Eureka 7

Aegis!

You know with only 8 more episodes to go, I hope (and wonder) if they are able to wrap this up nicely. Most of you who've gone on ahead with the other subs seem to be pretty happy. But now at 42 we still dunno:

And if you have the answers if you've seen the later episodes, PLEASE DON'T SPOIL. >_< You could say whether they did or did not resolve these plot elements but dun spoil.

1.) what is the summer of love?

2.) why was adrock the hero who isn't actually the hero? What was his role in all this?

3.) The golden bough(sp?) book? Book with naked lady. What's that about? Is this a fictional or real book cause i swear i saw it in some other anime somewhere.

4.) What's the compac drive disease? Why does it happen?

5.) Guy with sick wife in the outskirts of town, why does he have uber powers to drop those big sticks sticking outta the ground?

6.) Where's the sister, Diane? What was her importance/role in the summer of love ?

Don't tell me most of this will only revealed in the PS2 game. >_>

Edited by wolfx

• 1 month later...

Does this series get better cuz I'm up to 20 and quite frankly I've had it with the teenage angst. Renton's an idiot. I feel like I just want to smack him hard. He's a pretty dumb and emo 14 year old. There are no characters that I can relate to nor any character that you can respect as a person. Pretty bad for a series that is trying so hard to focus on character development. The Japanese must have this obsession with teenage angst. If only teenage angst can power the world, then at least it would be useful.

vinnie

Does this series get better cuz I'm up to 20 and quite frankly I've had it with the teenage angst. Renton's an idiot. I feel like I just want to smack him hard. He's a pretty dumb and emo 14 year old. There are no characters that I can relate to nor any character that you can respect as a person. Pretty bad for a series that is trying so hard to focus on character development. The Japanese must have this obsession with teenage angst. If only teenage angst can power the world, then at least it would be useful.

vinnie

I dunno cuz if you're at 20 and still not liking it, then i suppose you shouldn't continue. For me I kinda liked Eureka 7. Its one of THE BEST mecha anime to come out in a lonnggg time coming.

And for the rest who are still waiting, Nanashi says......

43-50 ARE BEING WORKED ON. QUIT EMAILING ME.

:lol:

http://www.nanashi-fansubs.com/

http://forums.nanashi-fansubs.com/index.php?showtopic=728

I like the show, although Renton is too much of a whinner at the beginning, which almost made me quit watching around episode 10. :lol:

Now I'm really starting to hate Holland and his abusive behavior, not only towards Renton but towards just about everyone around him. He needs to die, the sooner the better. ;)

I like the show, although Renton is too much of a whinner at the beginning, which almost made me quit watching around episode 10. :lol:

Now I'm really starting to hate Holland and his abusive behavior, not only towards Renton but towards just about everyone around him. He needs to die, the sooner the better. ;)

There are reasons why Renton is such a whiner and Holland is so abusive. Keep watching, because there is a payoff coming for all of this.

There are reasons why Renton is such a whiner and Holland is so abusive. Keep watching, because there is a payoff coming for all of this.

Let me guess... Holland is gonna corner Renton, beat the living snot outta him, and then tell him: "I AM YOUR FATHER!" :lol:;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished it. Gosh....that was an awesome ride.

Don't wanna spoil it but......Nirvash pulls a Gunbuster, that's all i'm saying. :lol:

I'm still confused over some possible plot holes, but overall the story resolves itself.

What subs did you get in the end?

Bizzaro-Nanashi. Subs are pretty good. No glaring errors except they translated Scab Coral as Skurve Coral. They didn't do much encoding though so the filesize to video quality ratio was pretty bad. But watchable. Took me 2 weeks to get the last few eps. Not many seeders.