Eureka 7

Aegis!

What i was trying to say is, its easier to have some simple mechanism for flight on an LFO like a jetpack with wings, or if you wanna use the trapar, the side skirts on the Spearheads would do as well compared to something complicated like a Ref board which requires human-like movements. And you could see that the engineers even had problems making the nirvash prototype walk, and getting them to be as agile as they are now, probably required probably tonnes of programming to the OS, what more programming ref-like movements into the controls.

You are forgetting about the compac drive, in the nirvash prototype they were just using standard controls, Eureka was able to pilot perfectly the nirvash cause she doesn't need a compac drive to mediate with the machines, in the first episode she say there wasn't any compact drive slot originally, probably it was added later to use the Amita drive.

Also renton was searching for the original compac drive in the nirvash so I presume the CD were produced after the nirvash.

Probably with the compac drive tonnes of programming to the OS aren't necessary.

I'm specially impressed with the last frame of the opening, the characters are... plain ugly. :ph34r:

I've heard it was designed by Satoru Utsunomiya, who did episode 19 of Aquarion. Unluckily he can't adapt his style to other charas.

Anyway, Eureka looks like a guy from Naruto, I think it was called Gara.

FV

The Nirvash is the 1st (ever found), and oldest LFO ever created. The Spearheads (is that what its called?) were probably advanced prototypes but still newer than the Nirvash.

I don't mean to be condescending but I know all that, I've been watching it as long as you have. :p

What i was trying to say is, its easier to have some simple mechanism for flight on an LFO like a jetpack with wings, or if you wanna use the trapar, the side skirts on the Spearheads would do as well compared to something complicated like a Ref board which requires human-like movements. And you could see that the engineers even had problems making the nirvash prototype walk, and getting them to be as agile as they are now, probably required probably tonnes of programming to the OS, what more programming ref-like movements into the controls.

But then these mechs wouldn't be any different from others which was the whole point, in an interview in "protoculture addicts" Shoji said that the surfing was his idea as he wanted to utilise the trappar concept in his robot designs when the world/story etc was laid out to him.

Besides, the animated engineer explained it perfectly well, they were just aping what was popular at the time to see if they could do it better.

You are forgetting about the compac drive, in the nirvash prototype they were just using standard controls, Eureka was able to pilot perfectly the nirvash cause she doesn't need a compac drive to mediate with the machines, in the first episode she say there wasn't any compact drive slot originally, probably it was added later to use the Amita drive.

Also renton was searching for the original compac drive in the nirvash so I presume the CD were produced after the nirvash.

Probably with the compac drive tonnes of programming to the OS aren't necessary.

373010[/snapback]

Hmmm. Probably that's it.

They still haven't explained what exactly is a CD and what its for yet. IIRC, it was also a power source cause dominic's bike was using a CD as fuel if i'm not mistaken.

Fortmax:

Besides, the animated engineer explained it perfectly well, they were just aping what was popular at the time to see if they could do it better.

I doubt the reason was "because its popular" if practicality was an issue... so i guess it was quite practical to make a ref board and the controls weren't a problem. Perhaps its something like in gundam seed. When they found Eureka could do the basic movements, they just copy the movements into a program making controls less complicated. They did say development halted due to movements can't be done easily, until Eureka came along.

Side note:

Anyway, all the airborne units including those huge flying fortresses seem to be using the Trapar instead of normal propulsion and lift. Not sure if normal lift is possible, but the trapar probably makes it easier for those big ships to stay in the air which probably isn't possible using normal lift.

They still haven't explained what exactly is a CD and what its for yet. IIRC, it was also a power source cause dominic's bike was using a CD as fuel if i'm not mistaken.

Fortmax:

I don't believe it's fuel, Renton says in the first episode that to make a LFO move its necessary to have a compac drive that mediate between the pilot and the machine, so he was SHocked when Eureka said she doesn't need one.

Apparently the CD it's an advanced control unit that transmit the will of the pilot to the machines but as you said it must be explained yet, it must be a big mistery, just think about the name "Eureka" appearing in it or the diseas it may causes.

Charles was the kind of unusual guy that use unsual stuff, just remember the ref boards in his ship scene, so I suppose the ref skirts are a very unusual thing on LFOs, apparently the spearheads neither have a vehicle mode.

