Eureka 7

Aegis!

Ohhh Man :blink::o

Those two Eps. were just...man...

I´m speechless , I almost drop a tear near the end.

I reallly wasn´t expecting to see Charles and Ray go like this. I mean , this is RAW drama.

I wonder if its humanly possible to love a show this much , I´m seriously starting to consider E7 as my 2nd favourite anime series, I mean , seriously.

It´s got everything:

- Awesome , well defined character cast.

- Superb Plot

- KAWAMORI MECHA DESIGNS !!!

- GREAT OST

- vertiginous action sequences , Itano Circus Style

What else is there to be desired ?

Oh yes , a whole Yamato Toy line ...whish bandai would release more toys.

BTW , are Bandai´s E7 action figures any good ? if so , where can I get them besides HLJ or ebay ?

Dude, just be wary that I'm only at Episode 18. I still have a ways to go.

A few questions.

Alex Thurston is the old grandpa we see in the first two episodes right?

Who is the father of Renton Thurston and what's so special about this father, Ageris or whatever his name may be?

Dude, just be wary that I'm only at Episode 18.  I still have a ways to go. 

A few questions.

Alex Thurston is the old grandpa we see in the first two episodes right?

Who is the father of Renton Thurston and what's so special about this father, Ageris or whatever his name may be?

367560[/snapback]

Adrock Thurston is his father. Only thing we know so far was Adrock Thurston saved the world from catastrophe during the Summer of Love incident. But that's what's written in the history books. Seems there's something sinister behind the scenes that involves Renton's sis (forgot her name) , Adrock, Holland, Charles and Dewey (the dude released from incarceration).

SPOILERS for the ones not up till latest episode:

as someone predicted, the latest episodes hint on some sort of "key person" that has to be chosen to initiate some phenomenon of a grand scale. Sounds very EVA-ish. Holland is frustrated that he wasn't chosen but Renton was...for whatever it is.

I can't belive Bandai doesn't seem inclined to put out any more action figures, I hope we won't have to wait untill it's considered a complete hit to see an SOC Nirvarsh etc.

367399[/snapback]

Really? Drat! And i can't wait for a KLF..... :angry:

367446[/snapback]

They are continuing with the HG kits and they have a KLF planned for that range but it won't transform into it's tank mode.

Before I watched this show I would have been hard pushed to even pick a favourite anime, let alone one I considered the best but It's a clear cut choice now.

Never having watched Macross when it was "new" so to speak this is the show I will always remember discovering as the defining moment of my hobby.

Just watched Episode 23. I really don't like Renton now, and I agree with Holland grinding on him.

"I MUST SAVE EVERYONE. I'M THEIR HERO! I MUST PROTECT EVEN PEOPLE I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT!"

Thank God not all 14 year olds are like this.

(Although I like his attitude much more than Shinji's, but this isn't really saying much.)

Edited by Spatula

Art was kinda crappy this ep, and in contrast loads of stuff revealed.

So coralians, scab(scurve) etc are sentient beings...but probably not of alien origin but from the planet and appear because the planet is hurting due to trapar being mined. Thus making them sorta gaea force of nature kinda things.

So I’ve checked out episode 28. Is Eureka gonna have that new hair style? Don’t really like it though. And Talho…weird look I guess.

Oh yes, I hate the new OP theme; the opening video isn’t all that great either. It’s too bland on one situation. So far the first OP theme and it’s video have been the best.

So I’ve checked out episode 28.  Is Eureka gonna have that new hair style?  Don’t really like it though.  And Talho…weird look I guess.

Oh yes, I hate the new OP theme; the opening video isn’t all that great either.  It’s too bland on one situation.  So far the first OP theme and it’s video have been the best.

370111[/snapback]

If I were to rate the OP and EP songs.

OP music

1,2,or 4 > 3

OP animation

4>2>1>3

EP music

2>1>3>4

EP animation

2>3>1>4

OP1 - DAYS (Flow)

OP2 - Shounen Heart (Home Made Kazoku)

OP3 - Taiyou no Mannaka he (Bivattchee)

OP4 - Sakura (Nilgilis)

ED1 - Himitsu Kichi (Kozue Takada)

ED2 - Fly Away (Izawa Asami)

ED3 - Tip Taps Tip (Halcali)

ED4 - Canvas (Coolon)

Edited by UN Spacy

And Talho…weird look I guess.

