Eureka 7

Aegis!

Just out of curiousity, but were Charles and Ray Beams in this movie in some sort of fashion?

P.S.--Hey m0n5t3r, how's the transformation process on that Nirvash figure? Does it require parts swapping, or is the transformation fairly self-contained?

forgot about those two... i actually liked their characters in the TV series...

haven't transformed it yet... still enjoying posing it... from the extra parts included and the manual, definitely parts swapping. i'll try to attach a copy of the manual on this post later.

in the meantime... surf's up, dude! B))

3700594542_56ebb601d4.jpg

EDIT - manual pics and parts added

post-8437-1247138782_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1247138789_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1247138977_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Thanks, m0n5t3r!!

I was kinda hoping there wasn't THAT much parts swapping. But from your many pics, I can tell the articulation is off-the-charts good.

Kinda bummed too that they didn't put little Eureka and Renton figures in those "clear" cockpits. :(

Thanks, m0n5t3r!!

I was kinda hoping there wasn't THAT much parts swapping. But from your many pics, I can tell the articulation is off-the-charts good.

Kinda bummed too that they didn't put little Eureka and Renton figures in those "clear" cockpits. :(

articulation is indeed off-the-charts! i also don't like parts swapping so that's why i haven't transformed it yet... maybe when i get tired of posing and re-posing it... :)

articulation is indeed off-the-charts! i also don't like parts swapping so that's why i haven't transformed it yet... maybe when i get tired of posing and re-posing it... :)

This thing could have been so much more.

This is exactly the same as the original Same number of parts. Pass

If revoltech does it I will get it or if SOC Spec Perfect transformation I will get it

If anyone is interested in getting the original let me know Im selling mine

This thing could have been so much more.

well, yes, but for $35, it's good enough for me to have a cool looking and very pose-able representation. as i see it, the Nirvash being transformable is just an added bonus seeing as the RD Side VFs will probably be non-transformable.

If revoltech does it I will get it or if SOC Spec Perfect transformation I will get it

SOC PT Nirvash, sure i'll get one.

revoltech making one that'll satisfy you the way the RD version doesn't... that's a stretch.

Edited by m0n5t3r

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looks beautiful....but can it do better poses?

LOL, sorry 'bout that :blink:...

but seriously, i didn't really have enough time to do any other poses (i didn't even notice the fins on the left foot were messed up)... but i'm pretty sure it can pull off better poses...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Nah i didn't mean anything on u, cuz u pulled up some fancy stuff with the Nirvash and when the Devilfish turned up pretty much...er....stationary i thought it wasn't very poseable.

XD

Awaiting your awesome poses.

• 5 months later...

Grabbed the R:D Spec 2 Nirvash yesterday and I'm glad I did. The parts-forming is kind of a bummer, but damn it's a solid and heavily articulated little figure. I would like a larger DX version some day, but this one really satisfied my craving for a Nirvash figure. I dig the Nirvash Larva figure that comes with it, too. "Mukyuu!" :D

Speaking of...I just watched the E7 movie last night and I really enjoyed it. I was apprehensive because a lot of the reviews were people bitching about the characters being changed and the plot being changed, etc. So i was pleasently surprised to see that all of the changes are because the movie is a prequel and thus the characters and events are different. I assume the message or premise is "History is destined to repeat itself". Looking at it that way, it was a lot of fun to watch what took place on Earth 10,000 years prior to the events of the TV series. There was one huge missed opportunity though: In the series when Renton, Eureka and the kids are stranded on the beach they find a ring embedded in amber with R+E on it. We're left to wonder about the ring and if the R+E stands for Renton and Eureka. It would have been cool if the movie would have shown the past Renton and Eureka wearing those rings and losing one on a beach or something like that. Especially since the movie ends with them on a beach. In any case, I'll be happy to just tie up the connection that way in my mind. :)

Edited by eriku

THave they made any movie specific toys? I know the Nirvash had a couple differences and the Devilfish had a fastpack in the movie.

The R:D figure is attached to the movie, but this incarnation is one of the same ones from the series. I'd love figures of it's big final form from the film, as well as an armorless Coralian version.

I really don't get the popularity of this show. It's basically Renton being emo and failing at life for 30/50+ episodes >_> .

That can actually be said for almost any anime series. :p

I loved Renton's character, but I've never understood the prevalent use and intended meaning of the word "emo", so maybe that means I'm "emo" and that's why I like the show. ^_^

My issue with Renton is not so much that his EQ is close to zero, I mean any preteen put into a similar situation would act like he did, but it's just that as an animu-hero character he is expected to eventually become more emotionally stable, mature, and badass - which never really happens. Which is fine I guess... fracking Holland has enough Gar for the whole show.

I only watched the show for the robots after hearing Kawamori was the mechanical designer. He did a really good job. Of course, when does he ever fail in that department?

The rest of the show was a mixed bag. There were some great characters like Dominic and Anemone, but the show just didn't focus on them enough. Instead we had to bear Renton and Rei Ayanami Eureka crying and screaming for 50 episodes. AND THOSE FRICKEN KIDS. OH MY GOD.

My issue with Renton is not so much that his EQ is close to zero, I mean any preteen put into a similar situation would act like he did, but it's just that as an animu-hero character he is expected to eventually become more emotionally stable, mature, and badass - which never really happens. Which is fine I guess... fracking Holland has enough Gar for the whole show.

there was that one moment when he became one with nirvash. which was pointless when it happened.

Ya'll talkin' crazy talk, Eureka Seven was awesome from start to finish.

Indeed, one of the very best, if not the best, mecha anime of the last decade.

Ya'll talkin' crazy talk, Eureka Seven was awesome from start to finish.

Yeah, it's so awesome to see the adventures of a complete whiner and an almost autistic girl.

Something between Evangelion and Rain man i guess. :lol:

Well, each his own after all, good for you if you enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Robot Damashii devilfish and quite happy with it, except it doesn't come with the stand. :(

Sorry if its a stupid question but what stand should I get for it? Theere seems to be a special stand for the robot damashii series.

• 1 year later...