Even if I don't like so much the ref boards i admit they add something original in the mech design and battles so its okay for me, he had a good idea that was put in action greatly, there are a lot animes that have good ideas put in action orrendly.

BTW I was surprised when Talho talked about his sister "disappearing" and Renton didn't ask her to tell him more, just don't make sense for me.

But the same danger applies to it. If the pilot of the giant robot were to fall or lose balance.. er I don't want to know what he plans to do if such a thing were to happen. :D

Now a valk on a surfboard would make sense. At least valks can transform to save themselves if they would fall.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

hehe but the point is: is such a thing even practical? What happens if you lose balance? Why not just have an air type mobile armor that can outmanuever the robot and avoid that risk altogether? Seems kind of silly and unecessary and also dangerous given the sheer mass of those robots. Same with the danger of the nirvash if it were to lose balance. Looks stylish doing tricks in the air, but the military just make it harder for themselves if it means they got to pour money and effort into something that isn't necessary. (logic says to just put the floaty devices on the mech itself and eliminate unecessary risk to the person controlling it)

But I guess I am falling into that trap of applying real world logic for a world that is based in fantasy with its own rules. (ie people surfing on invisible particles which don't exist in real life, making comparison an apple and oranges thing)

Flyng mechs in eureka world use the trapar to fly cause it's a fuel-less, easy and non-polluting way of flyng, but they have vernier trusters as well, so it's not like if they fall from the board they are dead. Also the trapar isn't always present so they must have an alternative way to fly/land.

Exactly that is the part that makes logical sense within the rules of the world. But the surfboard bit seems more like a style thing than a practical thing. There is nothing you don't gain by having the floaty device on the mech's body compared to if you use a surfboard. (which is more dangerous than the former) Just remember that like a skateboard you've sometimes got to hold onto the surfboard whilst doing some moves so it won't fly off your feet. Just seems like extra work you know what I mean?

The question is: Why have the risk when you don't need to have it, and by having it you also have to work much harder, ...even though it is something that is not even necessary to begin with? Can you dig it? The car mode makes sense because it means less effort required to move along the ground. But the surfboard idea means you are at a disadvantage to a mech that doesn't need one to fly. (ie ray and charles "Qraus")

But given it was the first of its kind and they were experimenting, I can swallow that as a good enough explanation. Just seemed a bit reckless when you consider the balance issues shown just trying to get it to walk. In fact they mention it was just following a popular trend at the time. (no real deep thought went into it :D)

The site looks really nice and it actually has some good info and pics! I hope Bandai brings the game too, it looks good on the pics and videos. The only bad things is that I'm not liking Renton's voice on that trailer. However Eureka sounds just like the Japanese VA. And Holland.... Crispin Freeman? I like Bang Zoom so I expect something good. Oh yeah, the trailer has some of my favorite scenes. Sweet.

Rentons voice really didn't inspire me, Eurekas actor is very good & I'm not certain about Crispin Freeman reprising Alucard for Holland.

I may end up skipping the dub as this is the first time I've still been watching the show when the english releases start showing up & I'm going to have the japanese voices so permantly fixed in my head...

The last two theme songs are out now, the fourth end is a bit dull and the opening is... rather strange, it's a worth a listen for it's shear WTF? factor.

Episode 31 is out! w00ts! Most of my previous predictions have been confirmed in this episode. The corallians/aliens looked abit too funky though. The designs were like something from a miyazaki movie, totally unexpected. 0.o

The spec-upped nirvash doesn't look much different from the original....which is quite a shame since we know what its gonna transform into next. ;)

Anyway,

<fanboymode>

ALL HEIL HORY FROATING HEAD!!!

</fanboymode>

PS: Hmmm... i wonder what's so special about the Nirvash's board that it has to be made by Renton's grandfather and can't be made by anyone else.

I gotta say this episode DL'ed a lot faster than expected.

Anyways another excellent episode of Eureka Seven.

.....those kids are freaking me out man.

.....we'll see the Spec Two in action soon enough.

.....THE FISHIES! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

I didn't like that episode as much as some of the previous big plot advancement ones, the Coralians I actully kinda liked but the sudden inclusion of one of animes biggest cliches in the form of the beautifull children was unwelcome.

I have faith that they will be as wellw ritten as the rest of the show, I'd be really dissapointed to see such an otherwise great series peter out like so many before it.

On that note, the last episode is going to an hour long special and the second OST is out in aprill.