370111[/snapback]

Yeah it does look odd, but then we've seen her pretty much as a boy toy for most of the series. It's definatly a more mature look for her and I have no complaints about it at all!! It's abit too Misato with the short coat and hugging dress though. ;)

When I said the latest OP theme, I actually meant OP theme # 3 9 - OP3 - Taiyou no Mannaka he (Bivattchee) . Talk about a Naruto intro...

I haven't seen the 4th OP theme nor its respective animated OP sequence, yet.

OP 1 - Days by Flow and its respective anime opening was probably one of the few anime sequences that I loved so much I watched it in every episode. I love how the violin section just lets the music soar then quickly introduces the percussion and guitar/rock. The vocals are quite enjoyable, even though I don't understand it. As well, the animation is in-sync with the theme.

I really don't like the Hip-Hop style of vocals in the Japanese langauge, see OP # 2. And # 3 with the dude screaming on the mike, he can't keep his tonality quite right. So no.

Edited by Spatula

w00t. Aliens. I knew it. :p

Told you all so. XD

Nice ep revealing more stuff. And last part of the next ep preview has what seems to be variable mecha fighters. w00ts!

It keeps getting bettar and bettar. ;)

Its kinda cool that Eureka found out about the "car mode" accidentally just like how they found out about the gerwalk mode accidentally. And I think Eureka looks hot with long hair. ;)

I still feel though that application of a giant ref board as a means of flight is too complicated if not over-the-top. They should've just done it like they did with Charle's and Ray's mech. Simpler to design and easier to control. Imagine the algorithms and complexity of the controls just to get the mech to "balance" on a ref board what more to fly on it. I'd think doing a Cut Back Drop Turn as a human is hard enough, what more using a LFO.

Omg, Talho is now just soo....ugly.

And I hope Eureka grows her hair back. Her short hair just looks weird.

Why is all the aesthetic elements going down the shitter? The 3rd OP sequence sucks ass. What the hell?

I still like the story though...

Edited by Spatula

Its kinda cool that Eureka found out about the "car mode" accidentally just like how they found out about the gerwalk mode accidentally. And I think Eureka looks hot with long hair. ;)

I still feel though that application of a giant ref board as a means of flight is too complicated if not over-the-top. They should've just done it like they did with Charle's and Ray's mech. Simpler to design and easier to control. Imagine the algorithms and complexity of the controls just to get the mech to "balance" on a ref board what more to fly on it. I'd think doing a Cut Back Drop Turn as a human is hard enough, what more using a LFO.

372924[/snapback]

I got the impression that the Spearheads were a lot newer, hence the different tech. However, Dewey referred to it as old and we also saw one in a flashback to their military days when Adrock was still around so they're hardly fresh from the factory either.

372924[/snapback]

I got the impression that the Spearheads were a lot newer, hence the different tech. However, Dewey referred to it as old and we also saw one in a flashback to their military days when Adrock was still around so they're hardly fresh from the factory either.

372974[/snapback]

The Nirvash is the 1st (ever found), and oldest LFO ever created. The Spearheads (is that what its called?) were probably advanced prototypes but still newer than the Nirvash.

What i was trying to say is, its easier to have some simple mechanism for flight on an LFO like a jetpack with wings, or if you wanna use the trapar, the side skirts on the Spearheads would do as well compared to something complicated like a Ref board which requires human-like movements. And you could see that the engineers even had problems making the nirvash prototype walk, and getting them to be as agile as they are now, probably required probably tonnes of programming to the OS, what more programming ref-like movements into the controls.

I just realised that theEnd's cockpit was in the torso compared to normal LFOs which were on the back.

It's 'evolving' which means they can make a super enhanced version of it to sell a new toy. :D

372981[/snapback]

Every mech show has to "powerup" their mechs mid-show. If not more than once or twice. :lol:

The 3rd OP sequence sucks ass.  What the hell?

I still like the story though...

372953[/snapback]

The animation definitely takes a back seat.

Edited by UN Spacy