Light Saber

I got mine in the mail today!

Master Replicas Force FX Darth Vader Lightsaber

:D:D:D:D:D:D

What version, A New Hope or Empire Strikes Back?

Mine was vaguely inspired by the Vader saber in New Hope, but there really is no easy way to machine the damn shroud. I would love to make an Anakin from Episode II, EL blade and all.

I bought this Obi-wan saber in the early 90s. I am not sure how much it cost me but I know it was very expensive. Please, can anyone give more info about this saber? All I remember is that it was from those small advertisements from the sci-fi magazines. It said something like "the more realistic lightsaber blah blah blah". The saber holds 2AA batteries that turned on a small flashlight bulb that poorly iluminated a long transluscent blue stick. It was a good attempt of making a cool lightsaber at that time but I guess it is worthless now comparing to the master replicas. :(

saber.jpg

I don't care for the handler or licenced... what is the brightest lightsaber thing you can get out there and what is the average price?

i think park sabers has their new "duece" line of sabers which takes two nine volts and is supposedly brighter.

http://www.thesabervault.com/titlepage.html these are the guys I'm going to use I think....if not I'll use Star Wars main website.

that's fine for the FX line, but if you are planning on buying the limited editions, i would buy direct from MR so you can at least get the one year membership in case they offer specials.

The LE's are far to expensive for my taste. 300-600 dollars is enough to pay 1-3 months worth of Carpayments or 3-6 months of Car Insurance, or even a month of living fees if I owned a nice apartment.

But now that I know a few good places like Saber Vault, and Hyperspace itself, I feel cofident that I can atleast get 1 more FX before I call it quits....its hard finding a place for those things, I still haven't for my Vader.

I've ordered from the Saber Vault. Minis though, not an FX. But they seem to be among the few with an FX Anakin in stock at the moment...

I recently ordered mini ROTJ Luke from TRU/Amazon because Saber Vault just sold out, but just checking today them seem to have gotten Luke back in.

Edited by David Hingtgen

I've got one of these. Does that count? I was eating breakfast with my boys this morning and I had (what I think is) a great idea. Someone needs to take a couple of these and make a Darth Maul version with a spoon on one end and a fork on the other. Anyone here think they could make something like that? I'd LOVE to have one.

Carl

post-26-1117064551.jpg

Edited by wwwmwww

I've ordered from the Saber Vault. Minis though, not an FX. But they seem to be among the few with an FX Anakin in stock at the moment...

I'll have too check it out later...but they're product status says they'll get more in June, infact just about all sites even MR say more in at June.

You know I'd take one of them with me to Spokane......but....no I got a reputation to uphold with my family....well wait no I don't...*eats his cornflakes*

I got a reply from Saber Vault, they are out of all the FX sabers, but they're expecting a bigger shipment.

SV told me that they, along with many other retailers weren't expecting such a huge turn out for the Force FX sabers from ROTS movie so MR only gave them a small handful of what everyone ordered.

But hey June they said they'll get more of them, so June I shall get my Anakin.

I had the Darth Vader FX from MR before Ep.3 came out.

When I had the chance to check it out, it was great. Until I swing it around. The sound effects feel very delayed or it doesn't happen at all. The only time it works right is when you hit something with the "blade."

I would have returned it, but the package arrived just as I was leaving for 2 months for something work related. By the time I came back and checked it out, the warranty was no good.

Edited by Warmaker

I've got one of these. Does that count? I was eating breakfast with my boys this morning and I had (what I think is) a great idea. Someone needs to take a couple of these and make a Darth Maul version with a spoon on one end and a fork on the other. Anyone here think they could make something like that? I'd LOVE to have one.

Carl

OMG! That comes in a cereal box?!

*runs off to the grocery store*

I don't know what's nerdier... the fact that I post regularly in a forum for a 20+ year old Japanese cartoon, or the fact that I'm willing to buy and eat cereal to get the Star Wars spoon... :rolleyes:

I don't know what's nerdier... the fact that I post regularly in a forum for a 20+ year old Japanese cartoon, or the fact that I'm willing to buy and eat cereal to get the Star Wars spoon... :rolleyes:

Nothing nerdy about that. I bought junk food and Pepsi so I can have the freebie Lego Jedi Starfighter (which is pretty farting cool and well worth the junk food).

Nothing nerdy about that. I bought junk food and Pepsi so I can have the freebie Lego Jedi Starfighter (which is pretty farting cool and well worth the junk food).

Cool. I wasn't aware of that offer. I'm betting I'm probably too late to get in on it but do you have any pics of the freebie Lego Jedi Starfighter? I'm guessing it's not the same $40 something kit that is selling in stores... is it?

Carl

P.S. Just found this:

swlegopromo.jpg

Is that what you are talking about?

Edited by wwwmwww

T/I sold out pretty early--I snagged one though. :)

ARC-170 is plentiful.

For TRU (T/I and ARC) every store is different--some have them on clips, some in boxes, some on racks. Just look all around both the SW area and LEGO area of the store.

Also, you can buy the mini sets alone if you want at TRU.

The TRU in Ottawa were offering a miniset of Anikin's fighter with a $20 or more purchase of Star Wars Lego. Good enough reason for me to get the Tie-Fighter and the Clone Scout Walker.

And the ARC-170 set is HUGE.

I have a Darth Vader Hasbro Sith light saber. I'd like to get my hooks on one of them Masters Replicas though!

Edited by USMCBebop

I used to have some old light saber toys the ones that made swound as you swished them not by electronic means but by air moving through the blade and those blades didn't retract either but you could unscrew them... and it said STAR WARS in big letters on the hilt and didn't particularly look like anyones lightsaber (they came in green, red and I think blue though... we only got green and red ones though).

Been buying up .45 sabers again. ROTJ Luke should arrive tomorrow, trying to get an Ep 4 Obi-Wan for a decent price. Also plan to get an AOTC Hasbro Anakin, lightest and smallest of the ~$15 ones, twirls very nicely.

It's a shame that there's no Darth Sidious FX Lightsaber. I'd buy that in an instant.

*sigh*

I'm sure it's eventually on the way, hopefully, Obi-Wan's Ep. 2 and Yoda's FX are on their way as well, I was hoping to get a shorter one for my left hand.

I think MR is going to milk it for what it's worth. I was just on their site today and noticed that the Limited Edition Ep. 3 Yoda replicas aren't even listed anymore so I assume it's sold out. Seems people like Yoda...

There is a Parks EL version of Sidious' that someone made. no sound though. but unlike MR, you can duel with parks.

THIS GUY used to have it, but hasn't had one in the last 30 days, i know i saw him selling a sidious saber with el blade

DEFINITELY NOT THIS ONE