Eureka 7

Aegis!

Is this anime licensed. Nanashi  has only up to ep 9.  I cannot find anything after ep 9 anywhere....

318448[/snapback]

It's been licensed since before it began hence they're being so few groups working on it.

I think Nanashi is till going allbeit very slowly.

Just saw episode 10 and 11. Liking it so far. Episode 10 dwells into Holland and Talho's pasts, and in episode 11, we see an evil black Nirvash called theEND. We also get hints that the LFOs are like Evas, organic things. When the afro-dude's LFO's arm got chopped off , blood was spraying out and theEND looks organic.

Crazy chick Anemone looks like a fun character too. ;)

Just saw episode 10 and 11. Liking it so far. Episode 10 dwells into Holland and Talho's pasts, and in episode 11, we see an evil black Nirvash called theEND. We also get hints that the LFOs are like Evas, organic things. When the afro-dude's LFO's arm got chopped off , blood was spraying out and theEND looks organic.

Crazy chick Anemone looks like a fun character too. ;)

319743[/snapback]

Anemone's voice sounds very familiar.......sorta like Asuka from Evangelion.

GREAT episode though.

I'm almost 99.99999999999% sure that the Nirvash Zero will pull an EVA01 on us, go berserk and do some powerful crap. Its kinda hinted in one frame of the OP where we see a "berserk" Nirvash.

Sw33t!

We've got the HERO mechs now we need the END and a couple of more 'bad guy' vehicles to play with. :D

Just saw episode 11.

Damn it actually has me begging for MORE! Just like a junkie needs his fix. Anemone was incredibly well introduced. Well paced and they made it a point to show her craziness in none blantant ways that suggest something else. Sure it's gonna be the typical clone clash, but damn they didn't waste ANYTIME getting straight and brutally to the point. Quite awsome! Totally loved the way they handled the fight quick, violent old fashion Getter Robo style at the end with her shouting "MELT! MELT! MELT the brain!" and jerking around like a 12 year old on a couple of cans of JOLT!!! :o:blink::D That music just rocked during that fight. :D

But try out maxing the volume and closing your eyes and just listen to Anemone's first appearance in the episode. TOTALLY SW33T!

*wonders who the hell the VA will be in the english version*

*hopes it'll be Asuka's VA*

Oh Noes, It's all gone Eva! :p

I had hoped that we were past the mindmashing eva wannabe series's but this show is so good that it's easily forgiven. :D

I also noted that episode 12 is the first to really show off what those battleships they've been flaunting can really do. Kinda makes me think that a reasonably priced diecast with some accurate gimmicks (launch ramps, weapons etc) would be well recived.

• 3 weeks later...
Cool, the site has a trailer up but... is that going to be the voice of Renton? Sounds too old...

328800[/snapback]

Yeah...too old. Sounds too angsty teenage like. Renton is supposed to be what...13? Apparently he still doesn't have hair in, as the kids call it, "those places".

:lol::lol::lol:

*armpits....silly. :rolleyes:

When was the last time you saw an anime character of any age with hairy armpits?  :p

Graham

328903[/snapback]

Hmmmm...uhh....well if there's nose hair (Bobobobobobobobo from...BObobobobobobobo) and chest hair (Chouro from Jungle wa itsumo hare nochi guu) i'm sure there's one with armpit hairs.

:lol:

Episode 13 was a pretty good character growth and plot advancement chapter overall. We get to see more of the other characters and more depth from existing ones. Fairly smooth transistions between character groups, but the music overall was poor and in the 2nd half suffers from that damned looped techno beat. I kept expecting it to stop or change but gods it just kept going and going and going..... GACK!!! :o They really need to work on that. Hollands becoming an even bigger bastard at the end of this episode. Gotta love those "love to hate'm" types! :lol: And it was nice to see what the mech's could do in thier 'vehicle' config. Tanks huh! B))

But is it me or was the female commerical annocer(spl) in the beginning the VA for Amano from the first Gunbuster? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

14 is out now, thoughts in about half an hour. :)

Ack 14 is a recap episode but don't worry because it has nothing on Destiny and even has new information, mostly on the Coralian but some more hints about the LFO's origins.

New Op & Ed too, Op is decptively slow, Ed is nice and quite clever in the final frames.

Edited by Fort Max

Yeah 14 is a flashback/recap/starting point, but it's a pretty cohesively told continuance, including little things we've missing, and even goes further by pointing out the direction for up coming episodes. So it's not a traditional flashback type of show. Quite the opposite in fact when you watch the entire episode.

When I first heard the new opening music I INSTANTLY thought of Ridge Racer until the new part of it kicked in. After that the music is utterly forgetable. The 3d has really been improving as you can see by the improvment on both the Nirvash and the Gekko-Go in both the opening and closing sequences, also we see that the cockpits on all the hero mecha are in 3d. We get plenty of hints at future episodes, including END type wannabes that totally remind me of Go Nagai characters, and a nice little shot of the END and my favorite pink hair psychopath! :lol: Gotta especially love the hints at Macross Missile Storms and one of the better 3d mecha explosions I've seen!!!

I like the never ending over the previous one by alot! It's nice musically and moves along very well with this episodes making of Gekkostates ray=out.

Now I hope some of you are seeing what I'm seeing and that's the move to towards new openings and closings.... per each episode.

They allready had some variences in the earlier openings, in the fast paced bit where it flashes items of importance, the book, the seriously scary needle that Dominic has, Rentons father etc.

I was certain that the composition of this sequence changed, for instance I don't recall Amemone being in the first few intros at all.

They allready had some variences in the earlier openings, in the fast paced bit where it flashes items of importance, the book, the seriously scary needle that Dominic has, Rentons father etc.

