Eureka 7

Aegis!

I've been getting them off IRC and watching them as fast as I can and even then I still couldn't watch them all yet. saw 43-48 last night.

Anyways, like UN Spacy said, this completly reaffirms and validates my earlier splurge of enthusiasm for the show. I'd been starting to wonder during the lull times if the show could ever recapture it's glory and whether it was worth me paying out for the american dvd's (the SE's at that)

Man, was I wrong to doubt. :rolleyes:

This show is the complete opposite of the "Destiny" incident in every way & ep 48 - "Ballet Mechanique" is very possibily the most engaging thing I've ever seen. I was gripping my desk and leaning in towards the screen all but shouting my encouragement. :lol:

Still two more to go. *joy*

I've been getting them off IRC and watching them as fast as I can and even then I still couldn't watch them all yet. saw 43-48 last night.

Anyways, like UN Spacy said, this completly reaffirms and validates my earlier splurge of enthusiasm for the show. I'd been starting to wonder during the lull times if the show could ever recapture it's glory and whether it was worth me paying out for the american dvd's (the SE's at that)

Man, was I wrong to doubt. :rolleyes:

This show is the complete opposite of the "Destiny" incident in every way & ep 48 - "Ballet Mechanique" is very possibily the most engaging thing I've ever seen. I was gripping my desk and leaning in towards the screen all but shouting my encouragement. :lol:

Still two more to go. *joy*

I know what you mean. I was like *w00ts* throughout the final episodes. And yelling....

"ZOMG!!! Holland HAX!"

or

"ZOMG!!! GECKO GO x TALHO HAX!"

or just....

"HAX HAX HAX!!" in general

That was of course in a good way. :lol:

I think as far as I can nitpick, unfortunately the many other secondary characters(IE: the rest of the gecko go crew) played little to no role in the finale. :( And i could think of a few ways to make the ending better, but we'll leave that until this thread becomes a spoiler thread in a few days. ;)

Holy Crap! What a ride the last 4-5 episodes were. I can't remember a series that had me sitting on the edge of my couch like this one.

The battles are truly awsome in HD. I just got a new dell that clones it to my 42 inch plasma in 720p. Holy Crap this show brought out its best.

Holy Crap! What a ride the last 4-5 episodes were. I can't remember a series that had me sitting on the edge of my couch like this one.

The battles are truly awsome in HD. I just got a new dell that clones it to my 42 inch plasma in 720p. Holy Crap this show brought out its best.

BTW I love the Nirvosh in the last episode. Frick'in awesome

It truly was a fun series. I remembered how reserved I felt when I 1st saw the mecha designs by this show. Surfing robots that transform into cars.....pffft.....and boy heil Hory Froating Head for the new designs. :D

Anyway...when i saw this scene.....reminds me of :

IPB Image

IPB Image

Well then that's that, after a year and a half of pawing at the screen in frustration for new episodes it's finally all over and what an amazing show it was all told.

I'd love to take a couple of days of work to watch it beginging to end non-stop once all the dvd's are out.

Not gonna talk about the ending here though, see this thread started by Jwinges for super spoiler action and DO NOT enter if you haven't seen every minute of the show. :lol:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=20473

It's a shame that a lot of people stopped wtaching it so early on because I can't think of anything else ever animated or otherwise that has kept me so captivated and made me care so much about what happens.

Make a dammed sequel/prequel/sidestory/alternate version, I don't care, I gotta have more of this kind of quality. :D

• 1 year later...

Heads up fellas. THERIGHTSTUF has Eureka Seven DVD Vol. 1-10 for $90 SHIPPED.

I'd hop on it if I didn't already have special editions 1-6.

IMHO E7 was one of the GREATEST mecha shows of the last ten years (definitely in my top three).

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/ca...tem/76999/4/0/0

I just can't see spending 90 bucks on this series. I LOVED it up until around episode 26 (maybe the best 26 episodes of anime I've ever seen), and it really drops the ball badly after that.

Edited by Duke Togo

Funny Duke Togo, for some of my friends the first 20 episodes were extremely boring and it only got good after episode 26 or so.

The relationships between the characters are what makes this series as good as it is. I don't understand why one would watch it otherwise, its what drives the show.

I have only seen the end of the series and am now seeing the beginning of the series on Adult Swim. Hope that the middle ties things together but other than Renton being a whiner I prefer the opening of the series.

I can really relate with the surfing community that is the Gekko State.

The end just seems weird like the end of Macross Zero but that was without seeing the road that leads up to it?? :blink:

The end isn't going to make any more sense to you after watching the rest of it. The good news, however, is that those first 26 or so episodes are THAT GOOD, the rest doesn't really matter.

Edited by Duke Togo

I always thought that the second half of the series was where the majority of the story "payoffs" start to kick in.

Initially, I remember not being too impressed with the series until Episode 9 (where we learn about Eureka and the SOF's past). Then Episode 20 utterly sealed the deal for me (with that wicked payoff at the end of the ep).

But rewatching the series now (and knowing how it all ends), I've gained a better appreciation for those beginning episodes. I especially like how the diner scene tied the first and last episodes beautifully together.

I felt like they left so much unanswered, they totally abandoned some elements of the plot, and in the end kinda "half-assed" it. I wish the series was still fresh in my mind, I remember that at the time there were a few things that really bothered me. But really, alot of that can be forgiven, those first 26 episodes are just so good.

Edited by Duke Togo

Initially, I remember not being too impressed with the series until Episode 9 (where we learn about Eureka and the SOF's past). Then Episode 20 utterly sealed the deal for me (with that wicked payoff at the end of the ep).

Episode 26 for me, particularly the rescue scene. One of my all time favorites in anime. Love it, just love it.

• 3 months later...
Well, its only been going on for what, 30 years?

try since humans started telling stories. the story of Noah's flood is a retelling of the story of gilgamesh. Hell, even Genesis has 2 different versions of the same story as does the book of Job. If sacred religious stories aren't safe from being re-imagined, why would a story about sky surfing robots be held in higher regard?

Edited by eugimon

33k9kt5wh6.jpg

- Brand new mechs, strong designs

- They're promising mid-air action sequence unheard of in recent animation movies

- Right now they're in script and storyboard phase

- It's not going to be like the RahXephon movie, but a different direction

- They keyword is "myth", a new myth that humanity yearns for

sounds like it might be something like DYRL was for Macross.

try since humans started telling stories. the story of Noah's flood is a retelling of the story of gilgamesh. Hell, even Genesis has 2 different versions of the same story as does the book of Job. If sacred religious stories aren't safe from being re-imagined, why would a story about sky surfing robots be held in higher regard?

Even those are all scalped from earlier religions. I was referring more to the hopes of actual sequal movies instead of just re-imaginings.

Even those are all scalped from earlier religions. I was referring more to the hopes of actual sequal movies instead of just re-imaginings.

Hmmm...well there's Nadesico, Prince Of Darkness. :lol: