1/72 Launch Arm for Hasagawa kits

Gundamhead

Ha...might as well join in  :rolleyes:  So, how is the progress doing, summer is nearly over...pool water is getting cold and kids need to go back to school  :lol:

322248[/snapback]

LOL...yep...thats about the size of it! Im running for Board of Ed, Coaching Soccer, working towards my blue belt in Tae Kwon Doe, just got back from a 2 week California vacation...crazy is my life! :)

Ha...might as well join in  :rolleyes:  So, how is the progress doing, summer is nearly over...pool water is getting cold and kids need to go back to school  :lol:

322248[/snapback]

LOL...yep...thats about the size of it! Im running for Board of Ed, Coaching Soccer, working towards my blue belt in Tae Kwon Doe, just got back from a 2 week California vacation...crazy is my life! :)

322261[/snapback]

Where'd you go on vacation in Cali?

322248[/snapback]

322261[/snapback]

322284[/snapback]

All over!!! It was a riot! We dragged the kids from San Jose, to San Fran, to Santa Cruz, to Monterey, to San Diego, and then to LA/Anaheim! It was a great time for the whole family. :D

322248[/snapback]

322261[/snapback]

322284[/snapback]

All over!!! It was a riot! We dragged the kids from San Jose, to San Fran, to Santa Cruz, to Monterey, to San Diego, and then to LA/Anaheim! It was a great time for the whole family. :D

322298[/snapback]

And you didn't even stop by and say hello, whatever... :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Okay all....Good news is the molds are done, the first couple kits are done, and I should be ramping up casting over the next couple days as I figure out the best way to do this kit. Gundamhead will be doing all of the sales for this, but I think he was waiting on me to post, so I figured I would get the ball rolling. A full kit with everything shown in this thread (arm, signal arm, base ) will be $65 +SH. We will do 2 arms for $110 for a limited time for MW members (which saves on shippping and arm costs! ). I know this is an expensive price, but it's a lot of pieces, and a lot of resin...not to mention a lot of work by GHead. Everything is cast in high quality resin with only paintable mold release, so cleanup will be easy... all long arm parts have embedded brass for strength.

Ill post a link in for sale here

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=16293

Please reply to that thread if your interested in purchasing and reply here with questions. Gundamhead, Im sure, will start a list in the for sale section. Our plan is to only take money for the ones about to ship, so right now you just need to sign up. I would guess the first batch of 10 arms will be ready to go in a week or 2, and then probably about 5 to 10 arms a week depending on our time. Once the initial run is done these may go away...(no threat...just want to be fair as I am busy with some other projects too)

Cheers all!

• 2 weeks later...
I guy named Jeff Gable just emailed me about this kit. He says he's been trying to register with MW and it won't let him (I'm having the same problem with RPF, btw). He knows me from Starshipmodeler.com... and he definitely wants one of these as well.

Thanks,

Brian

336484[/snapback]

Post that again, but here instead;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...opic=16293&st=0

• 2 weeks later...
I've gotten mine and the more I looks at it the more I'm impressed. Ths is one amazing kit.

Now, can I get it and a VE-1 done by May?

339121[/snapback]

Why thank you sir. We tried to make a kit people would like. I'm glad you like it. B))

I am a bit curious about a VE-1 though, I dunno how the arm would grab the FAST packs with that big old dish on top. The Super Ostrich and a VE-1 (with no dish) could be done with a mod to the claw/tail pack connection, but I didn't try. I'd love to see what you come up with. B))

Woohoo!! :D:D

Just got my Launch Arm! I am starting a thread over at the How to Build section as I start this puppy!

Come join me (and build yours too at the same time!) over at;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=0#entry341193

(more to come tonight after the kiddies have had their fun...)

• 3 years later...
i want one too...

Welcome to MW! Now, please, refrain from necroing too much... Unless it's on Fan Works, then it's a good thing. This probably died in 05, due to lack of interest or a change in plans by th manufacturer.

I'm no mod, but I know people don't much like it.

As they say though, there are always fans of X. Not everyone hates X. AmIright? :)

To be honest I see nothing wrong with bumping old posts, especially interesting ones like this.

There's a difference between bump and necro. Bumping something is within a few weeks, maybe months. But this has been dead for years. That's a necro.

I'm willing to accept "Any news?" but this was "I want one too". That's not a proper bump, in and of itself.

It's a little different in fan works, because everyone can contribute what they've made.

I will say, though, that this is interesting, and I never woulda seen it on my own.

There's a difference between bump and necro. Bumping something is within a few weeks, maybe months. But this has been dead for years. That's a necro.

I'm willing to accept "Any news?" but this was "I want one too". That's not a proper bump, in and of itself.

It's a little different in fan works, because everyone can contribute what they've made.

I will say, though, that this is interesting, and I never woulda seen it on my own.

Wow for someone who has been here less than a year you do come across quite crass and know it all. Why not let the mods and admins decide its their job.

This is an anime forum dedicated to a TV show. Take it easy and look at the pics of what others have done. Its good he resurrected this thread honestly since the launch arm is getting near release. There have even been recent inquiries on starship modeler itself. This is making people aware of it without having to start a whole new thread.

Edited by HWR MKII

Nice to know Sean, I didn't know the Arm was due out yet.

Let that be a lesson to ya - big things come from small enquiries, for example out of my simple thread asking about details of an existing 1/72 scale monster came an entirely new build by Mike Salzo that meant a lot of people got a 72 scale Monster that otherwise couldn't..

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to MW! Now, please, refrain from necroing too much... Unless it's on Fan Works, then it's a good thing. This probably died in 05, due to lack of interest or a change in plans by th manufacturer.

I'm no mod, but I know people don't much like it.

As they say though, there are always fans of X. Not everyone hates X. AmIright? :)

sorry guys, i'm really new to this forum...when i was reading this thread i was getting really excited that i didn't notice the last posted date...and it's a relief to know starshipmodeler will reissue this kit...yay

• 4 years later...

18309d1264018105-racism-ignorance-lazine

So, I'm getting ready to build my launch arm, and headed off to the Google for inspiration. Stumbled across this old thread while doing so, and now I've got a question:

Where the hell is everyone's builds posted at? I'm seeing people saying put me down for 1 or even 2 of the launch arms, so a ton of them must have been built up already, right??? I've got wm cheng's how to guide downloaded. so I'll probably be referring to those quite often.

So, where is everyone else's?

Never built mine. Still sitting in a box.

I can't speak for others, but honestly, I'm really apprehensive about building it after hearing all of the problems with warping. I guess mine is V.2.0 or V.3.0, with the metal rod running through it. My only guess would be to build it with clear wire holding up the fighter, or instituting an aggressive weight reduction program... but even then I wonder if that will be enough.

I was sent an electronic folder full of photos ect... let me see if I can dig it up and I'll send it to you.

Richard

Edited by Noyhauser

• 4 months later...

Just showed up as a pre-order on another recast site (not naming names, find it yourself if you're so inclined).

Now, recast of the original, or recast of the other KP recast? Looks like they're using KP's pics as a product description, which would be fitting since he stole pics to begin with.

I have one, still in the box, with the metal rod. may be it will be a 2014 project... I'm not sure yet.

Go for it!! I'd love to see what you could do with it. Be warned, though, it's designed for the Super packs only. You need to do some grabber arm shaving if you want to put a Strike in it.

Damn! You spoiled my project.... :S ;)

I never noticied that.

I didn't notice it either until I was test fitting the packs to the arm. Doh! The cannon extends back over the pack, so that messes up the original fit. There is room to play with, though.

post-12411-0-42589900-1376815469_thumb.jpg
Compare the right side arms to the left side.
Edited by Jefuemon