, you must understand that most people don't really care about film. To most, it's disposable entertainment at best. I'm not saying this to sound elitist, but to the best of my knowledge I am the biggest film fan on this message board (my apologies to any fellow filmphiles on MW). I've watched a remarkable display of ignorance and lack of understanding toward film displayed here and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. I'd advise that you do what I do and simply don't let it get to you. People will watch what they want and rightly so. It's their choice.

I actually found a place that has the old AVP arcade game and was playing that the other day.

ahem...

I didn't mind AvP there wasn't a lot of substance but I mean it was okay enough for me to see it in the theaters twice... I mean it was just about Preds and Aliens fighting and it nothing else it delevered cool looking Aliens and cool looking Preds fighting.

And as an added plus it toned down the language... which both Aliens, Predator (and all previous AVP installments (aside from the games) were ripe with).

Batman V Joker V AVP? not going to happen

Terminator V AVP? Hey there's already a comic for that one

Robocop V Terminator V AVP? Yeah I could see it... it would suck but I could see it. (though I'd love a straight up movie adaptation of the Robocop V Terminator SNES game),

And you know the two Superman VS Aliens mini-series were pretty good (okay lets not go overboard here).

Edited by lord_breetai

2. antarctica gets blown up causing earth to be knocked out of the solar orbit and flies into the sun.

Well, see she did end the movie exposed in just a T-shirt and pants in sub zero temperatures, so she should be a popsicle...

Me, I think they should start out the sequel by backing up the footage on AVP about five minutes before the final fight, and let the predator make out with her like he wants to. There were at least four scenes where I expected the rediculous heroine to play kissy face with the predator, anyhow..... So they get nasty in one of those shacks that she should be freezing to death in, well naturally after she wins the day she flaps her wings and flutters back to civilization only to find that she has been impregnated by a predator warrior who was infucted with an alien embryo.

So, while the alien-predator is having whacky fun on the predator mothership, she crawls into a cardboard box in some alley in NYC and is magically cocooned into the box for some rapid pregnancy/metamorphosis.

Meanwhile, the Predators finally kill the Alien-Predator by going back to earth and kidnapping the most powerful combat creature in the universe the love child of post sex-change Jean Claude Van Damme and Arnold Schwarzanegger. He Pwn's the Alien/Predator in hand to hand combat and is crowned King of the Predators.

On Earth, some hoodlums break open the crysalis of the mountain climber heroine to find the Human-Alien-Predator bastard birth of the apocalypse, he proclaims that he is the omniscient ruler of the planet earth and begins to rampage through NYC killing every person or train in his path while impregnating homeless crack-heads with his mutant love.

The police can't stop it, the army can't stop it, and oh damn, the Predator's took the combat king, Bubba Van Damme Schwarzanegger! What will the earth do!@!

Sudden Bubba pulls up the Predator mothership and hops out with a cool Coors Light in each hand and proclaims "It's On!"

Crackheads all start chest bursting out angry midget aliens with birth defects and it all culminates in a slapfight showdown between Jean Claude Van Damme wearing a "World's Greatest Mom" apron and the reanimated corpse of Archie Bunker.

sniped!

Crackheads all start chest bursting out angry midget aliens with birth defects and it all culminates in a slapfight showdown between Jean Claude Van Damme wearing a "World's Greatest Mom" apron and the reanimated corpse of Archie Bunker.

you got quite the imagination there, you might want to seek some help for that. ;):p:lol:

sniped!

you got quite the imagination there, you might want to seek some help for that. ;):p:lol:

Still better then anything any hollywood writer has put up.

I hate humanity so much right now.....

sniped!

Still better then anything any hollywood writer has put up.

I hate humanity so much right now.....

yah :( Time to whip out my whooping stick and smack some hollywood infidels for making avp and planning to make its more uglier brother avp2.

I hate every chimp I see

From chimpan-A to chimpan-Z!

No you'll never make a monkey out of me!

Oops! I was wrong!

It was Earth all along!

Well you finally made a monkey...

(We finally made a monkey...)

YES! You finally made a monkey out of meeeeeeee!

I love you Dr. Zaius!

bsu legato I know it's frustrating to suffer the poor tastes of so many movie goers that spend their money on crap like AVP. But really, you must understand that most people don't really care about film. To most, it's disposable entertainment at best. I'm not saying this to sound elitist, but to the best of my knowledge I am the biggest film fan on this message board (my apologies to any fellow filmphiles on MW). I've watched a remarkable display of ignorance and lack of understanding toward film displayed here and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. I'd advise that you do what I do and simply don't let it get to you. People will watch what they want and rightly so. It's their choice.

You're absolutely right. We should just start a book club or something, because I don't see movies in general getting any better in the near future. <_<

I have been a huge Alien/Predator fan ever since I was five. I had always dreamed of an AVP movie. When they finally made one, I began to wish they hadn't. At least with a sequel, I hoped they would realize what went wrong with the first and do a better job. I guess this movie will be even worse than the first.

Why couldn't they have just adapted the comics or games into movies? At least they were entertaining.

[Hudson]What the F*** are we supposed to do now, huh? What are we supposed to do?[/Hudson]

Anyone know what cars the execs at Fox drive? I hope they paid a lot for them, because I have a key with thier names on it... ;)

However, I'm sure AVP could have been worse. Even though Alien3 sucked, I just think about how it could have turned out. Wooden planet (yes, I $h!t you not), monks, Ripley with freakish morning sickness and some elements from Ghadrack's idea.

BTW, Ghadrack, does the hospital know you've escaped?:D

yes.......