How many of you guys own a SDF-1 1/3000?

Clarkent

How many of you guys own a SDF-1 1/3000?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you guys own a SDF-1 1/3000?

• MatachBox
    • Bandai
    • Takatoku
    • Planning to get one.
    • Do not intend to get one

well i had one but sold it many moons ago.

i'm planning to get one if some other company puts out a new one. the taka's, matchbox, etc, just don't cut the mustard. i doubt it'll come to pass but i have my fingers crossed in the hopes of a new SDF-1 will be made.

Frankentsein'd matchbox here. Why hasn't anyone made a new SDF? Not enough variants for maximum return on investment?

thats a question for the ages. :huh:

i mean, they(i forget which company) made that battleship yamato with all the bells and whistles, so why not a SDF-1? who knows? maybe its secretly in the works?

Don't own one, my little brother had one, I think they are too bland looking and lack details. I would sell half my soul for a highly detailed SoC version like the space battleship Yamato. If Yamato toys ever decides to break out and do a nice big version of the DYRL version I will pay for one :)

The Taka/Matchbox is good enough for what it was back then. And the TV series SDF-1 wasn't as detailed anyway... Overall it is an excellent toy. If toynami made one, you guys would be able to appreciate the original more. :lol:

thats a question for the ages.  :huh:

i mean, they(i forget which company) made that battleship yamato with all the bells and whistles, so why not a SDF-1?  who knows?  maybe its secretly in the works?

that fancy-shmancy, battleship yamato you are referring to was the BPX-01 Soul of Popynica Yamato by Bandai.

rumor is, they are going to make a better version of the Yamato. so I guess Bandai could produce a very detailed SDF-1 if they wanted, but the question is, would they see enough profit potential in the japanese market to go through the whole process of design, prototypes, marketing, and sales.

Edited by Wildstar

is the 1/3000 sdf-1 the larger, transforming toy or the smaller, die-cast robot version? I had the smaller one from matchbox back in the day. it had way too many pieces to misplace. it's still packed away somewhere in my parents' house, but unlike my valks i haven't seen it in years.

I still have my Matchbox version since I was a kid, got it as Christmas present a year after Robotech stopped airing. it's still in Pittsburgh and plan to pick it up once I go down there to see my nephew graduate.

The 1/3000 is the transforming one. When I finally got my hands on one, it was a little smaller than I expected, but I was stunned at the construction and transformation mechanism. It's a very impressive toy in my book. But I'm not a hardcore toy collector outside of Macross.

matchbox is repackaged bandai

To add to this, there's no difference at all between "Matchbox" and "Bandai". Bandai never sold the toy under their own name, in Japan or elsewhere. They just manufactured it for Matchbox, so it has a Bandai imprint on the bottom of the "foot".

owner of the takatoku one, but i wouldn't consider it to by my holy grail..cos as huge as it may be..but it's seriously lacking in details.

i thought that during the interview graham had with yamato, it was mentioned that yamato would not rule out the possiblity of an SDF-1?

owner of the takatoku one, but i wouldn't consider it to by my holy grail..cos as huge as it may be..but it's seriously lacking in details.

i thought that during the interview graham had with yamato, it was mentioned that yamato would not rule out the possiblity of an SDF-1?

hmm.. lets hope so.. btu I tot yammie is pulling the plugs on most fo the macross stuff?

Alot of lucky guys here who bought the sdf-1 when they were young and at its original price....

Talking about lack fo details. I saw on anotehr thread. new decals being done up. maybe that will help abit :)

I would imagine Yamato finally finishing the rescuplted '19FP before they would ever try a ship like the 'SDF. I'm afraid it's curtains for Macross items from Yamato...

Ooops. Sorry

I don't know how to amend the polls

I knwe th movie version SDF-1 existed

But I thought it was a resin kit or something?

by yellow sub?

And is the scale 1/4000? or 1/3000?

And it lloks fabulous! makes the 1/3000 matchbox looks like schoolboy toys hehe

Edited by Clarkent

Actually, that's a beautiful custom DYRL Macross that a member him made using the Matchbox toy as the base. Esaflown4, sorry if it was you, but I think it was originally built and sold back when I was only an occasional lurker. If it was you, it's amazing to see it again. I just wish I had the skills to build one just like it.

Actually, that's a beautiful custom DYRL Macross that a member him made using the Matchbox toy as the base. Esaflown4, sorry if it was you, but I think it was originally built and sold back when I was only an occasional lurker. If it was you, it's amazing to see it again. I just wish I had the skills to build one just like it.

Hehe no I didn't build it, Kisimoto did. He has such awesome skills. However I am the owner of this and proud to say that it was his very first custom. Budget has been tight lately and I have been trying to sell it. We'll see if anyone on these forums wants the job of taking care of this beauty. :lol:

I voted, planning on getting one.

Which one? Who knows. Depends on how much. And if there's a re-release or a new version in the future.

But, yes, I'll get one.....eventually. ^_^

Edited by Wheels

If you were talking about having owned them, you could say I'm the top dog. Not trying to brag or such, but I've owned about a dozen or so. I sorta lost track. :D They were all loose with a few in complete condition. I really don't keep them long. I either save them for future customs or to sell later on. Now I only own 3 and soon to be 2. I just sold one of my customs to a fellow MW member. And about 3 weeks ago I sold a matchbox version to another member. Below is a few pics of my customs. The small one in the middle of the 3 is a resin kit of the Macross "DYRL". That of course is not a custom. The red one is my version of the SDF-3 from the Sentinels. The green one is my interpretation hybrid of Earth and Zentraedi technology(movie version). And the grey one is my version of the Macross "DYRL", in which is sold. If my information is correct, the owner of that one will be displaying it at this coming MWcon5. That will be my first ever custom showing at the event. I hope to get great feedback. :rolleyes: Anyway if you would count those pictured(minus the one sold) the resin in battlemode, and one resin "DYRL" shipmode still unassembled in a box, then I own 4.

Kish :lol:

BTW The pics shown earlier in this tread is of my very first custom "DYRL" Macross. :D

post-4-1115026082_thumb.jpg