Eureka 7

Aegis!

dubs in general are not my cup of tea, but this particular dub is not bad. I don't get the idea that the dub needs to sound like the original cast... it would be nice, but if a voice actor is good and they can fit the personality and character of who they're voicing, then who really cares?

eugimon, I see your point and the point that most 'purists' bring up when they berate dubs. But I disagree with the point of making the show thier 'own' voice wise. It's like rewriting something when it's unnessasary.

Unfortuantely the Renton VA sucks, he was a total mis-cast for the part as was Eureka. When the character is clearly emotional on screen the voice is flat out bland is a obvious indictation that the VA is not right for the role or the VA director doesn't know what he's doing. Alot of the other VA's are the same way, flat. It's like watching that one part in Martix's 3 when Neo talks to the Architect. Droning.

Like I said early only the decent VA is the Holland one, as it seems that he's trying to 'be' Holland.

hmmm, I actually like renton's VA... he sounds like a little nerdy kid to me...

my point about the VA not having to sound like the original cast is this... in different languages and cultures different voices, tones and affects take on a certain personality but they don't necessarily transfer 100% to other cultures. For instance, anime females tend to have a very pitched and exaterated tone to indicate that they are cute... for western audiences that sort of hyper girlish voice can come have different conotations and bring up a different mental image than what was originally intended.

I supremely despise this for HK martial arts films where either they hire asians with thick accents or they have white people who are putting on what they think is an asian accent... I find it humorous at best and usually it just pisses me off because the whole point of dubbing is to make something easily understood... but if I have to figure out the dialogue through some generic "asian" accent, what's the point?

So while for me, it's cool when the US VA and the japanese VA match up, I don't really care at the end of the day if they do. They just need to sell the character, not try to emulate what the original VA sounds like.

They just need to sell the character, not try to emulate what the original VA sounds like.

I'm totally with you on that! It's just for me they aren't selling the characters very well. Neither in capturing the character or it's personality.

Eureka's voice should've been more flat(somewhat like Rei's from NGE), so the change later in the series would've been more viberant. Maybe they plan to do that but they'll have to change the voice seriously for it to work. And please tell me that the way they are pronoucing her name is wrong! :rolleyes: EL-reka????

Renton's VA just doesn't work. The VA just isn't selling the character, nor is he following the character on the screen very well. The character comes off lifeless like a secondary character from The Slayers.

It's just I expected a far better showing for one of the last few longer shows, Bleach is next but after that....., that is coming over. I'll leave it at that.

I'm finally at episode 13, and the end of episode 11 really made me want more! I was starting to read the first few pages of this thread...but then I started seeing posts about episodes 14 and up...so I quit reading there. I must say, I'm already hooked. As far as the OP and ED goes, I didn't really care for either, but both have grown on me. The black Nirvash looks insane...looked like a black widow to me a first when it was first introduced. I'm really liking the story and characters. It's definitely refreshing.... I have another 23 episodes to catch up to.... Without giving too much away, how do the rest of the episodes pan out compared to the first 12?

Also, I was reading some comparisons to Aquarion.... Though much wasn't really said about Aquarion itself, but how does it match up vs Eureka Seven so far? Would it be worth my time to check that show out as well? I tell yea, I've been introduced to so much anime recently. I'm currently watching Bleach, School Rumble, and now Eureka Seven, after having finished Evangelion a month or so back...I'm still trying to finish GitS:SAC 2nd Gig. I wish I had more HDD space and more money to support my anime habit. =(

Edited by Oihan

Anyone with a response to my previous post? :/

393147[/snapback]

The story takes a quite emotional turn for the second season, the episodes in the middile of the series, 26,7, & 8 should really be watched back to back for maximum effect. ;)

Third season focuses back on Gekko State, their mission and specifically Holland.

Recaps and filler are at a bare minimum and the show just gets better and better as it moves forward.

Aquarion was ok, good finale but not really very memorable in the grand scheme of things whereas E7 has gradually made itself my all time favourite anime and it hasn't even finished yet.

TEH SPOILER

.[/color]

393114[/snapback]

Ohhhhh, I'm all a quiver. :D

Edited by Fort Max

Meh. I'll wait for Nanashi to finish up their run.

BTW. Anyone else pick up the official DVD's?

I just ordered the boxset and it should be here soon.....it's the lowest price from Deep Discount DVD.

I think only problem i have with Eureka 7 now is that Eureka is looking less than presentable. XD Grow the hair already!

Diane is revealed and she's not as purdy as i thought she'd be. Ah well.

http://isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=10963463 is a working torrent for episodes 37-50.

They're all subbed but not properly timed and such

That's certainly what Nanashi want you to think.

The subtitles are all properly timed, the only thing different from normal is they haven't gone through Nanashi's (absurdly slow) quality checking process. They have some typos and the like, and usage of older translations they've since replaced (they still use "skurve" rather than "scab" for example).

They are perfectly fine and it is absolutely NOT worth waiting the ridiculously long time Nanashi take to release anything.

I grabbed them and ended up marathoning the entire batch in one sitting, it just wasn't possible to stop and leave more episodes for another day. I'd quite easily say that E7 turned out to be one of the best mecha shows I've seen in a long time.

I like how they depicted the monk as a wayward fellow. Reminds me of Genjou Sanzo from Sayuki. :lol:

Here's the other guy that can save the world.....some kinda hero which can control LFOs with mere thought....and here he is....smoking, asking for pizza, and letting off a fart while in a heavy discussion.

:lol:

After some problems with my laptop I catching up with Eureka Seven. After the climatic rencounter of Rento and Eureka the momentum of the series has fallen a little. There's been a couple of nice dramatic moments (Holland reef :() but nothing big up to ep 33. I hope the end is good because some friends were telling me it was too rushed. =\

Just picked up the first volume & box, and so far this show is easily tied for my favorite newer series (tied with Galaxy Railways). Hopefully Bandai gets it all released within a year...

I just learned about this series about two weeks ago and was able to catch an episode the other night. It looks like it ought to be fun and the mecha designs look cool too.

I look forward to exploring this series some more.

B))