I was certain that the composition of this sequence changed, for instance I don't recall Amemone being in the first few intros at all.

335305[/snapback]

Yeah alot of the more current anime, 2000+ stuff, have been changing little bits every few shows to keep it more current, but they've not started to remake the them every episode though. They changed the O&C at episode 14 and not 15 or higher. I hope that others start to follow this trend and it evloves to every episode.

335305[/snapback]

Yeah alot of the more current anime, 2000+ stuff, have been changing little bits every few shows to keep it more current, but they've not started to remake the them every episode though. They changed the O&C at episode 14 and not 15 or higher. I hope that others start to follow this trend and it evloves to every episode.

335388[/snapback]

I think that'd be seriously expensive and as a result the actual animation in the opneings probably wouldn't be quite as nice.

The opening scene of the new one where it pans over the tropical waterfall is just gorgeous.

I see what you're getting at but depsite the ability for Bandai to ram even more debut artists into a popular shows run I think it'll be closer to Seed with different opening/endings for each quarter.

Putting the openings aside for a moment though, I just got the Transmodel Terminus R909, http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN932990

Sorry there's no pictures of my own but I can't find my camera.

I'm not usually a fan of PVC figures (actually, I detest them) but hearing that these were mostly ABS I decided to get one and it had to be Hollands.

A lot of online reviewers slated these figures when the Nirvarsh came out, citing inexcuseably sloppy paint and poor parts fit as being it's biggest woes.

Well after spending some time wrestling it from it's package as this thing has more twist ties then a transformer and sadistically tied ones at that. Then taking some more time fiddling with it's parts and setting it up on the inculded stand I finally got around to the important matter of making use of a great deal of time to check out the paint applications.

I'm pleased to say that the paint on this 909 isn't anywhere near as bad as the pictures I'd seen of the Nirvrash, the worst spot is the upper dome of the head and even this is no worse then most other mass production toys.

Indead, I've seen transformers with far more sloppy paint.

The paint is a little bit uneven throught where panel lines are concerned are there is some overspray where there are no sculpted boundaries but again the quality is above average.

Speaking of sculpting, the figure overall seems very accurate to the show even down to the underside details and small panels on the back of the legs. The cannon that takes up one of the cockpit blocks is particulary nice and suffers no noticeable warping.

When transforming, the following concessions are made from top to bottom,

Head - pull off the whole neck and head, remove the upper dome of the head and replace in the car modes receptacle.

Rear wheels - remove, plug in the unfolded armatures and replace the wheels.

Spine - there is a nicely scuplted piece that slots in between the spine and the cockpit block that prevents the robot from using the transformation joint to fold in half when it's standing. This is removed for car mode.

Hands - remove whatever hands you're using (clenched fists, flat palms with curved fingers for gripping the board or gripping hands for the baldes) and replace with completely flat hands with pegs that stick out to be plugged into the back of the vehicle.

Board - swap the one piece board for the transforming one and attach it to the side skirts.

Overall the parts swap wasn't as bad as I thought it could be and certainly better then the Nirvrashs which required you to insert a spacer piece between the wheels in robot mode.

Construction wise, the figures shoulders, forearms, knives, mid torso, hips, upper legs and boards are all ABS. Everything else is PVC, this includes the rather large wasp like cockpit block that sticks out from the figures upper back.

Because it's solid pvc it's rather weighty and thus makes it near impossible for the figure to stand unaided in anything other then a lunging forward pose.

This is my only major problem with the figure, unfortunately it's more of a running theme then a single bugbear.

The theme all too predicatably is half arsedness, they made it half pvc and half abs, it's half anime accurate transformation while other bits (the head for instance) are parts swap when they could have been done properly if they'd made the whole thing out of ABS.

Things like the hands are unavoidable as they completely change their form for vehicle mode and I actually like having both a solid posing board and a transforming one. The same goes for the swappable cockpit canopys (one clear and one solid) though that's more along the lines of option parts rather then straight parts swap.

Regardless, had this whole figure been ABS then they could have done a number of simple things that would have noticiably improved it. First and foremost the head should retract into the body, it's not complicated and they could have done it had the whole upper body not been one solid chunk of pvc.

Following on from that, if that block were abs then they could have had actual folding rear wheel armatures with some kind of simple friction clip to hold the wheels up in robot mode.

I don't mind it so much but they could have gotten around the cockpit swap with a rotating piece that is clear on one side and solid on the other. That would have also added a simple gimmick which apart from transformation and poseability these figures lack completely.

Finally, it's not really related to the choice of pvc/abs but if they'd made the boards and feet magnetic then that would have not only made posing easier but given almost infinite range to how the feet can be positioned on the board. This would have also done away with the four little pegs that have to be inserted into the side skirts for attaching the board halfs in vehicle mode to boot.

All of that may sound rather negative but I actually really like this figure, it's fun, nicely sculpted, detailed and a lot of thought went into it. It's because I like it so much that the things I went into above bother me like they do. This figure could have been near flawless with a little more money thrown at it.

But at the moment the show is still an untested property, perhaps if it does well enough and becomes another Eva then I may just get my "perfect" Terminus yet.

In the meantime I'll console myself by purchasing the bananabot (aka the 606) and dreaming of the end. :D

• 4 weeks later...

THe Eureka 7 : A New Wave PS2 game looks interesting. It looks like some of it takes place in space and you play as 2 new characters. I wonder if this takes place after or before the anime.

I saw some screenshots of Holland in a military uniform so I think it could start as a prequel and maybe run alongside the show as you can play the Nirvarsh too.

The game does look like a lot of fun, a real time giant robot action surfing RPG. How can that not be cool. :D

I hope bandai brings it over with their trademark big marketing push.